come to NTID/RIT

WaterRats13 said:
BTW, Fly -- you attending Gally or a local uni near home or? :) What you studying?

waterrats -- community college majoring in criminal justice and prolly will transfer on to the U of Maryland at a later time :)

shao said:
hm. i have a question,

if i am majoring in ACT for one year. It transfers me to RIT in NMIT. The bacholar suppose to take four years. That means I'd be stay in RIT for 5 years? I'm not sure. Please let me know. Thanks.
That depends on your advancement in your courses. If you take a lot of beginner classes, you'll still have to take more when you transfer to RIT. NTID is a 2-year college. In order to make things easier for the deaf community whose reading/writing level is lower than college standard... they stretch most courses so that the 2-year degree takes 4 years to complete. If you do really well in the placement exams, you're liable to jump into RIT quicker and get things done faster. There are some students who come into NTID with reading/writing levels so low that they have to follow through NTID's 5-quarter reading/writing programs. After they complete all of that, they're eligible to transfer to RIT. When they transfer to RIT, they still have to take RIT's 2-quarter reading/writing courses. Overall, that's 7 quarters for NTID students. I went to community college before going to RIT. When I transfered to RIT, I took their placement exam and scored high enough to be waived from the reading/writing courses. There are some students who spend 10 years at RIT because they spent 4 years trying to get a 2-year degree then 6 years getting a 4-year degree. You seem to have very good reading/writing skills so I'm sure you'll get into RIT sooner than expected.

Back