Culture Question

Hayden

Reaction score
I was invited by some Deaf friends to a volleyball game at Missouri School for the Deaf. I am going, and I am really excited to meet more Deaf/HoH people closer to my age!
I had a question, though. Should I wear my hearing aids? One of my friends said it would be rude, the other said it didn't matter. Thoughts?

it does not matter. lots of Deaf/deaf people do have CI or HA. I am Deaf and wearing my HA. I am an ASL user.

Good question. Hard to say. It's my understand that Deaf cats have never been fit with hearing aids. I would suppose it's up to you. Deaf cats will probably be left out without hearing aids.

I was invited by some Deaf friends to a volleyball game at Missouri School for the Deaf. I am going, and I am really excited to meet more Deaf/HoH people closer to my age!
I had a question, though. Should I wear my hearing aids? One of my friends said it would be rude, the other said it didn't matter. Thoughts?

I know if I was planning on going out and someone told me not to wear my hearing aids, I'd find it rude...I'd also look for better friends. I can't understand what's wrong with you going as yourself. If you wear hearing aids, keep them on.

Laura

Does not matter if you are wearing them or not. If you are in a Deaf school, so what. There are some Deaf students who wear hearing aids or CIs and they are all ASL users. It is all up to you to make your choices. No one should tell you what they want. It is suppose to be a free country. I remembered that Missouri deaf schools were famous for oral only program back then. ASL was not allowed back then. So I hope it has lighten up and let the Deaf students sign. :)

Back