Contradiction or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed's wife

Reaction score
Salam
How do anyone interpet this one?

Acts 2:22 of the Holy Bible considers Jesus as a man. It says, “Ye men of Israel, hear these words, jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourself also know.” This was not finished was it. The statement continues:
2:23 "This man, delivered up by the set plan and foreknowledge of God, you killed, using lawless men to crucify him."

Is this to be a contradiction or is it true?

Wasalam

:werd:

Even my parents can't explain the contradictions. :roll:

The bible is full of symbolisms and not all of it is literal... The passage indicates Jesus is a man... Is that what you are talking about or is the question if God is a man. :dunno:

How do anyone interpet this one?

Acts 2:22 of the Holy Bible considers Jesus as a man. It says, “Ye men of Israel, hear these words, jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourself also know.” This was not finished was it. The statement continues:
2:23 "This man, delivered up by the set plan and foreknowledge of God, you killed, using lawless men to crucify him."

Is this to be a contradiction or is it true?
There is no contradiction.

While on earth, Jesus was 100 percent man and 100 percent God. Jesus always was, is, and will be God. While He was on earth, He also took on body of flesh that could bleed and feel pain. He did that so He could become the actual sacrifice for our sins.

This concept is difficult for people to understand because it is unique to God alone. Just as the concept of eternity of time, or the infinity of space is beyond the grasp of the human mind to fully understand.

There is no contradiction.

While on earth, Jesus was 100 percent man and 100 percent God. So its 200% ?Jesus always was, is, and will be God. While He was on earth, He also took on body of flesh that could bleed and feel pain. He did that so He could become the actual sacrifice for our sins.

This concept is difficult for people to understand because it is unique to God alone. and you do understand it since u believe it? Just as the concept of eternity of time, or the infinity of space is beyond the grasp of the human mind to fully understand.

Salam
In this part i compared this to the quran to see if it has been changed. It has not.
Acts 2:22 of the Holy Bible considers Jesus as a man. It says, “Ye men of Israel, hear these words, jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs Read the Quran 3:59"The similitude of 'Isa before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him "Be": and he was." and 5:110 Then will Allah say: "O 'Isa the son of Maryam! recount My favour to thee and to thy mother. Behold! I strengthened thee with the holy spirit, so that thou didst speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. Behold! I taught thee the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel. And behold! thou makest out of clay, as it were, the figure of a bird, by My leave, and thou breathest into it, and it becometh a bird by My leave, and thou healest those born blind, and the lepers, by My leave. And behold! thou bringest forth the dead by My leave. And behold! I did restrain the Children of Israel from (violence to) thee when thou didst show them the Clear Signs, and the Unbelievers among them said: `This is nothing but evident magic.' 2:253 "Those Messengers We endowed with gifts, some above others: to one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees (of honour); to 'Isa, the son of Maryam, We gave Clear (Signs), and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after Clear (Signs) had come to them but they (chose) to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah fulfilleth His plan. and 3:84 "We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Ibrahim, Isma'il, Ishaq, Ya'qub, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Musa, 'Isa, and the Prophets, from their Lord: we make no distinction between one and another among them, and to Allah do we bow our will (in Islam)." which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourself also know.” This was not finished was it. The statement continues:
2:23 "This man, delivered up by the set plan and foreknowledge of God, you killed, using lawless men to crucify him. 4:157"That they said (in boast), "We killed Al-Masih 'Isa the son of Maryam, the Messenger of Allah"; but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not."

Wasalam

While on earth, Jesus was 100 percent man and 100 percent God. Jesus always was, is, and will be God. While He was on earth, He also took on body of flesh that could bleed and feel pain. He did that so He could become the actual sacrifice for our sins.

It's only Christians like you that seek to complicate what the New Testament actually said.

Jesus came as the SON OF GOD, not GOD. He prayed to his Father, his GOD. He said he's Jesus, the son of God. Jesus said that anyone who comes through him will see God which clearly shows that God and Jesus are separate. God had DIRECT CONVERSATIONS with Jesus showing that they are separate. God SENT Jesus to earth, not HIMSELF. "And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life."
-1 John 5:11-12

I find nothing about Jesus being God and God being Jesus because NOTHING in the New Testament supports that concept.

In Bool 2, as Peter spoke and been prophesied who Jesus is in Book of Psalm 16:8-11. Yes, its hard to understand the realm of God as 1 John 5, but same John who wrote in Book of John in chapter 1 says, The Word (Jesus) was WITH God and the Word WAS God. Why the word WAS? Bec Jesus became man, Jesus gave up His position, to become human like us. Like in Book of Isaiah and also Matthew called Him " Immanuel" " Emmanuel". Meaning? God with us. Also in Book of Matthew in chapter 28 on great commission, ..." Baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit", that's part of Trinity. The reason Jesus illustrating Himself as Son of Man, Son of God, I AM He and etc. Jesus gave up His glory to humble Himself for us to folow His example, not to boast. Even He said, He came for those who are sick or lost to heal and to save, not to condemn. Jesus lift Father's name and we should thank Him for sending us Jesus "Y'shua", the One who Saves. Again emphasize in Book of Psalm chapter 110, " The Lord (Father) says unto my Lord (Jesus) to sit in MY (Father's) right side", that's part of Trinity and also the throne.

...I find nothing about Jesus being God and God being Jesus because NOTHING in the New Testament supports that concept.
John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

In this part i compared this to the quran to see if it has been changed. It has not.
The Quran was written hundreds of years after the Bible. The entire book of the Quran is a "change" from the Holy Bible. The entire perspective is skewed to the viewpoint of Ishmael's line being the promised lineage instead of Isaac's.

If you don't believe the Holy Bible, that's your right.

If I don't believe the Quaran, that's my right.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Salam
Dont forget the possibility of contradictions.
Wasalam

"Are there contradictions in the Quran?"

ABSOLUTELY NONE!

If you see contradictions, you're not thinking hard enough to resolve those contradictions.

There are no contradictions in Jesus.

Are there contradictions in the Quran?
That's a strange comparison...
When you say "There are no contradictions in Jesus." I would expect "Are there contradictions in Muhammed?"

Or

"There are no contradictions in Bible. Are there contradictions in the Quran?"

Then again, we all know the bible is full of contradictions..... That's what makes it so great to interpret it in your own way....

"Are there contradictions in the Quran?"

ABSOLUTELY NONE!

If you see contradictions, you're not thinking hard enough to resolve those contradictions.

Ha-ha! Brilliantly stated.

That's a strange comparison...
When you say "There are no contradictions in Jesus." I would expect "Are there contradictions in Muhammed?"

Or

"There are no contradictions in Bible. Are there contradictions in the Quran?"

Then again, we all know the bible is full of contradictions..... That's what makes it so great to interpret it in your own way....
Sorry, I should have made that two separate posts. Sometimes I'm in too much hurry.

My first response was directed at the specific passages about Jesus that M's wife was asking about.

I didn't really mean to compare the two statements.

Wow. Quaran has no contradictions and Bible does, as you say? mmm, interesting.

edited: --never mind about the post I wrote before

Anyway, the Lord does want us to have faith in him, he doesn't want us to rely on signs. And the bible is perfect, but most people don't see it (which is a form of "signs").

If you been in a car accident, and you have 3 different witnesses from different angles: one speak spanish, one speak English, and one speak..ASL :) Will the story be same? What they witnessed is true, but how they witness will be different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back