Counseling..

What type of counseling you went to? And did it help? (You can more than one choice)

• Personal

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Married/Relationship

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Financial

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Career

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, it helped

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No, it didn't help

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
D

Deaf258

Have you gone to counseling?? Which kind? Did it help? You do not need to say what problems you have, but explain if these counseling actually work for you or not.

Good Thread Deaf258!...

I've never had counseling in my life...but I was told by my divorce lawyer that I should seek counseling for the ' abuse ' and etc....that was going on for the last 15 years...but, I don't think I would need it when I got Roadrunner!..Hes been helping me thru the fears, the nightmares and given me lots of encouragements, hopes and LOVE by his compassion for understanding what I have gone through.... :mrgreen:

Hello Don't mind me Butting in.. Heh!

I never been to counseling in my life Either....But, I am sure it does Help People that Needed it.. That has a lot of Stress and Hurting In their Life. I learned to work things out on my own with my Emotions.. I Have Much Great Friends with Support too. :ily:

yea i had counseling last year cuz of i had good reasons all in my life.. i had bad life.. but right now i am allright but still think past.. i know it not good for me think of past but cant help it... sowwy...

TweetyBird said:
yea i had counseling last year cuz of i had good reasons all in my life.. i had bad life.. but right now i am allright but still think past.. i know it not good for me think of past but cant help it... sowwy...

Yes, I understand how u feel the past never goes away it will always be there...But, Remember Hon, U have Great and Caring Friends who would be there for you and Listen and Support you. :kiss:

No, I never see one before.

For some people, the scar is always still there and sometimes flashback, too.
It's sad really.

Wonderful thread, Deaf258...I've been in counselling a few times. The first few lots was while growing up. I was growing up a very angry girl who absolutely HATED being deaf and hated the world, etc.
The most recent and last one was for marriage counselling when I attempted suicide last year over the troubles that were happening in the relationship with my husband. Thankfully, things have improved since then and hubby and I are slowly mending the bridges and improving our relationship these days. :)

Good thread :thumb:
Went to a few kinds of counselors including:
Personal/Career/Financial
Career Counseling was most helpful
Personal counseling were least helpful

Wow!! Still.. No one got financial counseling!! I wondered if that would have made a difference if I went for financial counseling.. If there was an opportunity to take financial counseling, would you take it?

No one got financial counseling ?? i already got one
myself not sure if it was an oversight/overlooked
as mentioned above... This could be helpful
making a difference, but this depend
on an individual's motivation level.

ive had counseling too years ago in HS and no it doesnt work -- i just simply DO NOT TRUST the counselors period!

Cheri said:
Yes, I understand how u feel the past never goes away it will always be there...But, Remember Hon, U have Great and Caring Friends who would be there for you and Listen and Support you. :kiss:
awww thanks!!!! :cuddle: yea i trying my best... :)

Fly Free said:
ive had counseling too years ago in HS and no it doesnt work -- i just simply DO NOT TRUST the counselors period!

:werd: I feel same thing. NOt able to venting out to professional
Notice myself i can chest out to real friends.
between professinal and personal, i feel big different.

Back