Coincidence at the Apple Store yesterday...

society's_child

Reaction score
...I went for a tutorial on digital camera and downloading pictures to iPhoto. The sessions are called One-to-One and that's exactly what it is. One of the staff members will sit down with you and help you through any technical issues you have. Long story short, the staff person assigned to me just happened to be deaf. :eek3: She seemed pretty suprised that I knew sign language. I asked her how she usually interacts with customers and she told me she'll type her instructions down on the monitor and they read her comments. Needless to say, she had an easier go of it with me as a pupil, lol. Just thought I'd share. :)

i think she's lucky that her staffs seem not to mind having her around at work. That's great!! that's nice to hear so positive about her being working with hearing people.

Yeah, the vibe at that Apple Store is pretty loose and low key. So that probably has something to do with it. Nobody (appears) to be uptight about anything.

i know a HOH girl who works at the apple store here :) she knows sign language, but she prefers speaking to that. i saw her at a concert one time, my friends and i were in a reserved area so we could see the interpreters clearly, and i told her she could join us but she wanted to stay with her friends instead.

that's cool. I'm guessing there's a deaf girl working there cuz of deaf population (Gally) nearby.

...I went for a tutorial on digital camera and downloading pictures to iPhoto. The sessions are called One-to-One and that's exactly what it is. One of the staff members will sit down with you and help you through any technical issues you have. Long story short, the staff person assigned to me just happened to be deaf. :eek3: She seemed pretty suprised that I knew sign language. I asked her how she usually interacts with customers and she told me she'll type her instructions down on the monitor and they read her comments. Needless to say, she had an easier go of it with me as a pupil, lol. Just thought I'd share. :)

Cool!!!
Did you learn anything?

I remember I went to a local MAC store at the mall a few months ago. I saw a deaf young girl who works there in the warehouse as night stocker, talking with her supervisor. We chatted briefly about MAC, etc. It was nice to know them.

Back