Cruise ship runs aground off Italy, 3 dead

Yes what captain and his crews are being accuse to responsible of death and missing passengers due to their neglect work...

It's very sad what happened to the passengers, and also very avoidable. Heads will roll on this one.

The captain and crew didn't do their jobs. Inexcusable. :mad:

No practice drills. Inexcusable. My daughter's family went on a cruise a few months ago, and they did a drill within the first hour out of the harbor.

My daughter said when she when on cruise they had a drill before they left the port. I heard on the news today another body was found by the divers . :(

The captain is an arrogant jerk! He said he did nothing wrong!! He should not be allowed to have a rubber boat in his bathtub!

Think I read this AM that they were having to drill holes in the ship, as there was still some missing passengers...and hoping they had enuf air.....

Exclusives news update

More bodies recovered from stricken cruise ship
More bodies recovered from stricken cruise ship - CNN.com

5 more bodies found on Costa Concordia
5 more bodies found on Costa Concordia - CBS News

Coast Guard to capt.: "Go back on board!"
Coast Guard to capt.: "Go back on board!" - World Watch - CBS News
oh wow! this audio will shocking to world!!

In a translation released by Reuters, Gregorio De Falco, the port captain at Livorno, is heard ordering Schettino - who said he was in a lifeboat - back to the Costa Concordia:

Coast Guard: "Listen Schettino, there are people trapped on board. Now you need to go on your life boat, under the bow of the ship on the side. There is a ladder. You need to climb up the ladder and board the ship. Get on board and report to me how many people there are. Is that clear?. . . . "

Schettino: "At this moment the ship is tilted."

Coast Guard: "I understand. Listen, there are people who are coming down the ladder on the bow. Go back in the opposite direction, get back on the ship, and tell me how many people there are and what they have on board. . . . Tell me if there are children, women and what type of help they need. And you tell me the number of each of these categories. Is that clear? . . . Listen Schettino, perhaps you have saved yourself from the sea but I will make you look very bad. I will make you pay for this. Dammit, go back on board!"

Schettino: "Please . . . "

Coast Guard: "There is no please about it. Go back on board. Assure me you are going back on board!"

Schettino: "I am in the life boat, under the ship, I haven't gone anywhere, I'm here."

Coast Guard: "What are you doing?"

Schettino: "I am coordinating . . . "

Coast Guard: "What are you coordinating there? Go on board! Coordinate the rescue from on board! Are you refusing?"

Schettino: "No, I am not refusing."

Coast Guard: "Tell me the reason why you are not going back on board."

Schettino: "There is another life boat ... "

Coast Guard: "You go back on board! That is an order! There is nothing else for you to consider. You have sounded the 'abandon ship.' Now I am giving the orders. Go back on board. Is that clear? Don't you hear me?"

Schettino: "I am going on board."

Coast Guard: "Go! Call me immediately when you are on board. My rescue people are in front of the bow."

i will kept that news update

I don't understand Italian but the emotional anger and firmness is clear in the coast guardsman's voice as he orders the ship's captain to carry out his duties. Wow!

The captain of the port (the coast guardsman) has authority over ships' captains that are in his harbor or port.

My daughter said when she when on cruise they had a drill before they left the port. I heard on the news today another body was found by the divers . :(

The captain is an arrogant jerk! He said he did nothing wrong!! He should not be allowed to have a rubber boat in his bathtub!

:lol: Same with us..when we went on a short 3 day cruise, we had a drill almost right away after departure.

Seems the captain was either drunk or engaged in some kind of personal challenge to show off... At least, it's becoming quite common here in Italy as far as I can see. Seems that the more idiot you act, the smarter you are, of course this works if you have money and power. I have a guess on who set the bad example here, but still. I dunno.

I think it's more common than we know that people with great powers and insane ego do stupid things, just believing they will never fail. The fact he left the boat so quickly proves he knew how bad his mistake was.

He made another similar thing in december, same boat, it seems he went out with bad weather despite he's been told not to, but all went well then. Not this time.

Anyway, you can be damn sure it's not only his fault. He'll become a target now, and he's responsible indeed, but I'm SURE there are others who saw him doing things he shouldn't do and didn't report. And I'm SURE he's not an isolated case. Sad to say, that's my country, too. :roll:

The captain says he didn't do anything yet he failed to listen to the coast guard when they told him NOT to get so close to the rocks yet it already happened and then he got off the ship before the others and they told him to get back on the ship and he didnt. obviously shows that he's not a good listener.

Exclusives updates news

Cruise captain given house arrest
BBC News - Concordia disaster: House arrest for Captain Schettino

Get back on the ship... That is an order! Coastguard's furious call to 'Captain Coward' as cruise passengers drowned
Costa Concordia captain Francesco Schettino was ordered to 'get back on cruise ship' by coastguard | Mail Online

Costa Concordia: coast guard to captain: 'Get back on board the ship!'
Costa Concordia: coast guard to captain: 'Get back on board the ship!' - Telegraph

Ship's Captain To Be Put Under House Arrest
Costa Concordia: Cruise Ship Captain Francesco Schettino Was Ordered To Return To Sinking Ship | World News | Sky News

Attachments

• 16151256.jpg
    16151256.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 16151260.jpg
    16151260.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
  • 16151263.jpg
    16151263.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1
Now, that cowardly captain claims that he slipped and fell into the life boat!

Now, that cowardly captain claims that he slipped and fell into the life boat!

WTF! If that did happen he would of had some bruises on his face and body!
I did not see a mark on the jerk face when he was showed on TV!

I don't understand Italian but the emotional anger and firmness is clear in the coast guardsman's voice as he orders the ship's captain to carry out his duties. Wow!

The captain of the port (the coast guardsman) has authority over ships' captains that are in his harbor or port.

I heard the coast guardsman's voice and he spoke English and he was RIPPED
SHIT at the ship captain! He demanded him to get back on ship and let the coast guardsman know how many people where on ship and what kind of help they needed and how many people where dead. He was yelling and swearing at ship captain! The ship captain could get 17 years in jail! The ship is also leaking fuel in the ocean and this going to be another tragic for the wildlife. :(

Back