Colorado medicaid- any state medicaid. how to pay for ha?

zeefour

Reaction score
Hey everyone. It's that time again where I need a new hearing aid (I have a BAHA on my other ear). I have Medicaid in Colorado. I used to have Tricare and had an audiologist through the military hospital. Now the first audiologist for Medicaid I hated, she was so rude and she tried to question the results of my other tests (I've had it since I was 6) she wasn't even a doctor she was the tech and she showed me the door before. Now I'm looking for a new doctor. I also am trying to find what Medicaid in Colorado covers, apparently it doesn't cover HAs at all. Any idea how I can try to cover the cost of a new HA?

pretty much any medicaid providers are limited in choices and yeh they can be rude.. not just in colorado - NYS too. ughhh . in the rochester area there are pretty much only 2 places you can go, otherwise you are stuck paying for them. and fyi - you can get a better HA if you pay for it yourselves since any audiologists can get whatever you want while medicaid providers are stuck with how much they can get paid for it which is in pennies.

pretty much any medicaid providers are limited in choices and yeh they can be rude.. not just in colorado - NYS too. ughhh . in the rochester area there are pretty much only 2 places you can go, otherwise you are stuck paying for them. and fyi - you can get a better HA if you pay for it yourselves since any audiologists can get whatever you want while medicaid providers are stuck with how much they can get paid for it which is in pennies.

Thanks, that's what I'm noticing. I've scheduled another appointment with somewhere I can pay for a new HA on my own and already the customer service has been so much better. Thanks!

Back