congratulations part 2

lilredridinhood

Reaction score
this is the end to 'congratulations'

you look at me with a blank face. panic starts to steep in, what if you refuse to accept your daughter? where would I be then?
with a heavy sigh, you open the door further and allow me in. "how?" you asked. "why didn't u tell me before?"
have you forgotten how we were before? how you hurt me to no end? have u forgotten the day I found u in bed with her? not wanting to drudge  the past, I just shrug.
the baby starts fussing and slowly your eyes drift from me to her. tears well  in your eyes and you, ever the macho man, fidget around and mumble something about allergies.
after what seemed like forever, you ask her name. looking  from her to you, I say "julia. just like we talked about before." a smile creeps on your face but for a minute.
I can see the pain in your eyes, the fear too. a part of me wants to slap you, another part of me wants to hug you and never let go. you bow your head in your hands and sigh. slowly the realization sets in. the math doesn't count  . we spilt a year ago, julia is 6 months old.
"u were pregnant before..." he says. I slowly nod. he groans and closes his eyes, "I didn't know. im so sorry.." I told him not to apologize.
putting julia in his arms, I slowly stand  . reaching in my purse, I take out my camera and snap a picture of a fathers first time with his child.
I watch you hold her and I know she'll be loved. "take good care of her please, and make sure she knows who her mother is." I say in between sobs.
his head snaps up , a puzzled expression on his face.
putting down the diaper bag, I say that there's quite a few diapers, he shld be good for a week or so, and there's some formula and things she need. leaning down to kiss julia, she coos.
I look  , and say "we could have been a family, you know.."
with that, I walk out as quickly as I can and start the car despite your protests. driving away, tears streaming down my face, I hope that one day julia will understand.
I wasn't ready to be a mother. I was only 17.

Back