Contradiction or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the bible is full of it. I cannot answer for the Quaran.

If you think the Bible is full of it, then you are also indicating that all other religious books are full of it as well as the Quaran.

Jesus did not say He was not God.

These things don't "make sense" to people whose minds are clouded by false teachings and influences.

AMEN to that! That's what I was going to say as well.

The bible is full of symbolisms and not all of it is literal... The passage indicates Jesus is a man... Is that what you are talking about or is the question if God is a man. :dunno:
If what you say is true, even modern Christians could be translating the Bible wrong. For all we know, another religion could be translating the Bible the correct way and us Christians could be doomed for life. :Ohno:

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

That SAYS NOTHING about Jesus being God. He was merely talking about the idea of him and God being one. Like, a married couple is treated as a one. Get it?

As for the second quote, he was again talking about the spiritual oneness, not the actual physical oneness. Why does this one: "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake." fail to help you comprehend that he wa talking about his father in him AND him in father?

And you know that fathers/sons say that a lot and surely, they are NOT the same. Jesus is NOT God and God is NOT Jesus. They're separate entities but they share the "holy spirit."

God sent his Son, which clearly establish evidence that God treated Jesus separately from him. Jesus prayed to God before the crufixication. Clearly, he was praying to his father.

Simply put, "Jesus is God" is a "doublespeak" among many Christians. Jesus is the Son of God; he was very important. He was sent to this earth to save sinners. God spoke to Jesus several times. Jesus prayed to God, his Father. That is clear that Jesus is NOT God and God is NOT Jesus.

-jeff

That SAYS NOTHING about Jesus being God. He was merely talking about the idea of him and God being one. Like, a married couple is treated as a one. Get it?
No, it's not the same as a married couple.

... he wa talking about his father in him AND him in father?
As they are One and the same.

And you know that fathers/sons say that a lot and surely, they are NOT the same. Jesus is NOT God and God is NOT Jesus. They're separate entities but they share the "holy spirit."
They don't "share" the "holy spirit"; the Holy Spirit is the co-equal third Person of the Trinity.

God sent his Son, which clearly establish evidence that God treated Jesus separately from him. Jesus prayed to God before the crufixication. Clearly, he was praying to his father.
There are other biblical examples of the Persons of the Trinity talking amongst Themselves.

Genesis 1
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness...

Genesis 3
22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us...

Genesis 11
6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do. 7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Simply put, "Jesus is God" is a "doublespeak" among many Christians. Jesus is the Son of God; he was very important. He was sent to this earth to save sinners.
How could Jesus save sinners if He Himself wasn't God? Mere man cannot save sinners. One sinner can't save another sinner.

God spoke to Jesus several times. Jesus prayed to God, his Father. That is clear that Jesus is NOT God and God is NOT Jesus.
I don't follow your reasoning. Just because God the Father and Jesus the Son communed with each other, how does that prove that Jesus was not also God? What would prevent the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit from communing with each other?

Netrox --

John 1:1-5
" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not. "

Did you know that Jesus is THE WORD ? He came down on His Own to become flesh. The Word became flesh. Do you understand what it means that the Word became flesh ?

It obviously that Jesus is really 100% God and 100% man when He became flesh.

Lovely to see all these quotes from the storybook.

It's like quoting from a fairytale-book to proof one is right. (There ARE magic beans!!)
------------------------------------------------------------

Obvious....????

This was decided around 325 AD, (Council of Nicaea) after a very tight vote that this was the case!!

Lovely to see all these quotes from the storybook.

It's like quoting from a fairytale-book to proof one is right. (There ARE magic beans!!)
------------------------------------------------------------

Obvious....????

This was decided around 325 AD, (Council of Nicaea) after a very tight vote that this was the case!!

Hahaha, good one. You go ahead read Cinderella, but I read the reality, which is, The Bible.

They don't "share" the "holy spirit"; the Holy Spirit is the co-equal third Person of the Trinity.

