Data Security - Shredder

RichardDeaf

Reaction score
All I can say is: Damn...

[yt]yd_O7-rqcHc[/yt]

And they call Americans the most wasteful people of planet... Here we are inventing one of those waste processors.
*Opens up can of IT worms* should this be legal or no!? It's wasting precious materials that can be reused!

But tbh, all my old drives are sitting around collecting dust.. I can't imagine doing this for the newer 100/250/500+GB drives. That's a complete waste imo.

And they call Americans the most wasteful people of planet... Here we are inventing one of those waste processors.
*Opens up can of IT worms* should this be legal or no!? It's wasting precious materials that can be reused!

But tbh, all my old drives are sitting around collecting dust.. I can't imagine doing this for the newer 100/250/500+GB drives. That's a complete waste imo.

They do re-use them.. Probably melt the metals for future HD. :hmm:

NSA probably do this for old HD contain TOP SECRET rating files.

nothing is reused when it comes to national security. Pentagon, NSA, etc. have their own disposal facility to destroy paper documents. It is a very elaborate process to destroy it. The documents were shredded and liquefied and disposed.

I format, put a bunch of junk on them, then drill 3 1/2” holes in them, plug them into a old comp and spin them up.

I had to replace my database sever last year. I had 8 of them to do that were 2 years old and were way over used.

SQL rocks…

As far as paper and cd’s we shred them and then burn them during the winter or till them into our garden.

Our company's policy on HDD destruction after useful life or breakdown are strictly enforced. New HDDs coming in into production used are to be labeled with a non-removable barcode sticker, audited, documented into our registration database. This is to adhere our state and federal privacy policies.

Prior to HDD destruction by an ultra-powerful degausser machine. HDD must be inspected by two senior people and both signs off from registration database.

Back