Copenhagen climate summit - when hypocrites come

kokonut

Reaction score

1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

On a normal day, Majken Friss Jorgensen, managing director of Copenhagen’s biggest limousine company, says her firm has twelve vehicles on the road. During the “summit to save the world”, which opens here tomorrow, she will have 200.

“We thought they were not going to have many cars, due to it being a climate convention,” she says. “But it seems that somebody last week looked at the weather report.”

Ms Jorgensen reckons that between her and her rivals the total number of limos in Copenhagen next week has already broken the 1,200 barrier. The French alone rang up on Thursday and ordered another 42. “We haven’t got enough limos in the country to fulfil the demand,” she says. “We’re having to drive them in hundreds of miles from Germany and Sweden.”

And the total number of electric cars or hybrids among that number? “Five,” says Ms Jorgensen. “The government has some alternative fuel cars but the rest will be petrol or diesel. We don’t have any hybrids in Denmark, unfortunately, due to the extreme taxes on those cars. It makes no sense at all, but it’s very Danish.”…
Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges - Telegraph

Copenhagen Carbon Footprint: 40,500 Tons
Copenhagen Carbon Footprint: 40,500 Tons - CBS News

And yet, still rich countries continue to screw the much more poorer countries. The Copenhagen climate talk summit is imploding/collapsing.

Later, faced with complaints from developing nations about such changes, the Danish leaders of the talks crafted what they hoped would be a compromise text. Even before that was circulated, however, the unhappy nations — the Group of 77 and China — met separately to decide on a position.

"They are unhappy about these texts being handed to them from above," an African delegate said outside the meeting, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to the media.

The latest dispute highlighted the undercurrent of distrust developing nations have for the richer countries in the long-running climate talks.
Climate talks deadlocked as clashes erupt outside - Yahoo! News

This is actually funny. Global warming screamers, hypocrites and sun deniers at Copenhagen climate summit saw a blizzard that dumped 4 inches of snow last night in the city not seen in years.

Denmark has a maritime climate and milder winters than its Scandinavian neighbors. It hasn’t had a white Christmas for 14 years, under the DMI’s definition, and only had seven last century. Temperatures today fell as low as minus 4 Celsius (25 Fahrenheit).

Blizzard Dumps Snow on Copenhagen as Leaders Battle Warming - Bloomberg.com

The "Gore Effect" continues....

Below is a partial list of various events over the last five years in which the Gore Effect was in full force:

January 15, 2004 – A global warming rally held in New York is subdued by one of the coldest days in New York City history. Gore tells the audience it was caused by global warming.

November, 2006 – Al Gore visits Australia two weeks before the start of summer. Ski resort operators are caught off guard by the snowfall.

February, 2007 – A hearing in the House of Representatives on global warming is cancelled after a snow and ice storm strike DC.

April, 2007 – Two feet of snow arrive on Itaca, NY in time for an Earth Day rally.

April, 2007 – A rally in Reno, Nevada held by the Northern Nevada Coalition for Climate Change is cut short by heavy rain and sleet.

March, 2007 – A media briefing on the Senate’s climate bill is cancelled due to a snowstorm.

December 5, 2007 – Washington DC receives its first snow of the season as the Senate’s Environment and Public Works Committee debates global warming legislation.

January, 2008 – A global warming rally in Baltimore, Maryland is held amidst falling snow.

October 22, 2008 – Al Gore appears at Harvard amidst temperatures that approached 125 year old low temperature records.

October 28, 2008 – The House of Commons debates a climate change bill as London gets its first October snow since 1922.

October 28, 2008 – John McCain and Barack Obama campaign in Pennsylvania. A wet, wintry mix causes McCain to cancel a rally while Obama goes forward. He teases people holding ‘stop global warming’ signs saying, "This is probably not the weather to hold up those signs. I'm not into global warming either but it's a little chilly today."

November, 2008 – The “People’s Power for the Climate” protest in Newcastle, Australia is canceled after one day due to rain and cold. Participants had been told to bring sunscreen and hats.

December, 2008 – The former vice president speaks to an audience in Milan, Italy about global warming. Outside it is snowing, a rare event in the area. Snow and freezing rain also strike Rome, Naples, Palermo and Sicily.

January 17, 2009 – President-elect Obama on his train tour to the capital stops in Philadelphia. He tells those gathered, “A planet that is warming from our unsustainable dependence on oil." Temperatures were 18 degrees with a wind chill below 10 degrees.

January 28, 2009 – Al Gore is set to testify to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee about global warming. A winter storm arrives at the nation’s capital.

February 5, 2009 – Temperatures down to -6 degrees freeze a major global warming conference in Buffalo.

March 2, 2009 – A major global warming rally billed as “the nation’s largest act of civil disobedience” sees low turnout after a blizzard blanketed the nation’s capital with snow. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi cancels an appearance at the event after her flight was delayed due to the storm.

July, 2009 – Leading up to a visit from Al Gore to launch Safe Climate Australia, Melbourne suffers through temperatures approaching zero degrees.

October 9, 2009 – Al Gore is in Madison, Wisconsin for a convention of the Society of Environmental Journalists. Record cold temperatures arrive with him.
The Gore Effect strikes as the UN climate summit begins

And Gore was in Copenhagen just yesterday before leaving after a few days there. LOL. I think Mother Nature is and has been trying to give Gore lots of hints on who is in control here.

This is actually funny. Global warming screamers, hypocrites and sun deniers at Copenhagen climate summit saw a blizzard that dumped 4 inches of snow last night in the city not seen in years.

