Crush on a hearing co-worker??

bluephoenix1

Reaction score
I just like to have your thoughts on this... I'm deaf, and there is this handsome hearing guy at work I am attracted to. We haven't talked much to each other but he knows ASL previously before I started working with him, although I'm shy to ask how much he knows.

There are body language hints and I have a hunch that he likes me back, but I can't be 100% sure. For example, one day he came to my workroom and we were both alone - it was late in the day. He showed me something on the computer, and then I talked back to him as I normally did to my other hearing co-workers. Right after he said something to me, he ran away from my workroom like a wild pokemon when it's cornered. :laugh2: :confused:

When I looked at his face and the way he ran from the room, I can tell he's really nervous. I wasn't sure if his behavior is like that because 1) he's just awkward that I'm deaf, 2) he has to attend to something right away, or 3) he actually likes me. In my first days working with him, he doesn't seem to look nervous when he tried to communicate with me. That which has led me to this hunch, among other hints. There is this wanting feeling in my guts I want to tell him how much I feel but at the same time, I'm scared of what would happen between us. And to make things worse, we don't talk much with each other and when we do, it's just work talk.

STILL, there is this attraction I cannot ignore! Do you deafies have any experience having a crush on a hearing coworker and how did it go for you?

Humm? Should I respond? I went on a date with a hearing lady and her friend was like ???

From a man's point of view, boys are shy and unsure, but a confident lady can inspire and motivate, encourage, ect. One of the best lines a lady used on me was " well your an honorable man aren't you

getting with a co-worker can be messy. You can start dating, but remember that if it does not work out, things might become awkward there.

there is a policy against dating if you work in same company it may lead to having a boss to break up a couple up i had seen few that happened at work long long time ago and i knew better not to bother to date guys who works same place as me if they work at different place but same company then go for it :) so I suggest you date people that u don't work with cuz it can lead to problems that's all it's in my opinion but good luck tho :)

It depends on employers, some allows.. some don't. In my work facility, there is several who is in relationships (worker to worker or worker to managements). I know a management had to be transferred out to another facility when he married a driver and another married couple -- a female driver and part time inside job that currently working in the same facility.

Dating a co worker or management will have risks of conflicts due to the job. It really depends on the job itself, some works out well, some don't.

Ehh, It is not worth dating a co-worker. I have seen some dramas at Ralphs in my youth. I'm so glad I quit. No more sexual harassment for me!

Then there's Joseph's example, flee immorality, work place for work, time clock or parking lot maybe how are you???

Ehh, It is not worth dating a co-worker. I have seen some dramas at Ralphs in my youth. I'm so glad I quit. No more sexual harassment for me!

Yeah sexual harassment is one big thing, seen that at my workplace. It's too easy to damage one reputation on the job when one dates a co worker or managements. Favoritism, special privileges, and so on... this will backfire.

Yeah sexual harassment is one big thing, seen that at my workplace. It's too easy to damage one reputation on the job when one dates a co worker or managements. Favoritism, special privileges, and so on... this will backfire.

My stepsister in law is very attractive and a lawyer. She had to deal with sexual harassment at her legal firms. She was very much frustrated about the situation. Some bozo lawyer didn't care if she is married at some point. It is one of her reasons she quit. Sexual harassment is everywhere. I am not the only one who dealt with it. My co-worker was pretty and a college student. She quit before I quit a few weeks later because she no longer could deal with sexual harassment. She practically screamed at one of our managers and stormed out and never returned. Good for her.

My stepsister in law is very attractive and a lawyer. She had to deal with sexual harassment at her legal firms. She was very much frustrated about the situation. Some bozo lawyer didn't care if she is married at some point. It is one of her reasons she quit. Sexual harassment is everywhere. I am not the only one who dealt with it. My co-worker was pretty and a college student. She quit before I quit a few weeks later because she no longer could deal with sexual harassment. She practically screamed at one of our managers and stormed out and never returned. Good for her.

Not long ago, I had to take "Anti-Harassment" module and quiz which is mandatory for all employees. It explains out the laws and details what is considered harassment including sexual harassment. I've heard many stories of drivers and managements fired for sexual harassment. Like you said sexual harassment is everywhere and is out of hand. Many are getting away with it and it frustrates victims and advocates.

Back