Dad Banned From School After Gun License In Spat With Principal

VacationGuy234

Reaction score
I'm on the fence about this. The guy says he's a rapper and has a video with knives which certainly needs to be looked into.

If there is no mental illness here, this is just making a bad situation worse.

However, I understand all the caution:

Dad Banned From School After Showing Gun License In Spat With Principal « CBS Boston

As I understand it, the kid has been removed from the school.

I'm sure there will be a lawsuit at some point.

When into argument, the worst and stupidest thing anyone would do is mentioning anything related to firearms. Mentioning firearm should never happened regardless (Including threats from others) and firearm is reserved for any life threats, the argument at school isn't life threatening. Whats wrong with him? I think Principal's action was appropriate.

SMH

When into argument, the worst and stupidest thing anyone would do is mentioning anything related to firearms. Mentioning firearm should never happened regardless (Including threats from others) and firearm is reserved for any life threats, the argument at school isn't life threatening. Whats wrong with him?

SMH

I agree the father is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

2nd Amendment trumps school policies.

This have nothing to do with 2nd amendment. What does displaying firearm license have to do with 2nd amendment at school where there is zero threats?

Technically, having him displaying firearm license to Principal is equivalent to threatening principal directly and what would you expect next reaction from principal? It is pretty much like having this guy telling to Principal, "I got guns and if you screw me and my son up, I will shoot you" is that really necessary?

This have nothing to do with 2nd amendment. What does displaying firearm license have to do with 2nd amendment at school where there is zero threats?

Technically, having him displaying firearm license to Principal is equivalent to threatening principal directly and what would you expect next reaction from principal? It is pretty much like having this guy telling to Principal, "I got guns and if you screw me and my son up, I will shoot you" is that really necessary?

It don't make sense - the gun license is acceptable ID for voting, buying alcoholic beverage, cigarette, prescription drugs (especially with narcotic).

I'm not surprised about schools are over-sensitivity about guns. :roll:

No, you don't get it. It is WHEN is worst time to display the license. He was having issues with Principal over his son, that is the worst possible time to show the license.

If it is friendly chat, discussing about firearms then it is OK.

See the paragraph from the news below

The controversy stems from a heated private discussion Goodwin has at the school with Michael Hanna, principal at the Stratton Elementary School.
Goodwin said the argument was over a picture his son drew at school that the principal found to be very inappropriate.

How stupid he is when showing firearms license when in heated argument with somebody else?

It don't make sense - the gun license is acceptable ID for voting, buying alcoholic beverage, cigarette, prescription drugs (especially with narcotic).

I'm not surprised about schools are over-sensitivity about guns. :roll:

Foxrac, lets say you disagreed with me and started argument with me over about a thread here on AD. We got into heated argument who is right or who is wrong, how would YOU feel if I decided to show you my firearm license? Won't you feel comfortable with that? Think about it.

No, you don't get it. It is WHEN is worst time to display the license. He was having issues with Principal over his son, that is the worst possible time to show the license.

If it is friendly chat, discussing about firearms then it is OK.

See the paragraph from the news below

The controversy stems from a heated private discussion Goodwin has at the school with Michael Hanna, principal at the Stratton Elementary School.
Goodwin said the argument was over a picture his son drew at school that the principal found to be very inappropriate.

How stupid he is when showing firearms license when in heated argument with somebody else?

Well, I disagree with school action.

From article.

“During that discussion I compared my legally owned license to carry firearms with the picture that my son drew,” Goodwin said.

It is obviously principal's fault to cause escalating with father and schools are becoming politically correct and sensitive to guns that frustrated this father.

Foxrac, lets say you disagreed with me and started argument with me over about a thread here on AD. We got into heated argument who is right or who is wrong, how would YOU feel if I decided to show you my firearm license? Won't you feel comfortable with that? Think about it.

I'm really don't care because firearm license is just ID.

AD is internet community and everyone disagree, that's normal.

Why don't you just bring your firearm license in bank and show it to one of teller. Would you?

Why don't you just bring your firearm license in bank and show it to one of teller. Would you?

The firearm license is part of ID form that bank required to verify, especially in Texas.

It is no threat to me. :dunno:

First of all, what was their argrument all about? Secondly, what hell is he thinking by showing his firearm license ID by threatening the principle of what?

My opinin, is kid should not be removed but the parent should not be visiting for a year or so.

It is not my concern if the gun law revokes his id.

He showed his gun license out of anger, that is what the BIG problem is. If this story is correct, the dad got angry and went too far. It's a really tough situation for schools. They are trying to protect children. If the principal did not follow through on this and the dad came back and did do something in anger we would all be saying......"why didn't they do something". Difficult situation. Error on the side of caution.

Back