Cryptolocker hijacker

saywhatkid

Huked on fonix werx!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I realize this is a computer-related topic, but it might be better in general, for more readership.

Just read about this new "ransomware" threat, Cryptolocker. Been kind of quiet about this on the news front, and this thing seems quite nasty. Wish it were a joke, but it is not. Read more here:

Cryptolocker Hijack program - Page 26 - General Security

:shock:

Yes, this has been going on through out US. We have caught some viruses that attempted to crypt the file but it fail to do so. It's because we already set up GPO to prevent from this happening and only top administrator allowed to perform this kind of tasks, so usually corporate users will get an error message saying that this user have no right to modify it.

i just wish i understood it or that link...be arsed if i pay no way...it needs be more simple

i just wish i understood it or that link...be arsed if i pay no way...it needs be more simple

What happen is if your computer got infected, the virus will create cryptic files which make secret codes, not like a regular file that created by MS Word. It will change the file to become unreadable, like your important documents or all of your favorite pictures and such. Once you try to open the file you will get an error that unable to open because it's encrypted. So the only way to un-encrypt the file is to contact the hacker and pay some ransom so you can get the files back in a normal way. In reality the files that encrypted usually fail to unencrypted. So, you become a sucker and you lost all the files unless if you have something that backed up.

On a side note, if you have encrypted Hard Drive, I mean 100% fully encrypted. You won't get infected by virus because the virus program will not able to read or execute the encrypted disk.

surely police can do it, if contacting hacker that siimple or that to simplictic

Back