Command & Conquer... Your Thoughts?

Nope. Those were in one of the Red Alert add on discs, right? I only had the main game.
Yes, there were 2 expansion packs... Counterstrike and Aftermath. The giant ants were part of the first expansion pack... Counterstrike.

They had a secret hint about this in the instruction manual for Red Alert. I figured it out by accident then looked it up before finding out how to activate it. :)

I have tried out several C&C's back in the days. It was a very solid genre.
original command and conquer for dos, sometime back in early 90s, along with the covert operations.
Red alert - legit for its time
Tiberian Sun, really liked that one
Then I tried out the FPS, C&C generals, Red Alert 2 very briefly - the game changed so much after the EA acquisition.

I still try out C&C95 and Tiberian Sun once in awhile on new laptops, just a personal benchmark to see if the specs are capable.

I have tried out several C&C's back in the days. It was a very solid genre.
original command and conquer for dos, sometime back in early 90s, along with the covert operations.
Red alert - legit for its time
Tiberian Sun, really liked that one
Then I tried out the FPS, C&C generals, Red Alert 2 very briefly - the game changed so much after the EA acquisition.

I still try out C&C95 and Tiberian Sun once in awhile on new laptops, just a personal benchmark to see if the specs are capable.

I remember the DOS version. :)

That was the first one I played. I even played the dinosaurs missions through that. It even had glitches you could exploit. :)

It was Red Alert that got me interested in the Philadelphia Experiment story. It even made a reference to the movie.

I just pulled out my old computer and got it running again. Looks like I'm going to be pulling out my old Command & Conquer games and play them again! :)

I just tried installing Tiberian Dawn (Command & Conquer Gold[/]). Nothing.

Finally found a website that lets me download a smaller file, that will run the game without the CD... but can still use the CDs for the video files.

I wonder if Red Alert will run? :Ohno:

I found my Tiberian Sun the other day too!
That was their first isometric map.

I remember when Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert were using the regular horizontal/vertial grid.

Then when they came out with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, they used the isometric grid which brought out a more 3D feel to the map. One thing that annoyed me in Tiberian Sun was that pieces of land could be destroyed making it unusable for some structures to be built on.

That was their first isometric map.

I remember when Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert were using the regular horizontal/vertial grid.

Then when they came out with Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2, they used the isometric grid which brought out a more 3D feel to the map. One thing that annoyed me in Tiberian Sun was that pieces of land could be destroyed making it unusable for some structures to be built on.
I just came across this and it looks like something I would like to try.

Someone took Tiberian Sun and modified it so that it plays Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert in isometric format instead of standard grid format.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/downloads/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age-v11325

I just came across this and it looks like something I would like to try.

Someone took Tiberian Sun and modified it so that it plays Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert in isometric format instead of standard grid format.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age/downloads/the-dawn-of-the-tiberium-age-v11325
I just installed and played it a bit. The graphics are clear and crisp. A different perspective playing on an isometric grid. :)

Even better... it's free... and by itself! (No other downloads or pre-installed games needed.)

Back