Concentration

C-NICE

Reaction score
Is multitasking an issue for anyone else? I asked my audi about my self, her answer is below.

This can be part of the hearing loss, but I also know some people with normal hearing who cannot multitask. I would say in your case, it is the hearing loss that makes you focus on one project at a time.

Hmm.. hard to say. I can multitask but generally I'm the kind of person who can sometimes focus in so much on a project or task, I forget everything else (like I'm doing right now...). While on the computer I can multitask between different things- like email, playing on AD, writing a letter, looking for jobs. That's about it lol.

I am not the best at multitasking, but it depends on what it is I am trying to accomplish and how much attention to detail the task requires. I tend to want to focus on one task at a time though.

There have been studies that have shown that multitasking is actually a myth. That the human brain only has the capability to focus on one task at a time. Multitasking is actually the ability to rapidly switch between tasks more so than it is to simultaneously do different things. It's one of the arguments again simcom because your brain can't actually process both languages at the same time. So what people are actually doing when they simcom is to rapidly switch between English and ASL.

I have no issue multitasking. I can stomp my foot, rub my belly and pat my head all at the same time. Myth busted.

Back