Crazy Weather in Arkansas!! Grrr

chris' mom

Reaction score
Issued at: 9:49 PM CST 1/24/09, expires at: 6:00 AM CST 1/25/09

Winter storm watch remains in effect from Monday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon,
A winter storm watch remains in effect from Monday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon for the following counties,
In Arkansas, benton, carroll, Washington, madison.
In Oklahoma, osage, Washington, nowata, craig, ottawa, pawnee, tulsa, rogers, mayes, Delaware, creek, okfuskee, okmulgee, wagoner, cherokee, adair, muskogee, mcintosh.
A winter storm watch means heavy snow or a significant accumulation of ice or sleet is expected in the watch area.
Residents in the watch area should prepare winter storm conditions. Make sure your car is winterized and in good working order. Also make sure you have an adequate supply of food, water and the necessary medication to last through the duration of the winter storm.
Significant ice accumulation on trees and power lines may occur, which could cause power outages. Do not go near downed lines, assume they are live and report any down lines or power outages to your electric company.
Stay tuned to noaa weather radio, commercial radio or television for the latest information concerning this developing winter weather event. Additional weather information can also be found at: National Weather Service Forecast Office - Tulsa, Oklahoma.

It has been a cold winter and bad all over the country.

In Iowa we are having colder temperatures than in the past ten years.

I usually love winter, but I am ready for spring this year.

Yesterday we were 69 degrees tonight 25. We normally have changes in our weather but not like this. This is crazy! I don't like ice I would take the snow anytime. Geez I wonder why every one is sick

SPRING SPRING SPRING SPRING SPRING!!!!!!!!! I suspect we'll have early spring because I saw ground hog few days ago! But wait and see if spring arrive early or not. :hmm: I'll say it over and over! I passion HATES winter! BRRRRRRRR!

Just be safe and well prepared. Ice Storms are not something you want to play around with. I hear they can wreck havoc.

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

yep its crazy in my hometown!!

because we had low and high temperatures whether i dont like that

I just watched the weather. The ice is suppose to start tomorrow (Monday) at 3pm and last through Wednesday. We are suppose to get from 1/2 to 1 inch. I'm not familiar with ice. Is that enough to mess up our power. If so I need to figure out how to get more wood. I hate Ice I would rather have snow. I think I will be picking kids up early from school.

Man, down here in texas, it will be almost 80 degrees one day, and then a few days later in the 20s. I ride my bike to work, so I have to check the weather every night to see if I should wear 2 jackets, gloves, and a hat, or just pair of jeans and a light jacket that day.

Though I'm VERY thankful it doesn't ice down here often. I hate cold weather. I wish I could hibernate through winter.

32 and having flurries here. We got a dusting of snow on the ground here.

Back