Confederate Flag

What does Confederate Rebel Flag means to you?

• A symbol of Civil War History

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • A symbol of racist

Votes: 44 27.7%
  • A symbol of Heritage (Civil War Veteran Generation)

Votes: 60 37.7%
  • Others - please specify

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
It depends who you ask, some for the government style, some for racism, some for history value, and some for at all. But the most I knew is just using it as to defend themselves from the pressure of Northern awkward culture.

Yep. Even now there are black Civil War reenactors on both sides when they relive the ceremonies, camp outs, and famous battles.

Oops! . . . I live South Carolina; it's not called the Civil War here. It was "The Latest Unpleasantness."

:giggle: "The Latest Unpleasantness."

The closest we ever came to war around here was the infamous "Pig War" in the San Juan Islands between the British and the Americans and the firing on the city of Astoria by the Japanese during WWII.

Your welcome and yes some people need to research more on Confederacy history and symbol. I know it has been controversial issues since the Civil War. The racism and slavery has been around for long before even in the North. There is blacks that helped defend the Confederate whether they're slaves or freed. The tradition and pride has remained strong for some of the Southerners.
Calvin, Please remember that I am proud about descendants of slaves where my ancestors came from this nation with weathly and powerful. ;)

african immigrants and black latino immigrants who came this country, they are privilage of this for freedom. However they never understanding our Confederate history and slave history. some of immigrants who live in southern states are racial tension what they dislike. they can be bring it up against Confederate symbol and blame whites as racism.

White racists twisted Confederate history as come up with neo-nazi. few years ago I watched tv about Confederate history and whites who upset with neo-nazi people who twisted history and mixed it with nazi. Confederate whites are against neo-nazi group who gave Confederate's bad reputitions, its not connected Nazi.

I do agree with Confederate whites who stand up against some Confederate groups who practice neo-nazi's style and vemon cultural.

Do good germans wave the nazi flag and claim heritage????????
nope...the war's over....move on
the souths heritage is the U.S.A
civil war part of history....not todays heritage
I find the flag to be insulting to the rest of the U.S. and insulting to afro-amercans.
I can respect the confederacy of the past as part of out history.............but the way I see it displayed nowadays is always in a racist seccesionist desiring format.
It's history...let it be history...it is not heritage of today.
Do we fly the mexican flag as heritage after we took part of mexico???nope
it's all bunk

I find the flag to be insulting to the rest of the U.S. and insulting to afro-amercans.
I can respect the confederacy of the past as part of out history.............but the way I see it displayed nowadays is always in a racist seccesionist desiring format.
it's all bunk
Co-sign, True!

it's all bunk

I concur! :gpost:

No Graduation for Confederate Flag-wavers

ABC News: Rebel Flag-Wavers Have Unlikely Backers

This one is a kind of overboard, since it's only a flag, and if they see you, they'll tell you that you won't show up to graduate. And the principal is black and decide to suspend the white students who bear the rebel flag on the truck, etc.

Confederate has been a controversy involving school for a long time and for some it involves racism. Unfortunately, a lot of people get the wrong idea what the Confederate flag represents :(

no offense....but we don't have the 'wrong idea' about what the nazi flag represents.....initially it represented the german army....time passed and it does not represent that anymore to anyone. Icon value can change over time.

haveadream.jpg

It's Southern Heritage, NOT Hate.

I am the Confederate Flag of America.
I was born in 1861. I represented many Americans of which were many colors, contrary to modern day beliefs. I am hated by people who don’t know me or what I stood for. I was not designed as a hate object, though many people look at me this way today. I was not born to represent white sheets and shaved heads.
I was designed to support state rights and soldiers who wore gray. So don’t hate me because of what certain groups have used me for. Just remember at some point in time I represented each and every one of you, because I was an American symbol, and represented you, no matter what race you are.
I am the Confederate Flag of America.

P.S. yall haters need a history lesson.:slap:

Then please explain why that according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than 500 extremist groups use the Southern Cross as one of their symbols?

Must be real proud of that. :roll:

The American flag isn't.

Yup, that right about confederate flag can be southern heritage or southern pride, however it does offend to most african americans, that what I noticed when I was in southeast USA, also currently in south for this week. This flag isn't bother me, even alot of normal southerners (non-redneck) are use this flag for proud of southern or proud of heritage. I'm considering about move back to south in this fall or so.

Then please explain why that according to the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than 500 extremist groups use the Southern Cross as one of their symbols?

Must be real proud of that. :roll:

The American flag isn't.

Obviously you didnt read my post carefully... so I ll just narrow it down and clarify it for your lazy and stubborn pride.

I am hated by people who don’t know me or what I stood for. I was not designed as a hate object, though many people look at me this way today. I was not born to represent white sheets and shaved heads.

So don’t hate me because of what certain groups have used me for.

Speaking of extremist groups, they were the "certain groups" that used the flag for the wrong purpose.

Big Deal :sure:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Oh, and by the way. A lot of racists fly the Union (USA) flag too.
Probably more than ones that fly the CSA flag.

So if the CSA flag is a symbol of racism, then the USA flag must be one by association.

Err wait a minute... our country's flag is special, we can't allow it to be picked on in such a way... right? But since no sovereign country exists that actually flies the CSA flag, people can pick on it all they want.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

Oh, and by the way. A lot of racists fly the Union (USA) flag too.
Probably more than ones that fly the CSA flag.

So if the CSA flag is a symbol of racism, then the USA flag must be one by association.

Err wait a minute... our country's flag is special, we can't allow it to be picked on in such a way... right? But since no sovereign country exists that actually flies the CSA flag, people can pick on it all they want.

There you go!!! :h5:

Obviously you didnt read my post carefully... so I ll just narrow it down and clarify it for your lazy and stubborn pride.

I am hated by people who don’t know me or what I stood for. I was not designed as a hate object, though many people look at me this way today. I was not born to represent white sheets and shaved heads.

So don’t hate me because of what certain groups have used me for.

Speaking of extremist groups, they were the "certain groups" that used the flag for the wrong purpose.

Big Deal :sure:

Then why have this object representing you then if you don't want people to think that you are a racist?

Guilt by association--you've heard of that haven't you?

(Frankly I really don't care but am interested in this debate....:) )

Then why have this object representing you then if you don't want people to think that you are a racist?

If you visit southeast states then you will understand about confederate flag and southern culture.

Did you see my post above?

There are many people who feel non-white races have no place in the United States of Amercia, and they fly the US flag to represent themselves.

So therefore, by your very own theory, since the CS flag is used by some racists as their symbol, and the US flag is used by some racists as their symbol also (some times alongside the CS flag...) then BOTH should be symbols of racism. But our USA flag is not. We keep the USA flag 'sacred', going so far as to create rules as to how it shall be flown.

A convenient discrepancy, don't you think?

Back