COME TO SLC Fundraiser to help NAD!!!

D

Deaf258

Because of the dangerous risk that ADA will be weakened by the US Congress in the next 12 months, NAD is asking for donations to help hire laywers and pay legal fees to fight for our Deaf rights as well as other people who are blind, or have multiple disabilities.

Several Deaf organizations along with Utah Association for the Deaf might be hosting several performances, activites and potluck at the Robert G. Sanderson Community Center of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, 5709 South 1500 West, Taylorsville, UT 84123, possibly on February 14, 2004.

I cannot speak for UAD and other local Deaf organizations, but from what I heard, this is a BIG event for the Deaf and you should make it your goal NOT to miss out on this opportunity to protect your right to work and to watch captioned films and media. This has the potential to put the Sanderson Deaf Center, Utah on the map again!!!

If you are unable to attend, please donate a small amount of money. NAD needs YOUR help and raise over $8,000 to fight to keep ADA!! 5 dollars from you makes a very big difference!

I will keep you posted with contact information where to send donations, but for now, please check www.nad.org and send your donation to NAD if they have a page for donations to the legal fees to fight for ADA.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Back