Crystal Light - Harmful?

I agree. I avoid all of the artificial sweeteners. The only artificial sweetener I ever consume is Splenda and I rarely consume it at all. Maybe a couple times a year, but never a large quantity of it at once. In fact, I'm still very wary of consuming any of it at all.

Given the reaction you had, I would say you are wise to be wary and to avoid it. I think we would all be better off if we avoided the chemicals and additives. I have several objections to the use of artificial sweetners, in particular, unless one is diabetic and it is medically advisable.

I don't do margatrines, either, for the same reason. While you may need to limit the amount in your diet, it is still better for you than the chemically produced spreads. I'm a firm believer in controlling fat, calories, and salt intake with moderation, not by replacing natural foods with something the body can't digest properly.

Wow, talk about reviving a dead thread. :lol: I just steer clear of any products with aspartame and I haven't had any problems since then. I can drink any powdered drinks with either sugar or splenda and not experience any problems, but if I drink anything with aspartame in it, I do experience some problems.

It's the same with sugar-free gum with aspartame, I get facial tics from them, as strange as that sounds. I haven't had a problem for years since I avoid these products. I must have developed some sort of bad reaction to it. :shrug:
Have you checked with a doctor to see if it's an allergic reaction?

Have you checked with a doctor to see if it's an allergic reaction?

Well, this was years ago. I did ask my family doctor about it, he told me that if I don't get a good reaction from something like Crystal Light, the best thing to do is to not consume it. If the problems persist, he'll do an allergy test, but he never had to.

I have found that I am allergic to the aspartame. MIL drink Crystal Light like it's going out of style. Hubby was told not to have it at all with his heart issues. He is not allowed to have any of the instant drinks. He's also supposed to stay away from artificial sweeteners as well.

might to person variety kind of condition! I am surprised interesting different
I look like person cyrstel no sugar cause! I am interesting! that is not funny serious cause your syptem might to report to Health reason research good idea

Well, this was years ago. I did ask my family doctor about it, he told me that if I don't get a good reaction from something like Crystal Light, the best thing to do is to not consume it. If the problems persist, he'll do an allergy test, but he never had to.
Ah, okay... glad to see your head didn't explode. ;)

i never problems with crystal light but im use that on go packages for water bottles

crystal light isn't good for me

I'm just curious, did any of you ever experience some form of chest pains, and pains in your throat that you rarely or never feel as a result of drinking Crystal Light?

I believe I had several bad reactions to the Crystal Light drinks, and I plan on making an appointment with my doctor to go over the possibility of an allergy. But I believe it may be a possibility that it's a form of poisoning because of the way I felt the pains. It is very unlikely that it was an allergy because my throat did not swell up or anything, I just felt the pain and it is the kind of pain you never want to experience.

It's almost unbearable. I even considered going to the emergency room a few times. But now that I've stopped drinking it and I haven't had any problems since then till I drank a glass of it last night and got a mild reaction to it. I'm now pretty sure that it is Crystal Light that I believe to be harmful. I don't know why since millions drink it and you don't hear of problems coming from them. Perhaps it depends on how much you drink it. But who knows?

Anybody care to share their experiences?

I had problem with crystal light , I had allergic reaction to the drink. My face broke out in hives and itching all over. I tried every thing, went to doctors, fungal cream, no one knew what was causing the problems. I started to get rid of different types of food to see if it would help. Finally I stopped drinking crystal light. The hives cleared up, itching stopped, redness went away, cough went away, blurry vision went away . I believe it was the aspartame in the drink. I haven't been much of a believer on what you put into you body but I am now.. I wouldn't touch that if it was the last drink on earth.. good luck with your journey with crystal light..

interesting post. my friend drinks Crystal Light ALLL the time (dunno why, i think that stuff is gross). every time i drink it at her house, i get heartburns. i hate powdered flavors for water

you may be allergy to Crystal light...

I have never heard of something you drink that can cause you to have allergy that is something new to me....

So, I dunno, it never happened to me

Yes, you may be allergic to it.

who the heck would drink this poison? :lol:

I do it naturally... just slice some lemon/orange and put it in a water jug and that's all!

Me too..I am very very addicted to water with freshly squeezed lemons. I have to buy at least 3 or more pounds of lemons a week. It is crazy.

Used to drink that, but for some reason found it not to help me lose weight. It was sometime ago so I can't remember the details, but I don't think it was from pain so much as the product being bullshit.

I'd suggest you go with water and a slice of real lemon if you don't like the taste of water. Processed food is full of bullshit we may never know about.

My hubby has the same problem.

You mean, he get migraines from food colorings?
that sucks, eh..

hey Shel - have you seen your brother starring in The Prince of Persia :giggle:

prince-of-persia-sand-der-zeit-7.jpg

Fuzzy

crystal light is pure junk and I can't believe people buy the crap!! I am fine drinking plain water .

Back