Copyright infringement?

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a blogger, and I am worried about copyright or trademark that belong to a company. Let me give you a example...Google logo.
I have created a blog relating to google and I am not sure weather if it's a good idea to have any images on my blogs that are copyrighted on the internet. Hell I will be sued at. So I added a source to redirect it to Google Inc using via HTML when you click the image and added quote below the image "Logo copyrighted and trademarked by _________" Can I do this or not?
I am not sure if I am doing the right thing. I do take copyright infringement seriously.

Yeah I have read this before I post it here. I am not just talking about Google, but any images that are on the internet.
Still did not get the information I need. :(

BURY
diggin_smilie.gif

You're doing fine. You can use the image or photo for non profit use as long as you say the owner and link back to the owner or whatever. Just don't alter the photo or image in any way. If you want to post the image or photo, just ask permission.

Read more info on Derivative Works, Non-commercial and Attribution if you really want to read copyright laws. You can buy Black's Law Dictionary in order to read the law if you want.

You could try one of those link: Creative Commons

Topic off- If a client asks me to paint Disney character, I have to say no, and will definitely tell my client to not ask any artist to paint any Disney character, or otherwise, my client will be sued by the Walt Disney Co. You see, I was reading the law professor's article and I quote- "The Walt Disney Company is extremely aggressive- even to the point of pursuing claims against three day-care centers for using depictions of Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters in murals inside the centers."

Andy Warhol even was in trouble for using famous images and people. Yeah, the cases were brought against him for some of his unauthorized uses.

I have contracts to tell me I am not allowed to post my artworks online for everyone to view it.

Saludos!

You're doing fine. You can use the image or photo for non profit use as long as you say the owner and link back to the owner or whatever. Just don't alter the photo or image in any way. If you want to post the image or photo, just ask permission.

Read more info on Derivative Works, Non-commercial and Attribution if you really want to read copyright laws. You can buy Black's Law Dictionary in order to read the law if you want.

You could try one of those link: Creative Commons

Topic off- If a client asks me to paint Disney character, I have to say no, and will definitely tell my client to not ask any artist to paint any Disney character, or otherwise, my client will be sued by the Walt Disney Co. You see, I was reading the law professor's article and I quote- "The Walt Disney Company is extremely aggressive- even to the point of pursuing claims against three day-care centers for using depictions of Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters in murals inside the centers."

Andy Warhol even was in trouble for using famous images and people. Yeah, the cases were brought against him for some of his unauthorized uses.

I have contracts to tell me I am not allowed to post my artworks online for everyone to view it.

Saludos!

:ty: for the help and advice.

if your useing the logo to talk about a site then your fine just don't hot link, you can also just email and ask for images that you can use in a blog post, most will just give them to you as all preess seems to be good press

Back