Coming out of retirement? (playing paintball related)

JMH

Reaction score
Okay, here's the whole story.

I used to play paintball games from 1986 to 1990. I have played it every weekends from 1988 to 1990. I decided to retire from it when semi-automatic started to take over.

At my last game, one field had a huge event where we got massive amount of players on one field (I estimated 100+). At one area where the path between large bush on both sides, I could see massive volley of paintballs all over the places. I realized that semi-automatics has "ruined" the game.

My friends kept telling me to upgrade from my pump-action gun to semi-automatic gun and I said I don't want to hassle - upgrade, changing my strategic, etc... And it was my last time I have ever played.

Fast-forward 23 years later. My work is going to host a fun event for our employees: paintball game. My co-workers are bugging me to attend and I told them I retired over 20 years ago. ARGH. After few days of pest from them, I told them maybe if I can find my old paintball gun. Last week, I found my paintball gun (not other stuffs), co-workers got excited - I remaindered them that the gun is over 20 years old and I have no clue if it would work.

Today, I paid a visit paintball store - wow, lot changed.... the wall is full of semi-autos cost anywhere $300 to $1,500, seriously. I bought CO 2 tank and a hope they still have parts for old Nelson 007 - nope they don't. The shop guy said it stopped making it almost 20 years ago. lol However, the CO 2 tank fits my old gun pretty good. I tested it, it leaked and replaced O-ring and then now it's working. Wow, over 20 years old gun still works!

Now, my chance of playing paintball are increasing. I'm still awry of playing it again... I got to do it for my work's sake. Maybe fortunately for me - lot of them are 1st timers. But I feel sorry for them if I kicked their butts once my skills returned.

Does anyone else have similar experience?

got bruise on your body?

why-i-dont-play-paintball-24422.jpg
your body?

Finally played last weekend (yeah, in 100 degree).

Me and co-workers only played 4 matches but I withdrew early 3rd match. I pulled a muscle in my calf while trying to sprint across wide open area and it hurts like hell. Now I'm getting better and able to walk around.

My 20 years old paintball pump gun worked perfectly and I managed to nail two guys before someone shot volley of paintball at me (damn semis) - only hit me one. lol On my second match, my old skill seems to be "returned" like riding on bicycle.

I had good time and I didn't realize how much I missed playing paintball.

So, I've decided to come out of retirement and start to play paintball once again - not every weekend like I did 20 years ago.

Finally played last weekend (yeah, in 100 degree).

Me and co-workers only played 4 matches but I withdrew early 3rd match. I pulled a muscle in my calf while trying to sprint across wide open area and it hurts like hell. Now I'm getting better and able to walk around.

My 20 years old paintball pump gun worked perfectly and I managed to nail two guys before someone shot volley of paintball at me (damn semis) - only hit me one. lol On my second match, my old skill seems to be "returned" like riding on bicycle.

I had good time and I didn't realize how much I missed playing paintball.

So, I've decided to come out of retirement and start to play paintball once again - not every weekend like I did 20 years ago.

:laugh2:...well....good for you!...no pain, no gain...

Back