contact sport, sky diving and cochlear implants?

I can't help but wonder about this post. I would suggest for anyone or any parent that is concerned about what activities can be done with a CI, that you ask your own CI audi or surgeon.

Yea me too... however I did ask my surgeon about skiing and scuba specifically. He said I could ski a month after the surgery and to be sure to wear a helmet. And he told me that the implant has been tested to withstand 99 feet (4atm) but he wanted me to go on the safe side and do 66 feet instead (3atm).

There is one simple solution:

Ask your CI surgeon.

Yea me too... however I did ask my surgeon about skiing and scuba specifically. He said I could ski a month after the surgery and to be sure to wear a helmet. And he told me that the implant has been tested to withstand 99 feet (4atm) but he wanted me to go on the safe side and do 66 feet instead (3atm).

There is one simple solution:

Ask your CI surgeon.

Ditto...

i am a implant surgeon
and i do the most implants in the north east about 1oo a month
and i sometime do 15 a week

Mrt Andrews
ENT surgeon

I can't help but wonder about this post. I would suggest for anyone or any parent that is concerned about what activities can be done with a CI, that you ask your own CI audi or surgeon.

i talk to lots of people a week and stuff

hi it Mr.Andrews

I looked up some safety rules in theatre when i was waiting for a child that having one implant this morning and i looked on a book and i did not know that !?!?!? and it says: "Activity park rides: Rides
which involve high speeds and / or extreme forces may risk dislodging
the internal parts of the cochlear implant and are therefore not
recommended." Sorry about that one. Maybe you could find another ride?
but it is best to ask your implant surgeon

The baby is doing very well! She should be getting her processor in 2
weeks!

Mr.Andrews
ENT surgeon

hi it Mr.Andrews

I looked up some safety rules in theatre when i was waiting for a child that having one implant this morning and i looked on a book and i did not know that !?!?!? and it says: "Activity park rides: Rides
which involve high speeds and / or extreme forces may risk dislodging
the internal parts of the cochlear implant and are therefore not
recommended." Sorry about that one. Maybe you could find another ride?
but it is best to ask your implant surgeon

The baby is doing very well! She should be getting her processor in 2
weeks!

Mr.Andrews
ENT surgeon

:lol: Are you actually someone who we know already?

*whistles*

*pokes the person next to me*

*whispers*

"Hey, is billythepet serious?"

Hi it Mr.Andrews
I AM LEAVEING work becase it been to much going on and i am going to be a
outdoor teacher

hi it Mr.Andrews
i just went back to my job becase my boss said that the new surgeon was not good as me and not do it fast i can do a implant fast as it safe

Mr.Andrews
ENT surgeon again!

hi it Mr.Andrews
feel free to ask me Qs
i been doing a lot implants this week

Mr.Andrews
ENT surgeon

hi it Mr.Andrews
feel free to ask me Qs
i been doing a lot implants this week

Mr.Andrews
ENT surgeon

Give it a rest. No one is buying it. Here's a tip, doctors usually refer to themselves as "Dr." not "Mr."

Surgeon's english is better than yours... u sounds very immature to be a surgeon!!

No one is fool here! Go away MR andrews unless you have some hard proof.

Back