Cuts on SSI/SSDI?

Here is hard proof that there is no such law that cuts SSI/SSDI

Seniors say they can't afford Social Security cuts due to chained CPI - Apr. 11, 2013

This is exact what I am saying "Hidden cuts" Or cuts in stealth mode where no one knows until its too late. If your not concern, then you better stack up assets and $ before you retirements. Because over the time they will keep cutting them while you work and when your ready for retirement it may not be much $ for you just to live by.

Its pretty much, Now, don't worry about that. Once reach that time, oh shit moment, can't go back and fix it cause you didn't complain back then.
That link is talking about SS benefits freeze.

President Obama's proposal to reduce cost of living adjustments for Social Security.

For example, pay cut means reduction in salary and pay freeze means no pay increase and/or no COLA.

Recently, mail handlers' union has a new contract and it includes two years pay freeze which means no pay raise including COLAs. It doesn't even mention pay CUTS.

Did you read the whole news? They are attempt to re-formulate the cola for future increases. Do you know what means formula? Current formula meaning that future increases can be x amount while newer formula will be less of that x amount easily... invisible cuts by using reformulated mathematic to calculate cost of living increase. That is where you don't get it and I see it perfectly clearly.

Lets make it clear this is about how to calculate the increase for the benefits, they are changing the way they calculate.

Suppose your retirement in 20 years from now with current CPI formula, you would get say 1,500 dollars a month from SS

If Obama and congress changed the formula, what will happen to your 1,500 dollars check in future that you would get from SS? It won't be 1,500, maybe more of 1,200 a month instead. You didn't notice 300 dollars cuts already slowly made over time so when your retire and saw your SS check smaller, blame today's proposal not 20 years later, but hey it will be too late to fix. Its a way to cut the future entitlement not today entitlements.

That link is talking about SS benefits freeze.

For example, pay cut means reduction in salary and pay freeze means no pay increase and/or no COLA.

Recently, mail handlers' union has a new contract and it includes two years pay freeze which means no pay raise including COLAs. It doesn't even mention pay CUTS.

I heard a rumor about Obama's 2014 budget to social security cut plan as $1,000 off yearly for senior citizens and smaller cut for low income SSA receipters.

that doesnt make sense as the holiday to lower the fica taxes is officially ending.

No it is not rumor, it is actually on the table right now. It has NOT passed in congress yet. This can be confused for many, but for me, it is crystal clear. They do not want to use word cuts because they know they will get backfire so they are looking around so no one notice until its too late. I NOTICED already, because I always look at ahead not just today or this year. Im talking about long term outlook.

I heard a rumor about Obama's 2014 budget to social security cut plan as $1,000 off yearly for senior citizens and smaller cut for low income SSA receipters.

Think about this, all the savings that workers got though FICA, these are the losses that government had made, and they have to get that losses back somehow. So really, the workers who got discount of FICA is technically borrowing their money from retirement funds.

that doesnt make sense as the holiday to lower the fica taxes is officially ending.

Think about this, all the savings that workers got though FICA, these are the losses that government had made, and they have to get that losses back somehow. So really, the workers who got discount of FICA is technically borrowing their money from retirement funds.
On TV I saw Pres Obama's last speech in 2012 about an increase (2%) in SS taxes (from 4.2% to 6.2%) starting in Jan 2013. So why should we cut SS benefits?

Guess you don't understand what I am trying to explain. BEST once I explain to you in person using ASL, you will say ohhh you mean that.

Do you believe every speeches that president made in the past? I don't buy none of these speeches. Talk is cheap! action is the reality.

What is on the table is Obama's action, what is in it? Change the COLA formula (That is a layman sentence) which to make future increases SMALLER than if the formula was not changed. This is really sneaky way of future cuts without you knowing it. You see, you don't understand what I am saying. This proves that Obama is actually taking advantage of your confusion into thinking they are helping you but really NOT.

On TV I saw Pres Obama's last speech in 2012 about an increase (2%) in SS taxes (from 4.2% to 6.2%) starting in Jan 2013. So why should we cut SS benefits?

Guess you don't understand what I am trying to explain. BEST once I explain to you in person using ASL, you will say ohhh you mean that.

Do you believe every speeches that president made in the past? I don't buy none of these speeches. Talk is cheap! action is the reality.

What is on the table is Obama's action, what is in it? Change the COLA formula (That is a layman sentence) which to make future increases SMALLER than if the formula was not changed. This is really sneaky way of future cuts without you knowing it. You see, you don't understand what I am saying. This proves that Obama is actually taking advantage of your confusion into thinking they are helping you but really NOT.
The law is already passed for 2% increase on SS tax effective in Jan 2013 so his speech was not bullshit.

I know that Obama recently proposed a reduction in COLA for SS benefits but it has not approved by Congress yet.

No it is not rumor, it is actually on the table right now. It has NOT passed in congress yet. This can be confused for many, but for me, it is crystal clear. They do not want to use word cuts because they know they will get backfire so they are looking around so no one notice until its too late. I NOTICED already, because I always look at ahead not just today or this year. Im talking about long term outlook.

Most liberals already know it is "cut" so they refuse to support Obama's plan.

I don't think that chained CPI will happen, though.

Back