court throws prop 8 out

Status
Not open for further replies.

netrox

Reaction score
That is absolutely fantastic as the judge, nominated by Bush, declared the prop 8 unconstitutional!

Judge rules California's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional - CNN.com

I agree with his statement:

"That the majority of California voters supported Proposition 8 is irrelevant, as "fundamental rights may not be submitted to [a] vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections."

Right on! If we let voters dictate, we would never have interracial marriage. We have no right to vote on someone's relationship, period.

I heard about that earlier today.

Good news. Repost this in the GLBT Lounge.

That's great news, however appeals court will going hear this case before way to supreme court.

I only hope that the SCOTUS will reaffirm the ruling.

Shocking News!!!!! Openly gay Judge rules against gay marriage ban.... :lol:

Good luck with the SC

Shocking News!!!!! Openly gay Judge rules against gay marriage ban.... :lol:

Good luck with the SC

SC ruling is just big surprise like christmas gift.

California should have gay marriage in the first place. Iowa already have gay marriage law.

:dunno: the people said no.

Well, it doesn't make any sense at all. There are a ton of rednecks here and farmers as well as many old fashioned people who don't believe in gay marriage, it still passed in Iowa. That's what I don't understand at all. California has a huge population of gay people...so why didn't people understand that in the first place or is it too many international people said no?

Well, it doesn't make any sense at all. There are a ton of rednecks here and farmers as well as many old fashioned people who don't believe in gay marriage, it still passed in Iowa. That's what I don't understand at all. California has a huge population of gay people...so why didn't people understand that in the first place or is it too many international people said no?

Did Iowa vote? Or did the State Leg pass it?

I really have no idea....I wish I knew. The state leg probably did. I don't know why different states have different ways of passing laws...why can't all states do the same thing?

Maybe......maybe not

Not what I was talking about.

I believe that would be enough judges to side with same sex marriage if Kennedy side with it to make as 5-4 and of course, he's swing judge.

I really have no idea....I wish I knew. The state leg probably did. I don't know why different states have different ways of passing laws...why can't all states do the same thing?

Iowa Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage in Iowa.

Iowa Supreme Court legalizes gay marriage in Iowa.

Maybe the Judge in Iowa threw out the prop that the citizens voted which ruled unconstitutional and went to surpreme court to approve it?

Maybe the Judge in Iowa threw out the prop that the citizens voted which ruled unconstitutional and went to state surpreme court to approve it?

Probably, I added state to supreme court, it means Iowa Supreme Court, not federal Supreme Court.

I do want gay marriage to be legal in all states to prevent any conflict with state recognition of gay marriage from other states and divorce process. If you don't agree with gay marriage so don't go for it and don't bother them.

It could be done by ruling at federal supreme court but will going be years to have a landmark ruling.

This is bad news for America. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back