considering getting CI?

Will you consider getting CI?

• Total voters
Hey.. I already have one and I LOVE IT!

ideafspy said:
Speaking about out of curious things. Umm.. you choose the several words "regret" and "wanted to be removed". Plus; I heard the word has repeat itself with other person that saying: God made me who I am. Nothing for me to preacher to you, heh.

If person talks about the God, who the believer, made the human as nature who the person be. It should be accept-able;however, person denied that would lead the wrongful action? Such require to get laser on eyes without glasses. Require to get plastic surgery to made prettier or for health reason due accident cause happen. Require to get glasses to read better or should without glasses and deal with reading the texts. Require to surgery and get heart patch (implant). Eye, the black ring, has recent implant for forcus the visual (which it design from cochlear implant). Implant your teeth to made look nice. Reqire blind color to see full color.

Now the regret about the action could happen. Implant the teeth and not comfortable and want remove? Laser on the eyes and want to back normal? Heart patch felt not comfortable due pumping too fast and want the old heart back? The plastic surgery for skin and one day that your body turn shrink-- want the moist skin back? Person with full color vision with lot confuse colors but want color blind back? The last one, if you believe God and read the bible; however, will require to read the words with glasses who having hard time to read.

So I think that God has purpose for everything with implant and assist living even the education.

Emotion

- it expression out from the loud (hearing). It expression picture out from the head. (deaf)

Ideafspy,

You have good point but not that reason of other health issues alikely eg: eye downszing or heart failure or else wha..ever can have good reason need implant that would be great for save the people lives.. But "ear" isn't reason enough for what all want HEAR HEAR HEAR.. I understand.. Im not here againist anyone CI. Just human beings.. for everyones who want for ci. That would be great for them and willing scariface and learn hear any sounds. I do not want get CI espically rest other major of health yes.. I willing do anything get implant unless must have GOOD REASON.

I'm born "DEAF" that is it.. Just I wanted to be "natural being Deaf" as me.. So I do willing accept who am I.. Of course sometimes I do really want HEAR or anything sounds coming from. Only I can hear HIGH PITCHES and cannot hear low pitch. I like both but accept it..

Let you know.. I'm too scared facing surgery... being hate cut on my own skin. Doesn't want see "SCAR on my skin" feel looking ugly. Don't know why am I saying but scary 4me.

Bullym0m said:
Ideafspy,

You have good point but not that reason of other health issues alikely eg: eye downszing or heart failure or else wha..ever can have good reason need implant that would be great for save the people lives.. But "ear" isn't reason enough for what all want HEAR HEAR HEAR.. I understand.. Im not here againist anyone CI. Just human beings.. for everyones who want for ci. That would be great for them and willing scariface and learn hear any sounds. I do not want get CI espically rest other major of health yes.. I willing do anything get implant unless must have GOOD REASON.

I'm born "DEAF" that is it.. Just I wanted to be "natural being Deaf" as me.. So I do willing accept who am I.. Of course sometimes I do really want HEAR or anything sounds coming from. Only I can hear HIGH PITCHES and cannot hear low pitch. I like both but accept it..

Let you know.. I'm too scared facing surgery... being hate cut on my own skin. Doesn't want see "SCAR on my skin" feel looking ugly. Don't know why am I saying but scary 4me.

Whoa.. long delay to repond me back. :smoking:

heheh. Well I understand what you are saying about "scar". I have scar but you couldn't see where my cochlear implant that I just got surgery while ago and no one can't tell if I had cochlear implant or not. unless if you stand behind me and then you might tapping on my shoulder and said, "what happen to behind your ear."

Back to that one about you being "Deaf" born. I understand that if the hearing aids doesn't work for you and then that not gone be worth for you to get cochlear implant as well. Cochlear implant is only way work is function with the nerves. If you have half half nerves or weak nerves that I could or conside not get those if I am one of them. ;) Remember.. implant thing for our body doesn't mean cure us. It help in half way. :)

Oh one more thing I want share. If you wonder what the sound like. You just simple fold your ear to cover the 'hole' and then use your one finger patting on the ear while it fold down. You might hear something. In case you are wonder what the sound like as "drum" :)

My mother used to asked me would you like to have CI...I suddenly answered her no...it was when I was in my teenager stage. I told my mother and even my own friends as quoted:

"I believe in what God created who I am and I dont alienate God's creation so therefore I will always be deaf person for God designed me to be. I stay stick by God's plan for me not anyone to make decision for me"

I KEPT my own word, I will NOT EVEN deceive or lie to my own words I quoted long time ago.

BigSpike said:
My mother used to asked me would you like to have CI...I suddenly answered her no...it was when I was in my teenager stage. I told my mother and even my own friends as quoted:

"I believe in what God created who I am and I dont alienate God's creation so therefore I will always be deaf person for God designed me to be. I stay stick by God's plan for me not anyone to make decision for me"

I KEPT my own word, I will NOT EVEN deceive or lie to my own words I quoted long time ago.

I like your mother because she accept what you are :fly:

I would do the same as your mother, too. I would NEVER force/get my children to surgery, other school etc when they don't want it because I love them what they are. It would be great when the children choose to have what they like than being force by their parent because they think they do best for their children. The parents made often WRONG decision for their children, that's why I support my children's choice. Important is educate them what pros & cons about.

I'm happy for teenagers to adult's decision to have CI because it's their CHOICE, not their parents.