FACT: Trinity wasn't even a concept back then when Jesus preached. If he was alive today, he would find it bizarre. Actually, I am even skeptical of some of the sayings by Jesus, especially the "through me, you are saved." and other similiar quotes. They were likely added much later.

I was watching Primetime on North Korea and it's so amazing how those Koreans are conditioned to worship Kim as their "father" and they see pictures of Kim everywhere. They are extremely proud of their nationality and they hate America with passion. They refuse to look at anything that's pro-America, chanting Kim's songs. Their ability to reason and see things from a different perspective is absent. I find it creepy.

Sadly, I don't see that much difference with Christian fundamentalists - they're pumped with so much Christian idealogy (Trinity, literalism, creationism, etc) that they're not capable of thinking outside the box. They're terrified if they abandon, they will be burned in hell. They are so sure that they will go to heaven which shows their absurd thinking. They refuse to see contradictions. They refuse to see obvious problems with translations in the Bible. They refuse to accept evolution as a fact despite a mountain of evidence favoring evolution as a natural fact. They are taught to criticize evolution yet they have NOTHING to prove with their creationism. They simply don't comprehend the vast complexity of human psyche. They think they have answers which come from myths. They refuse to recognize that if they were born in an Islamic country, they would be hardcore Muslims believing that their way is the right way and nothing can make them think differently.

FACT: Trinity wasn't even a concept back then when Jesus preached. If he was alive today, he would find it bizarre. Actually, I am even skeptical of some of the sayings by Jesus, especially the "through me, you are saved." and other similiar quotes. They were likely added much later.
Sadly, I don't see that much difference with Christian fundamentalists - they're pumped with so much Christian idealogy (Trinity, literalism, creationism, etc) that they're not capable of thinking outside the box. They're terrified if they abandon, they will be burned in hell. They are so sure that they will go to heaven which shows their absurd thinking. They refuse to see contradictions. They refuse to see obvious problems with translations in the Bible. They refuse to accept evolution as a fact despite a mountain of evidence favoring evolution as a natural fact. They are taught to criticize evolution yet they have NOTHING to prove with their creationism. They simply don't comprehend the vast complexity of human psyche. They think they have answers which come from myths. They refuse to recognize that if they were born in an Islamic country, they would be hardcore Muslims believing that their way is the right way and nothing can make them think differently.
QFT

I was watching Primetime on North Korea and it's so amazing how those Koreans are conditioned to worship Kim as their "father" and they see pictures of Kim everywhere. They are extremely proud of their nationality and they hate America with passion. They refuse to look at anything that's pro-America, chanting Kim's songs. Their ability to reason and see things from a different perspective is absent. I find it creepy.

Yeah I saw that as well as CNN's North Korea story

by the way, Netrox, you sure are lagging behind in blogging :) or you have nothing to blog about LOL (oh yeah same as me eh)

Hahaha you go ahead read the Bible, I'll read American History which is the reality!
hahaha, you don't think I studied american history before? Hahaha, u bet I have. I studied the original one in the old days. Not the new one which they have cut and changed it.

Hahaha you go ahead read the Bible, I'll read American History which is the reality!
Depends on who wrote the history book. I'm sure you can't find any two with the exact same "history".

Depends on who wrote the history book. I'm sure you can't find any two with the exact same "history".

And The Bible has the exact same translation?

And The Bible has the exact same translation?
We're not talking translations in reference to American history books. American history books aren't translations of one original source. They are interpretations of events by many authors with a lot of editing (and money) involved. History books for schools are especially big business, and publishers follow whatever political winds are blowing.

No one translates an American history book from 1957 into another language for 2007 publication. They just write a new one.

Netrox --

John 1:1-5
" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not. "

Did you know that Jesus is THE WORD ? He came down on His Own to become flesh. The Word became flesh. Do you understand what it means that the Word became flesh ?

Thank you, CyberRed... this should clear their head of clouds as how God and Jesus can be of a same being. It's like they, naysayers don't think such Almighty God could accomplish like that. He can do that and trillion times beyond capable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back