• grapeseed oil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • almond oil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HorseRace

Reaction score
i am curious

any of you are cooking .. so what cooking oil do you use??

Most often Canola as it is cheap and easy to get in the grocery.

But sometimes, from the health food store, we might get Safflower or Avocado oils.

I use olive oil and canola oil. Olive oil for cooking foods and canola oil use for baking. Not a good idea to use olive oil for baking it will taste funny as a result.

nice to know! wow! here is a poll! enjoy the vote! i know some of you did!

now i am waiting for more to come! :D

the reason i made this thread because i am doing my own research about cooking oil

You can always use Pam cooking spray as well. It comes in different flavors, like for baking it have flour and olive oil spray.

yea.. spray oil is ok.. it is good for something slick on pan or whatever that would cook..

Yes, for a quick bite to eat it works :) Are you learning to cook?

I use olive oil for most cooking so that is what I picked. But for baking, or anytime I don't want the olive oil flavor, I use canola oil.

Depends what I’m cooking. I have many different kind of oils, practically all of the ones mentionned above. My favourite though is sesame oil and olive oil

Olive oil all the way!

I use PAM for like cake or brownies etc (baking goodies)

Peanut oil (very pricey) for deep frying but we stopped deep frying. Now I cannot stand smell cooking oil due to being pregnant. Oh well! Olive oil don't bother me but rest such as veggie oil or whatever...Bleachhhhh!

I use corn oil for frying and baking and butter for cook the eggs.

I have vote other oil because of no corn oil on poll list.

Olive oil all the way!

I use PAM for like cake or brownies etc (baking goodies)

Peanut oil (very pricey) for deep frying but we stopped deep frying. Now I cannot stand smell cooking oil due to being pregnant. Oh well! Olive oil don't bother me but rest such as veggie oil or whatever...Bleachhhhh!

I like peanut oil too and yup, it's more pricey than other oil but you can get one for cheap at wal mart, it cost about $15 for 1 gal, at least in my area.

I always use EVOO even though it is expensive but
worth it..i use very little of it and it lasts a long time.
I mean i dont use it every day. It is better for your
health and all.

Depends what I’m cooking. I have many different kind of oils, practically all of the ones mentionned above. My favourite though is sesame oil and olive oil

I love sesame oil for stir fries!

I use olive oil for most cooking so that is what I picked. But for baking, or anytime I don't want the olive oil flavor, I use canola oil.

Ditto here.

I do use butter too, on veggies, especailly, onion! :drool:

Back