Crystal Light - Harmful?

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
I'm just curious, did any of you ever experience some form of chest pains, and pains in your throat that you rarely or never feel as a result of drinking Crystal Light?

I believe I had several bad reactions to the Crystal Light drinks, and I plan on making an appointment with my doctor to go over the possibility of an allergy. But I believe it may be a possibility that it's a form of poisoning because of the way I felt the pains. It is very unlikely that it was an allergy because my throat did not swell up or anything, I just felt the pain and it is the kind of pain you never want to experience.

It's almost unbearable. I even considered going to the emergency room a few times. But now that I've stopped drinking it and I haven't had any problems since then till I drank a glass of it last night and got a mild reaction to it. I'm now pretty sure that it is Crystal Light that I believe to be harmful. I don't know why since millions drink it and you don't hear of problems coming from them. Perhaps it depends on how much you drink it. But who knows?

Anybody care to share their experiences?
 

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
No, I never had problems with my health when drinking Crystal Light Lemonade.

Wow, I can't imaged it happend to you. Sorry about that maybe it isn't harmful for everyone. What did your doctor said about it?


Maybe you are correct depends on how much you drink, because, I do not usually drink that all the time .
 

Fly Free

New Member
i personally do not drink crystal light -- but anything is a possibility -- allergies or something else -- it might be wise to go to doc and find out for sure if its allergy or something else for u Banjo
 

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
you may be allergy to Crystal light...

I have never heard of something you drink that can cause you to have allergy that is something new to me....

So, I dunno, it never happened to me
 

TweetyBird

...
Premium Member
i never drink this before.. u may allegry this.. but better for u go doctor and check with it.. find out what the dr say.. i hope that u will be ok...
 

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Perhaps, it's the flavor or something that you're drinking. I drink Crystal Light almost every day. Sometimes, I drink it 5 times a day. The flavor I usually drink is Lemonade and Rasberry Tea. There are other flavors and they are pretty strong. I did get a sore throat once because I drank this one flavor. I also didn't like the flavor so I never got it again. Maybe, that's the issue in your case... wrong flavor?
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Hmm..I never had any issues in drinking Crystal Light -- sounds like an allergic reaction to it. Best bet is visit your doctor and have an allergy test done. Just to be on the safe side.
 

Mb13

New Member
Crystal light/chest pains

I have the same Problem!! I can't take deep breaths... And get headaches. Why did you find out???
 

Smithtr

G.G.H.T
Premium Member
I heard it artiensica not good, it is very serious cause your hand not good I am surprised, my client told me not good crystal light, cause cancer risk! serious!
 

Frisky Feline

Well-Known Member
Banjo, have you seen doctor 7 years ago about this thread? :lol:


I can't stand any kind of diet drinks that has aspartame. they taste so horrible!
 

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
I drink Crystal Light without any problems.

Banjo, did you ever find out what was wrong?
 

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
who the heck would drink this poison? :lol:

I do it naturally... just slice some lemon/orange and put it in a water jug and that's all!
 

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
I drink Crystal Light without any problems.

Banjo, did you ever find out what was wrong?
Wow, talk about reviving a dead thread. :lol: I just steer clear of any products with aspartame and I haven't had any problems since then. I can drink any powdered drinks with either sugar or splenda and not experience any problems, but if I drink anything with aspartame in it, I do experience some problems.

It's the same with sugar-free gum with aspartame, I get facial tics from them, as strange as that sounds. I haven't had a problem for years since I avoid these products. I must have developed some sort of bad reaction to it. :shrug:
 

jillio

New Member
Wow, talk about reviving a dead thread. :lol: I just steer clear of any products with aspartame and I haven't had any problems since then. I can drink any powdered drinks with either sugar or splenda and not experience any problems, but if I drink anything with aspartame in it, I do experience some problems.

It's the same with sugar-free gum with aspartame, I get facial tics from them, as strange as that sounds. I haven't had a problem for years since I avoid these products. I must have developed some sort of bad reaction to it. :shrug:
They keep discovering more possible harmful effects of sugar substitutes. Better off sticking with the natural product.
 

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
They keep discovering more possible harmful effects of sugar substitutes. Better off sticking with the natural product.
I agree. I avoid all of the artificial sweeteners. The only artificial sweetener I ever consume is Splenda and I rarely consume it at all. Maybe a couple times a year, but never a large quantity of it at once. In fact, I'm still very wary of consuming any of it at all.
 
Top