Cost of Living

vphreak

Reaction score
Inflation is the worst problem in our country. In the future, we will probally have no job, we couldn't afford to live under roof. Alot of people are renting apt than buying house. If we want a stable life, we ll try to buy a house and settle down. and save our money for our retirement. In everyway, in the future, it will be so impossible. I think this world will be overpopluated, out of foods. how can we live in this slum. that sucks. In hundred year or less, most of us will be on the street. Think about it, government will never make SSI payment to deaf people forever. it will end someday. You all go to work. no matter what. Even old people go to work. We somehow, gonna to change our country. change our government. CHANGE THAT!. . PEOPLE!! UNITED!!! STAND UP. . FIGHT FOR NEW CHANGES in our country. Make it a better place to live.

I don't need SSI, I work and support myself. Thank to my parents taugh me how to not use goverment money. Don't be whine yourself as deaf as useless. There are plenty jobs, they need you to do the job.

Why get SSI? There's no need for it, WE DEAF PEOPLE can WORK!
don't need to be a lazy couch person. In fact more people are buying houses than renting apts. because of low mortgage interest rates. I just brought a new house last year just cuz of low mortage interest rates. I am happy living in house than apt. APT money gone bye bye, house money is an investiment for furtrue.

But SSI/SSDI sometime help little bits since the employment hiring are freezin' all over the places....i mean all over the US states. Why not live with your parent's house till you settle down with something first then blah blah blah. So, don't always rely on SSI/SSDI too much unless you are a college student.

I don't consider deafness as "handicapped" or whatever...

you just can't HEAR, so what's the point of calling you handicapped when you can do many other things than the ability to hear?

Of course, deaf ppl can WORK, and can even FIGHT too...

If you live in mega city, the job's rate pay are hardly affordable. Usually, bad area are cheaper to live.

If you live in small city, it's ultra cheaper, but you couldn't find apartment that much and the job's rate are pretty lower.

If you live in medium city, no problem by get job and/or find your own home or apartment, it's pretty affordable.

Just my theory thru my experience...

WTF?

I am 22 years old and I own the house. Its all about work, and money wise.

Yeah WHAT!??!

I moved from HIGH COST AND CROWDED area to medium size and affordable area.. Just check out my slammin' house!

P8140209.sized.jpg

This is what you get from HARD work, RISKS, and a GOOD track record.. Else you will be stuck elsewhere.

Notice the nice 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 4 door truck also in the driveway. I also have a 2001 Eddie Bauer Expedition. And guess what? I'm fully deaf!

Hard work, Education, The right track and attitude and the phrase "You Build it, They Will Come" will come true!

Brenden

To remind you, you are living in the state of California.

The state itself has one of the highest unemployment rates in USA. So it's pretty obvious why there's a lot of problems right now in California.

There ARE reasons for people to use SSI. People like me, I have hard time being around people because of how my nervous system does to me. I am trying to get them because I have my reasons and there are no need to say such things what u guys had said. Saying Deaf can do it and everything. I do agree people can work... GENERAL races, handicapps and whole bunch. Everyone can work unless with their reasons. No lazy bums, of course. Only people like me for example cannot work because of whatever it is. There are NO need to say things like u had said in here. (I am not pointing who. U know who u are)

Well, we dont have SSI payments in Australia, but we do have something similiar and I believe that there are some other deaf people really do need the money as they really have trouble finding a job. However, there are some lazy ones out there, but if the cost of living increases, it will become difficult for everyone to manage their own lives. The reason the government is willing to offer money is because they are encouraging young people to go ut and become independent and start earning money of their own, while supporting them. I pray the cost of living does not increase any further, and if it does, payments should be increased too to rectify this situation.

Ziusudra

Originally posted by illustrator
If you live in mega city, the job's rate pay are hardly affordable. Usually, bad area are cheaper to live.

If you live in small city, it's ultra cheaper, but you couldn't find apartment that much and the job's rate are pretty lower.

If you live in medium city, no problem by get job and/or find your own home or apartment, it's pretty affordable.

Just my theory thru my experience...

In fact, I live in a small town around 10,000 people. the next medium city is St. Cloud which is 1 hour drive from here.

I am 23 years old have 14 month old son, single father, I work, I go to school, I own a house. Yeah small town is cheap place to live, but the pay is awsome. for 30 years the payment won't increase unless the house insurance or property tax increase.
this town is hiring many people, they still need hiring since. because this town have too many business around here and few people live here. weird thing is that they are still buliding new business but not homes.

Originally posted by Ziusudra
Well, we dont have SSI payments in Australia, but we do have something similiar and I believe that there are some other deaf people really do need the money as they really have trouble finding a job. However, there are some lazy ones out there, but if the cost of living increases, it will become difficult for everyone to manage their own lives. The reason the government is willing to offer money is because they are encouraging young people to go ut and become independent and start earning money of their own, while supporting them. I pray the cost of living does not increase any further, and if it does, payments should be increased too to rectify this situation.

Ziusudra

I think it was called Concession for those still in school or something...and for disabled as well. My step kids' mum collects disability pension as she "can't" work due to an unknown disability. **Yeah, right** she's a right big fraud. She has her own business under her new hubby's name and still collects her pension, grrr.

I did have SSI in between jobs and during the years I was in college in USA. But the SSA system sucks big time because they'd claim that I was overpaid, blah blah blah...but I proved them wrong by showing them wage reciepts and being in college, etc.

I can't get any pension here cos I'm working and not yet an Australian Citizen. Not that I'm complaining, heh. :)

Goldie

Last edited:
Originally posted by Banjo
To remind you, you are living in the state of California.

The state itself has one of the highest unemployment rates in USA. So it's pretty obvious why there's a lot of problems right now in California.

That's just a excuse. I have few friends who livin' in california on their own, they have no problem with living cost there.

Usa is full of whining lazy asses.

Originally posted by Justin Sane
That's just a excuse. I have few friends who livin' in california on their own, they have no problem with living cost there.

Usa is full of whining lazy asses.

So you're whining about USA being full of those lazy asses?

:p

Yes, with proper moviations...anything is possible. :D

I'm living with my parents :)

Har Har. No point of getting an apartment or a house. One year lease minimum. Back to college in 6 months. What's the point?

Back