Common Experience?

Also, just wanted to share this experience. At work the other day, a potential customer stormed out angrily, saying "I'll just take my money elsewhere." after having to repeat himself a few times, angry that i wasn't understanding. God, that hurt me.. Until i realized that it wasn't to be taken personally. It's a problem within that man's heart that led to the culmination of pent-up frustration being let loose in such a form. Exclusion & rejection are two of the most painful forms of imposed isolation, but one must find solace within solitude in order to keep from going insane (figuratively speaking).

Or break the walls imposed, sign will......(refer to my sig)

No, a girl named jeanie, who was also a genie, from gally they sign, perhaps a ghost, im not sure, her fingers tickled, her kiss slow and lush, she was right....
Sign set me....(refer to my sig)...
To be clear ill re work it...thanks for the tip...'-)

Hoichi, that's a great suggestion; but one cannot break all walls that come up. Sometimes, one must circumvent them, instead :b

I have a boyfriend who has been my best friend for the past 8 years and before I had perfect hearing until I was hurt. Now I am worried that one day I'll be completely deaf since my hearing is changing so fast. I sometimes think I irritated him since I'm always saying "What did you say, can't hear you, face me, and huh" all the time. He says it doesn't bother him but it bothers me so I assume it bothers him. Last fall my hearing wasn't that bad but now my right ear is completely deaf. When he introduces me to new people he has to tell them to face me and talk and they look at me funny at first then he asks them why are they making a face.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

he going get more irritated by you thinking he irritated...you looking for problems that not arrived...he your best friend for 8yrs seem you got good guy don't be parnoid

I have a hard time understanding my teacher aide and she gets frustrated with me constantly. I use ASL in my classroom with my students but after 7 months, she really hasn't taken the effort to learn more than just "bathroom" "wait", "no" "wrong" "stand up" and etc. She said that my students have hearing aids and they can understand her without signing. Yea, right! Yea, I understand the frustration with certain hearing people who refuse to make that compromise.

Hoichi, that's a great suggestion; but one cannot break all walls that come up. Sometimes, one must circumvent them, instead :b

break them, scale them, dig under them, tsre them down, breach them,,,,,
Your mind can.do anything...thats the power of sign.....

I have a hard time understanding my teacher aide and she gets frustrated with me constantly. I use ASL in my classroom with my students but after 7 months, she really hasn't taken the effort to learn more than just "bathroom" "wait", "no" "wrong" "stand up" and etc. She said that my students have hearing aids and they can understand her without signing. Yea, right! Yea, I understand the frustration with certain hearing people who refuse to make that compromise.

What a bitch, she is..
Thats classic audism...the plm is in the hearie ingrained feeling of superiority...

No, a girl named jeanie, who was also a genie, from gally they sign, perhaps a ghost, im not sure, her fingers tickled, her kiss slow and lush, she was right....
Sign set me....(refer to my sig)...
To be clear ill re work it...thanks for the tip...'-)

her brains you after then:giggle:

brains.....mmmmm, lol,,,,welll, to be fair she saduced me (cough)...i didnt stand a chance...
(Raises eye brows twice)

What a bitch, she is..
Thats classic audism...the plm is in the hearie ingrained feeling of superiority...

I know...I had two aides and I already got one kicked out of my classroom for disrespecting me. This one does follow my rules, works hard and all that ...but does NOT understand a thing about deaf education or deaf needs. bTW, I work in a public school with a deaf/hh class and you know how it is at public schools. They are CLUELESS about teaching deaf/hh kids. At least I am there for the kiddos and they have someone who finally understand their needs. I begged begged my boss for an aide who knows ASL but she said that the district is under a hiring freeze for aides and she was told by the higher up that she has too many aides at our school and she needs to get rid some of them by next year. Just a unfortunate situation and I just keep using ASL with my students and with my aide hoping someday she will starting picking up signs and start using them. She has been working there for 12 years and this is my first year so I am hoping it is an issue of needing time.

I know...I had two aides and I already got one kicked out of my classroom for disrespecting me. This one does follow my rules, works hard and all that ...but does NOT understand a thing about deaf education or deaf needs. bTW, I work in a public school with a deaf/hh class and you know how it is at public schools. They are CLUELESS about teaching deaf/hh kids. At least I am there for the kiddos and they have someone who finally understand their needs. I begged begged my boss for an aide who knows ASL but she said that the district is under a hiring freeze for aides and she was told by the higher up that she has too many aides at our school and she needs to get rid some of them by next year. Just a unfortunate situation and I just keep using ASL with my students and with my aide hoping someday she will starting picking up signs and start using them. She has been working there for 12 years and this is my first year so I am hoping it is an issue of needing time.

