Conflict

bitner90

Reaction score
So I just had some random thoughts and I wanted to see what everyone else's opinions are. Fair warning these are my views period, this is just meant to discuss views and educate.

I've been thinking that we as Americans are so sensitive to just everything. One word or phrase can mean something racist and awful to one person that doesn't to another, but no matter what is said someone is offended. America was set up by people that did not want to be pressed but lately i've felt like no matter what I say or think is offensive to others and i'm just like it's really just my point of view. I'm not a racist, i'm a liberal, I am probably one of the most least judgmental people in the world but I can't express my opinion. I don't mean that I say anything to purposefully be offensive but I can't even have an opinion without someone freeing out. However people what to express their opinions but won't listen to yours. I'm so sick of this. Seems like the whole world is fighting, why can't we spend all that time helping and uplifting each other? How is the world going to change for the better?

I'm a 90's baby and the world I group up wasn't amazing but it are feels a hell of a lot better than this one. With all of this fake news crap how are we to decide what is real or fake? So much conflict in the world right now or is this just me?

I'm not a person that likes conflict but how can I let my voice be heard without feeling so bad? I have way too big of a heart and I care way too much that's for sure. I just feel like people are less educated and less passionate and if they are they don't fully understand their cause.

Don't get me wrong there have been so many strides made for women, LGBTQ, and race communities and that's amazing! But I still don't feel save everyday, I feel like i'm always looking over my shoulder when i'm out in public, the news is filled with shooting and awful acts people seem to create just for the reason than to kill others creatively and publicly. This is all just ridiculous! Anyone with me?

A few points-
1. Every generation must learn to live their lives without being dominated by fear. This includes developing thicker "skin" so you worry less about how others may judge you. Yes, this is a strange time when many people feel policing one another's thoughts is a noble calling. See it as motivation to gain more confidence in your own thoughts. People in Eastern Europe had to work hard to defend their private thoughts for 50 years while living under Communism. It can and should be done.

2. https://www.truthrevolt.org/news/vi...s-promotes-biased-media#.W2zMyXJJ48o.facebook
The above link takes you to a very useful chart for judging the reliability of particular media outlets. The older ones like CBS or NBC tend to police themselves by traditional journalistic ethics. Journalists showcased there have been vetted by a editor whose job is to make sure what they public fact, not wild exaggeration or fiction. You can also check out stories at factcheck.org. As you age, if you take time to investigate news that feels to sensational or biased, or somehow "wrong", gain confidence in your own ability to judge the news.

Feed your focus on what is important to you in life and starve distraction. Following daily news is terribly distracting.

I learned a while back that no matter how wild and way out an idea or story may be there is somebody that believes it.
My observation is that it is a free for all out there in media world right now with as one of the exploiters of it saying, "hey, I got free rent space in their heads". They can all
take a giant bite out of my behind. When the words have a paycheck attached to them as most of them do in the media I place that fact in there as a good fact to start with. Follow the money. I give zero free rent space to spokespeople for oil companies and the miltary industrial complex, most politicians, and anyone pushing an ideology.
Bad leadership and dishonesty are so disasterous for us you would think that somehow we would have a handle on it by now. There is a whole lot of stoking of negative fires going on right now. Its the trend.

Following daily news is terribly distracting.[/QUOTE]
Or a waste of time.
A few points-
1. Every generation must learn to live their lives without being dominated by fear. This includes developing thicker "skin" so you worry less about how others may judge you. Yes, this is a strange time when many people feel policing one another's thoughts is a noble calling. See it as motivation to gain more confidence in your own thoughts. People in Eastern Europe had to work hard to defend their private thoughts for 50 years while living under Communism. It can and should be done.

2. https://www.truthrevolt.org/news/vi...s-promotes-biased-media#.W2zMyXJJ48o.facebook
The above link takes you to a very useful chart for judging the reliability of particular media outlets. The older ones like CBS or NBC tend to police themselves by traditional journalistic ethics. Journalists showcased there have been vetted by a editor whose job is to make sure what they public fact, not wild exaggeration or fiction. You can also check out stories at factcheck.org. As you age, if you take time to investigate news that feels to sensational or biased, or somehow "wrong", gain confidence in your own ability to judge the news.

Feed your focus on what is important to you in life and starve distraction. Following daily news is terribly distracting.

Or a waste of time to follow dem newz.

Back