Colored Hearing aids and EARMOLDS? AGE

Red Naidas. Was going to get blue for left and red for right but in the end I did not.

Going to get coloured ear moulds soon. Thinking about either blue, brown, or red and blue or maybe pink. Can decide.

If I were in the market, I'd want to go with fun, exciting colors. But I'm really afraid to "not match" and I wouldn't want, say, orange HA with red clothes. So I probably would wimp out and go with neutral shades.

My glasses are red, but I don't wear them every day, only when they match. I do contacts at other times. Wouldn't it be cool if you could get interchangeable earmolds that could match different outfits? You'd think that could be possible in a somewhat affordable way. (or maybe it is...I wouldn't know)

I don't think it's childish at all! they're going in YOUR ears so I think really it's up to personal preference. Honestly, I think zebra print would be really cool! I've got Phonak Naida flesh tone ones and I hate it, they're soooo boring. I don't currently have earmolds because I was allergic to the ones in my old ones (by the way does anybody have advice on that? My audiologist is kind of a dick) I really want green ones though! Just do waht makes YOU happy :)

I agree with that Ildri! when I got my first hearing aids at the end of last year, one of my good friends said basically the same thing. "why not get smaller ones, don't they make ones that you cant even see?" I'm hoh and proud dang it!

I don't currently have earmolds because I was allergic to the ones in my old ones (by the way does anybody have advice on that? My audiologist is kind of a dick)

Audi-woes. I get it - my audi's a moron, too. :roll:

Were your earmolds colored? As far as I know, sometimes the coloring can cause an allergic reaction in some people, or the kind of material that the earmold is made out of. What kind of material were your earmolds made of?

They DO make hypoallergenic earmolds. Perhaps you can look into that.

Mine are 8 year old Phonak digitals BTE. Mine are purple, but my molds are clear. I wanted orange, they didn't come in orange... If I can ever afford new ones, which I need now, I hope they have orange! Ear molds in orange would be kewl, too! Maybe purple and orange, one of each color for each aid & mold? :rockon:

Last edited:
Mine are "espresso" colored and not very visible. I want colors, because hey, I'm proud to be me whoever and whatever "me" may be, but was a bit rushed to pick a color and pointed at the first attractive color I saw on the sheet of choices. It's a pretty color, but I'd still love something a little brighter. When I get new ones (I'm sure that'll happen eventually, I'm only 20 so I'm sure I'll outlast my HA) they'll be colorful. And if I eventually end up with earmolds instead of the "open ear" design I currently have, those will be neon green or something like that. My one worry is bright colors won't look professional, but I suppose since I want to be a professor looking a little colorful won't be too problematic once I have a job. If anything, students would probably think it cool that their professor has a young sense of style?

Mine are 8 year old Phonak digitals BTE. Mine are purple, but my molds are clear. I wanted orange, they didn't come in orange... If I can ever afford new ones, which I need now, I hope they have orange! Ear molds in orange would be kewl, too! Maybe purpose and orange, one of each color for each aid & mold? :rockon:

Awesome! I want a purple HA and green & pink swirled earmold for the right ear, and a green HA and purple & pink swirled earmold for the left ear! How epic is that? :P

I've had orange earmolds when I was a kid, and green, and bright pink!

I've been wearing glasses since I was 3½. I remember bright pink ones when I was a kid in elementary school. :D

I've been wearing glasses since I was 3½. I remember bright pink ones when I was a kid in elementary school. :D

I've worn glasses since I was 2. I wore several different pairs of bright pink glasses from 3rd through 7th grade! :D I've also worn purple, blue, red, and green glasses. Right now, I have black glasses - but they have pink on the insides of the frames, and little pretend diamonds on the frames!

Why get boring glasses or HAs?!? In my opinion, the more color, the better! :P

Has anyone ever been told by their boss that their hearing aids are too bright and need to be toned down? My close friends boss said that to her last week after getting purple hearing aids. She was also planning to get colored ear molds next time she needs them but now is unsure due to what her boss said.
I spent the last year since getting my red HAs, trying to get her to go for colored hearing aids and ear molds.
She says it because they don't blend well with what she wears for work.

Does anyone think about what they wear for work when getting new HAs or ear molds?

Has anyone ever been told by their boss that their hearing aids are too bright and need to be toned down? My close friends boss said that to her last week after getting purple hearing aids. She was also planning to get colored ear molds next time she needs them but now is unsure due to what her boss said.
I spent the last year since getting my red HAs, trying to get her to go for colored hearing aids and ear molds.

Does anyone think about what they wear for work when getting new HAs or ear molds?
I think your friend's boss needs to shove it...If your friend cares what he thinks, she can get Ear Gear for work to match her hair. She could also keep her current molds after she gets colors and use current ones at work.

ETA: My hearing aids and molds are purple. No boring here :P

Last edited:

That's really no one's concern but yours...unless he's paying for your ear molds, which I doubt, I don't see how it concerns him. Next time you're changing the molds, go for the neon orange look for the right and hot pink for the left. :D

Laura

Never thought about ear gear to tone the hearing aids down. Will tell my friend about that. I do agree that her boss should shove it but she's the kind of person to agree as she hates confrontation. She could keep her old molds but she would then be wearing her old molds 99% of the time an only wearing her colored molds at weekends. Will see what she says. I think ear gear would work well tho :)

I heard that decorating your hearing aids voids the warranty. So, as long as the hearing aid was already that way as made by the manufacturer... then you should be fine.

Ear gear are well known and just slide on and off from the HA or CI. They are used to change the colors of your HA or CI and to also protect it from sweat or dust etc.
I personally can't wear them due to a high amount off feedback. I have some anyway but I never wear them unless its pouring heavily but then I have to put up with feedback or turn volume down :)

I think what you mean is decorating them with stickers, nail polish, etc. I use nail stickers and they come off themselves all the time. If something happened to my hearing all I'd have I do is peel the stickers off and take it in. Just sayin' :P

Go for it!, I'm 34 and have a blue mould and black and blue Exélia Art, it looks great.

Back