Blizzard Dumps Snow on Copenhagen as Leaders Battle Warming - Bloomberg.com

The "Gore Effect" continues....

The Gore Effect strikes as the UN climate summit begins

And Gore was in Copenhagen just yesterday before leaving after a few days there. LOL. I think Mother Nature is and has been trying to give Gore lots of hints on who is in control here.

Next week will be blizzard in your area and next 2 week, there will be Hurricane Kokonut to make path to Oregon, that where your home is in so have fun with climate change.

We do get low pressure storms that do form in the Pacific Ocean that often have hurricane strength (or higher) winds but hurricanes do not and cannot form in the northern parts of the Pacific Ocean, the water is too cold.

Though one gotta laugh at the irony here in Copenhagen amid the frothing of the mouths global warming screamers to find themselves completely befuddled by a blizzard when we should be roasting to death already. Nice touch by Mother Nature, and she was just being gentle this time.

We do get low pressure storms that do form in the Pacific Ocean that often have hurricane strength (or higher) winds but hurricanes do not and cannot form in the northern parts of the Pacific Ocean, the water is too cold.

Though one gotta laugh at the irony here in Copenhagen amid the frothing of the mouths global warming screamers to find themselves completely befuddled by a blizzard when we should be roasting to death already. Nice touch by Mother Nature, and she was just being gentle this time.

O rly?

I had heard that Portland got too many tornadoes because of you, j/k.

You should aware that blizzard is coming and try to ruin your christmas, only god knows.

I agree with you there kokonut.

It is exactly like Gore and his "The Inconvenient Truth" yet he omits too many convenient facts such as having such a huge home requiring energy to heat it up or his daughter having a lavish wedding - using up unnecessary sources of energy and mass materials.

They could have easily made this into an historic first by doing video conferencing instead. Yet, they flew in on their private jets and rode in limos. Image is everything...they failed.

Well, I had been believe in Al Gore's situation about global warming in few years ago but not anymore and still in question about Al Gore's views.

I'm more on side with Jiro about global warming.

For Copenhagen, I could careless, long as it don't harm us and really not bother to attention.

There's already proved about ice has been melting, Google is your friend and it has alot of information.

Go here and you can see a graph of the North pole ice expansion and contraction in square miles since 2002. Since 2007 the sea ice extent continues on track to the 2002 level. Less ice were lost during the summer and early fall in 2008 and 2009 when 2007 was at a record loss of ice. But that course has reversed since 2007.

IJIS Web Site

Also, the South Pole (Antarctic) in the southern hemisphere continues to *gain* ice over the last 30 years.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/current.anom.south.jpg

Go here and you can see a graph of the North pole ice expansion and contraction in square miles since 2002. Since 2007 the sea ice extent continues on track to the 2002 level. Less ice were lost during the summer and early fall in 2008 and 2009 when 2007 was at a record loss of ice. But that course has reversed since 2007.

IJIS Web Site

Also, the South Pole (Antarctic) in the southern hemisphere continues to *gain* ice over the last 30 years.

http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere/IMAGES/current.anom.south.jpg

Your post doesn't provide a source about ice melting, there's many source that ice has been melting so quickly.
Revealed: the secret evidence of global warming Bush tried to hide | Environment | The Observer
Global Fiducials Library

I had posted in other thread but you don't bother to listen and accept your nonsense on own.

Your post doesn't provide a source about ice melting, there's many source that ice has been melting so quickly.
Revealed: the secret evidence of global warming Bush tried to hide | Environment | The Observer
Global Fiducials Library

I had posted in other thread but you don't bother to listen and accept your nonsense on own.

It shows the sea ice extent (arctic) on how much ice is gained and lost each year through the number of square miles. So, yes, I provided a source link. The North Pole gained more ice in 2008 and 2009 than 2007.

It shows the sea ice extent (arctic) on how much ice is gained and lost each year through the number of square miles. So, yes, I provided a source link. The North Pole gained more ice in 2008 and 2009 than 2007.

I rather to have picture from satellite that dated in 2008 or 2009 to support your claim.

Emission is probably much lower in 2008 and 2009 due bad economy and less oil consumption but China is growing like crazy at time.

Also, if your claim is true so why does Mexico, Japan and European countries has strict emission law?

I rather to have picture from satellite that dated in 2008 or 2009 to support your claim.

Emission is probably much lower in 2008 and 2009 due bad economy and less oil consumption but China is growing like crazy at time.

It *IS* from satellite observations. Read!
IJIS Web Site

Method for calculating sea-ice extent
The sea-ice extent is calculated as the areal sum of sea ice covering the ocean where sea-ice concentration (SIC) exceeds 15%. SIC data of JAXA’s AMSR-E standard products are used for this purpose (http://sharaku.eorc.jaxa.jp/AMSR/products/pdf/alg_des.pdf ). The algorithm for calculating SIC was developed and provided by Dr. Comiso of NASA GSFC through a cooperative relationship between NASA and JAXA

I'm not going debate with you due your nasty attitude, even you insulted my intelligent. :roll:

Now, this thread is worthless.

They could have easily made this into an historic first by doing video conferencing instead. Yet, they flew in on their private jets and rode in limos. Image is everything...they failed.

Well said. This I must agree with you kokonut. Internet is everywhere, secured lines - the government has them. Videoconferencing would leave a stronger impact like you say - a historic first- yet they chose to leave so much carbon footprints.

Alas, image is everything for them and yes, you said it correctly. They failed - miserably. :( *sad face*

Back