Covering of hearing aids with your hair

Cool thank you for explaining..

Charlotte,

How do you go about pinning your processor to your shoulder? I can't see the video Cloggy posted, so I have no idea.

I use saftey pin about the size of little finger and rubber bands on processor. but i think pouches would be ideal for you since it's velcro opening and easy to slip in and out, But i am wondering about pinning the pouch onto your clothes... Let me go on to drawing board and think about it for you. Perhaps your Audi would think of something too...

Can you use clips?

I use saftey pin about the size of little finger and rubber bands on processor. but i think pouches would be ideal for you since it's velcro opening and easy to slip in and out, But i am wondering about pinning the pouch onto your clothes... Let me go on to drawing board and think about it for you. Perhaps your Audi would think of something too...

Can you use clips?

Clips would be too difficult due to my CTS. Safety pins could work, but again, this would depend on how much effort I have to put into opening and closing them. My hands are very weak, so I need to find something that is easy to use. I'll also ask my audi if she has any ideas as well as my physical therapist. :ty:

Clips would be too difficult due to my CTS. Safety pins could work, but again, this would depend on how much effort I have to put into opening and closing them. My hands are very weak, so I need to find something that is easy to use. I'll also ask my audi if she has any ideas as well as my physical therapist. :ty:

Thats excatly my thoughts... will think of ideas for you...
:D

When I was a child, my hair was always pulled back into ponytail because Mom was always worried about my CI being broken or falling off so she has it pulled back so she can "watch" my CI whenever I'm in her sight.

But Then when I started my early teen years, I started letting my hair down a bit... slowly. Most of the time I had it either pulled up into pony tail or in pig tails braid to keep my hair out of my face.

But then when I started High School and through of my High School Years, I always had my hair down, my hair was shoulder length and natural curly. I hate the curls so I would get up early in the morning to straighten my hair, then curl it up at the ends to make it a flip hair style. To describe it, you would have straight hair right? well at the ends, it would be curled up. I looked best in that and that's what I had during my High school years.

But then in my Adult years, I grew my hair longer and now it's past my shoulder length. Everyone has been telling me that they've been amazed that I have long hair because I never really had long hair, not even as a child and they think I look good in it. about 95% of the time I keep my hair down, to hide my CI, not intentionally but I like the fact that I can hide my CI when years ago when I was a child, you can totally see the wires and the box of my CI.

So nowa days, I keep my hair down, or up in a bun, or in low ponytail. Really, it depends how I feel and what I'm gonna do. At home I just keep my hair up but when I go out, I keep my hair down.

When I was a kid, i did both. i wore my hair up in a ponytail, pigtails, and down. Just whatever I was in the mood for that day! When I got to be a teenager though, I became way more self conscious and wore my hair down like 95% of the time. I did this throughout middle school and high school. When I got to college however, I stopped caring what other people thought! And wore my hair up if i felt like it. And now at 29 yrs old I still do so :)

When I was in my preteens and early teens, I would hide them. Was very ashamed of my deafness.

I wear my hair in any way I want. If they saw my hearing aids, that's good so they would be aware of the fact that I am deaf.

I got my HAs in adulthood. I wear my hair up a lot because it's easier. I wish that more people noticed my BTE hearing aids so that I wouldn't have to tell everyone I meet that I'm HOH. You know, the people who talk with their back to you, mumblers, fast talkers, heavy accented people, etc.

Whenever anyone asks what my HA tubes are, I have the sudden urge to act like I'm Secret Service or something more interesting. :giggle:

It's weird, 'cause glasses have a very strong impact on the face and apparently nobody is ashame of that. At the contrary glasses have become a fancy accessory.
HA/CI just stay on the ear, they can be hardly visible from certain point of view (though CI especially can be definitely bulky) and usually they are much nicer than some terrible bluetooh device a lot of people use and seem so proud of...
I am hearing and probably too rational, but I really do not understand why anyone should feel ashamed.

I wear my hair down most of the time, but that's because I like the way it looks better. I don't like my skin that much so I prefer to focus on my hair. Also, it keeps my ears warm! I'm prone to ear-ache if my ears get cold (does anyone else get this? I've only had one ear infection in my life though) too.

When I'm doing something physically exhausting, eg spring cleaning/outside in the wind, I'll tie my hair back, just like anyone does. I do wonder sometimes if I should tie my hair back for all job interviews and things like that so people will notice..

My hearing aids are a lovely brown (it's nice, it looks like chocolate!), but I'm a redhead with natural grey-blonde bits underneath, so it doesn't exactly blend in. My old analogue aids were flesh-coloured ITEs and more obvious than what I have now, I think. I prefer these BTEs as they leave most of my outer ear uncovered; I don't get that horrible 'plugged-up' feeling as intensely.

Speaking of pouches brings back lots of memories, as a kid I wore ITEs with a 'radio aid'. I HATED wearing the 'bum bag' as we call them, it made me look chunky, and irritated me. I tried to get away with just my hearing aids as much as I could, then no aids...when I used the radio aids I could only hear the teacher and not the people around me, so I preferred the HAs on their own (and no tangly cord!).

I never cared if people saw my BTEs, and I had bright colored earmolds too! I tried to make the HAs fun for me (earring/nail stickers on the HA, colored molds).

Now, My hair is short and cover my CI. I notice my black BTE is hard to see through my hair because I has dark brown. Sometime I wear pink BTE to show off. People said it's cool color! I didn't like the beige one. It's boring!

Hello all.
I had a difficult start to wearing hearing aids. I was born with high freq hearing loss, but could manage without hearing aids until I was 13 and I have always had severe ear infections and plague in my eardrums since birth. I went to an ENT and was told that I had to get hearing aids after a hearing test that i was given. I was in 7th grade at the time and had to go back to school that day and tell my sister while trying not to cry, that I had to get hearing aids. I though that only old ppl get those at the time. Anyway I had long hair back then and when I got my hearing aids, I tied my hair up so that I wouldnt hear my hair rustling against the mic on the HAs. Anyway when i went to school the first time with my hearing aids, students would shout in my hearing aids and say mean things to me and pretend to sign to me. I had a very negative experience. I had plain medical color HAs and hated it. I now have long hair again and have the Phonak Naida V UPs which are translucent purple with clear /sparkly blue earmolds. I am proud of my hearing aids now, 13 years later and like the fact the ppl can see them and know that im hearing impaired. I have an 88db-110+ audiogram and am thankful to have hearing aids that help me so much. My twin sister has the same hearing aids but with worse hearing than me and she has purple ones too with clear earmolds cuz of allergies. Anyway I tried leaving my hair down for a little while with my new aids but could hear my hair too much and my aids feedback easily without the feedback program on due to music issues. Anyway interesting topic.

My hair covers my AH's up. Not really because i want to hide them. More because I can't afford a hair cut right now. Sometimes I like the fact that people can't tell that I'm HoH because it doesn't factor in to how people communicate with me. I'm not shy about it though, when I tell people they are usually shocked to learn i have HA's.

My 8 y/o daughter wears both HA and CI and she prefers to have her long hair cover them when she goes to her school (mainstream). Sometimes she wears her hair up too, which makes them more visible, so really I think it depends on her mood.

Back