Last edited:
Liebling:-))) said:
I like your mother because she accept what you are :fly:

I would do the same as your mother, too. I would NEVER force/get my children to surgery, other school etc when they don't want it because I love them what they are. It would be great when the children choose to have what they like than being force by their parent because they think they do best for their children. The parents made often WRONG decision for their children, that's why I support my children's choice. Important is educate them what pros & cons about.

I'm happy for teenagers to adult's decision to have CI because it's their CHOICE, not their parents.

Thanks, Liebling :thumb: this is why I am thankful to have mother who respect my true identify...Yes I agree with you about your children's choice...most important u dont "alienate" them...sad too often I heard and even research based on interview for my project this most of the time..the children hates their parents because their parents "alienate" their children by force to meet their expect....for example...when I was college student this time...I was engaging in few conversation with my collegemates....I end up hearing same quote from them "My parents force me to come to college to get better education for career successful...I really am not ready for college and I wanted to take time and find a job then I can start my own life before I make my own decision to go to college or not...but my parents force me like I am just small child with no power to make my own decision" So I ended up seeing them talking bad things about how their parents are painting their life to meet their expect...what a sad...this is why I wont even do to my future children...my wife and I agree this we are to teach our children the moral viewpoint but not to model their life...know what I mean...thanks for sharing with me...

BigSpike said:
Thanks, Liebling :thumb: this is why I am thankful to have mother who respect my true identify...Yes I agree with you about your children's choice...most important u dont "alienate" them...sad too often I heard and even research based on interview for my project this most of the time..the children hates their parents because their parents "alienate" their children by force to meet their expect....for example...when I was college student this time...I was engaging in few conversation with my collegemates....I end up hearing same quote from them "My parents force me to come to college to get better education for career successful...I really am not ready for college and I wanted to take time and find a job then I can start my own life before I make my own decision to go to college or not...but my parents force me like I am just small child with no power to make my own decision" So I ended up seeing them talking bad things about how their parents are painting their life to meet their expect...what a sad...this is why I wont even do to my future children...my wife and I agree this we are to teach our children the moral viewpoint but not to model their life...know what I mean...thanks for sharing with me...

:thumb:
Yeah, you are very lucky to have wonderful mother.
Yes, I understand what you mean because I'm the same as you, too. My sons can talk anything open to me & my hubby what they think or how they feel. I spend my time to have converstion with them over cons & pros why/what/how/where eg because of their future eg.

Yes, true I saw many parents think their decision are right without realize how the children feel. The parents didn't notice that the children are scared to face something what they doesn't feel ready. It's sad that the parents can't see that the children have the feeling as adult. I respect their decision but I still beleive to support my children's wish because they are my children, I love very much.

Last edited:
Lianca said:
I have CI and will hook up this Thursday. I cannot wait. :) Wish me a luck!

Hi. I got my hook up today. If you want to ask me about that as what you will hear the sounds. It is different than what I expect. It is interesting but. you will might be wore out that day. :) Email me if you are curious about my hook up processing. :typing:

I can hear what I am hearing but its different such as I am typing on this keyboard. I used to hear clicking when I wore the hearing aids. Now I am using the cochlear implant that I can hear the keyboard is clicking with "tap". It is interesting the different about it but I am glad I made that thru.

ideafspy said:
Hi. I got my hook up today. If you want to ask me about that as what you will hear the sounds. It is different than what I expect. It is interesting but. you will might be wore out that day. :) Email me if you are curious about my hook up processing. :typing:

I can hear what I am hearing but its different such as I am typing on this keyboard. I used to hear clicking when I wore the hearing aids. Now I am using the cochlear implant that I can hear the keyboard is clicking with "tap". It is interesting the different about it but I am glad I made that thru.

wow!! I cannot wait to hear it. I also will hear my cats meowing too!! I know it sound different between HA and CI, Completely Different! I cannot wait.. hehe.. I will PM you if I have any question. I also ask Malfy and my friend Jean abt their first time hook up also. I will let u know how it goes on Thursday. :)

Lianca said:
I have CI and will hook up this Thursday. I cannot wait. :) Wish me a luck!

ohh will hook up this Thurs qq let me know how that went too! u know my email addy! :D

OOPS!! my mistake.. I mean this Wednesday of Aug 18th. I alway thought it was on Thursday.. DUH ME!!

ahh no plm Lianca -- at least u did double check :lol: -- still EMAIL me and let me know how that goes :D

t'care!

BigSpike said:

I really like your quote up above there BigSpike, well said too! Amen :mrgreen:

BigSpike said:

Yes but God DID NOT make us deaf, blind, deformed or whatever handicaps we were bestowed with, it was disease, injury etc that caused our handicaps.
Remember, in the Bible, we were born sinners because of what Adam and Eve did, they disobeyed the Lord so therefore we have to suffer the consequences of thier sins. You are right that God created us for what we are and He knows our fates on Earth.
Sorry to be off topic...

Defee said:
Yes but God DID NOT make us deaf, blind, deformed or whatever handicaps we were bestowed with, it was disease, injury etc that caused our handicaps.
Remember, in the Bible, we were born sinners because of what Adam and Eve did, they disobeyed the Lord so therefore we have to suffer the consequences of thier sins. You are right that God created us for what we are and He knows our fates on Earth.
Sorry to be off topic...

No, handicaps are not diease.

HIV/AID e.g. are diease.

Back