Cuties

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ78gK8FHcg[/ame]

bcc93f49gw1exqi0hsu4gg2087089x6q.gif

One of those kittens was playing with a black marker. :lol:

Look at those blue eyes! (As a blue-eyed person myself I am partial to those baby blues :) )

Every time I read the title of this thread I think Cooties, not Cuties. :p

Was that a collie up there? I kinda thot it was a Sheltie....

That's a collie, just after the Dal pup on the first page. An older dog possibly.

That's a collie, just after the Dal pup on the first page. An older dog possibly.

I think so too. The similarities between the two can be hard to distinguish until you see the sizes. I grew up with Shetland Sheepdogs. We (my family) had 3 until I went off to college. After the last one, they decided to go even smaller and now have mini schnauzers.

Shelties are energetic dogs, I've seen a few in herding. A above-average size Sheltie -can - look a bit similar to a female Collie. But for me, there are often little differences in the way the head is shaped, the muzzle, the stop, the ear set....that can help me tell.

I've known several mini Schnauzers - not mellow, the ones I've known. One of my first childhood hands-on dog experiences and also in reading dog body language, was a mini Schnauzer who was often left tied out in his person's yard. He was well-cared for and did live in the house but also spent time sitting outside. He would get frustrated at this and react at passerby - especially with the amount of kids in the neighborhood - as you might expect and many neighborhood kids were afraid of him because he acted out and ran out at them and barked and danced around at the end of his tie-out in frustration. I was not afraid of him would often go and sit with him and I explained to the other kids why he did what he did. I was probably about 9.

Back