come to NTID/RIT

shao

Reaction score
I;m going to NTID/RIT on aug 24th...

I want to know...

What school materials should I buy? notebooK? paper? pen? etc?

pimpdaddyposse said:
Do you have VR support? Vr should pay for it :o

uhh PDP -- not all state VR services are paying due to federal funds being frozen

just typical stuff same as high school ofc.. you will need pen, pencil, notebook, folder, school bag. in my college experience, in first day of class, the teacher will tell you what u need to buy, what kind of book you will need, what kind of techology you will need. then u go to bookstore, college store, whatever RIT call it. u buy books there, etc...

That is what i always do while i am in college i wait till the first day the teacher show me a book what to buy, etc...
or some college store will have a list what u will need for that class u are taking.
hope this helps :)

can always get the information of what books are required before classes start -- i did that with my college by going to my college homepage and go to the listing of what class requires what book and have them written down so i can go to the bookstore and get the books

vvti low rolla said:
don't depent on VR, lazy bum :mrgreen: be a man and work hard to collect mooah and pay materials
Vr don't pay everything for me... I will get college loan anyway!

VR won't help me at all, so :madfawk: at narrowminded hearing VR counselors.

Oddball -- its cuz the funds are frozen by order by the feds for those who are just deaf -- the funds are open for those with multiple disabilities -- im using college grants *prays im approved* :o

Fly Free said:
Oddball -- its cuz the funds are frozen by order by the feds for those who are just deaf -- the funds are open for those with multiple disabilities -- im using college grants *prays im approved* :o

Hmm...when I attended college back between 1989 to 1997, VR paid for everything...has things changed recently about VR supporting deaf people or? Just wondering....

BTW, Fly -- you attending Gally or a local uni near home or? :) What you studying?

I hope to go back to school one day soon and obtain my MA in Psychology and Social Work.

The only thing that you could really use are some pens, pencils, and notebooks. The rest depends on your major. My major is Information Technology... so, I got by with pens, pencils, spiral notebooks, a couple ZIP disks, and a few floppy disks. That's pretty much it for me. I did buy a TI-83+ calculator for my Technical Calculus courses.

(writes down)
pens, pencils, notebooks, disks...

Thank you! you are useful.

I'm majoring in Applied Computer Technology. I want to minor in Chinese and Japanese language. I'm thinking about changing my major to art thing...like Illustration or something.

shao said:
(writes down)
pens, pencils, notebooks, disks...

Thank you! you are useful.

I'm majoring in Applied Computer Technology. I want to minor in Chinese and Japanese language. I'm thinking about changing my major to art thing...like Illustration or something.
That's a good major. A lot of my friends are in that major. That major can easily transfer to Information Technology... which is what I'm in right now. You could also try transfering to RIT in the New Media Information Technology program. That is mostly for artwork and graphic design related to computers.

shao said:

I want to know...

Hi Shao, I'd like the NTID but, there's Galludet University is really so suck! :P Nice to meet ya!

my old friends from clarke school who went to NTID/RIT already...... my old friend from philippines will go there on aug 24..... she used to grow up in the states for many years already. thats all!

shao said:

I want to know...

I'll be there at Fall or Summer in 2005 =)

VamPyroX said:
That's a good major. A lot of my friends are in that major. That major can easily transfer to Information Technology... which is what I'm in right now. You could also try transfering to RIT in the New Media Information Technology program. That is mostly for artwork and graphic design related to computers.

hm. i have a question,

if i am majoring in ACT for one year. It transfers me to RIT in NMIT. The bacholar suppose to take four years. That means I'd be stay in RIT for 5 years? I'm not sure. Please let me know. Thanks.

Back