Brutal, i feel your pain, that sucks..clueless indeed. aid been there 12 years...damn...thats seneiroty big time conpared to your year . hope given time and exposure she will come around, but i doubt it..in my experiene audism is the most ingrained and.accaptiible forms of discrmination...its just so damn ingrained...
Thing is your there for the deafies...and they know it...in our hearts we slways knew who was truly there for us....your doin good shel....
Badass girl.....
Badass!!!

My hard of hearing has always been an issue for me with hearing women. They say up front it's no issue, but in the end they always have some kind of excuse regarding it.

Being left out of conversations because there is too much background noises. Demanded me to use a phone because they got tired of "using a computer all day at work". I've even had one that complained about the closed caption on TVs. "It's to much of a distraction".

Most women pity me. Which really turns me off. I don't need Pity. There is nothing wrong with me. I just can't hear too well, once they look b a

I am a hearing person, and deafness doesn't bother me. I believe we are all equal. However, I've met some deaf men that told me they don't want nothing to do with me because I am a hearing person. My guy friend who is deaf gets mad at me when I ask him to fingerspell a sign that I don't know. And most of the time I annoy him, because I ask him to repeat or sign slow. On the otherhand, I met other deaf men and women who have embraced me, and welcomed me into the community, and have been very generous with their time, patient teaching me how to sign, correcting me when I use the wrong sign, etc. It's these kind ones in the deaf community that keep me motivated and inspired to continue learning to sign. If it wasn't for them; I would have quit a long time ago.

I guess my point is there are hearing women who really don't have issues with deafness. Just need to keep searching for them; don't give up. Some of us face similar obstacles to. Oh, and I love captions. I have it on my tv 24/7.

I think you described general nature of human race good and bad helpful or not in what ever community you in..i met some real arse's in deaf and hearing visa versa.
you need be direct with people most deaf are direct or blunt don't waste words and it could appear they short with you when you learn more ASL or BSL you better understand..if you have put yourself in deaf social group for night out then can be irritating if some one asking all the time it go both ways

I agree with what you mentioned. My guy friend who is deaf will sign to me in english order, but when he doesn't want me to know what he's talking about, he'll switch to ASL when talking about hearing issues to other deaf, and doesn't want me included. This annoys me, because I can't follow his ASL conversations completely, but I do understand the gist of what he is saying, and some of it can be pretty offensive; his resentment towards hearing, and being forced to tolerate them, because he has no choice. Yet, I wonder why he talks to me?

I put up with it and him, because I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be left out of conversations, to be talked about while I'm right there in front of them. It annoys the heck out of me, and I imagine if this was occurring all day long how frustrated I would be at the end of the day. I guess this is why he is angry, short fuse person,

This motivates me to continue learning to sign, because one day I won't be left out.

I agree with what you mentioned. My guy friend who is deaf will sign to me in english order, but when he doesn't want me to know what he's talking about, he'll switch to ASL when talking about hearing issues to other deaf, and doesn't want me included. This annoys me, because I can't follow his ASL conversations completely, but I do understand the gist of what he is saying, and some of it can be pretty offensive; his resentment towards hearing, and being forced to tolerate them, because he has no choice. Yet, I wonder why he talks to me?

I put up with it and him, because I'm getting a taste of what it's like to be left out of conversations, to be talked about while I'm right there in front of them. It annoys the heck out of me, and I imagine if this was occurring all day long how frustrated I would be at the end of the day. I guess this is why he is angry, short fuse person,

This motivates me to continue learning to sign, because one day I won't be left out.
Your sexy lady...that why he put up with you...

Truthfully, I really believe my guy friend talks to me because he knows me, and I'm there, but he is not interested in me romantically. He prefers dating a deaf woman. He was in a really bad relationship with a deaf woman several years ago, and he claimed it was really bad. However, he started talking to her again. I noticed that he only goes to deaf events that she goes to. He won't go to any events that I go to. So, there you go.

The rejection hurts, but I understand in way. If he is in a hearing world and has to face one obstacle after another especially with hearing people. At the end of the day, when he comes home, the last thing he wants to not be able to communicate freely. Home is supposed to be a resting place, a safe haven. I get it.

I'm not deaf yet....I am losing hearing in my left ear, but he doesn't know that, and I don't plan on telling him that. That's another reason, why I am determined to learn sign...

Back