CODA needs Sorenson VP

OSUpokesgirl72

Reaction score
Hey! Does anyone know where a hearing person can get a Sorenson VRS? I'd be happy to buy one from someone who has it. I applied with Sorenson a few years ago when it was new, and never heard anything back. Probably because I'm hearing.

I'm a CODA and need it to talk to my parents who live in a different state. I hate using relay service, because I want to talk to my mom like normal.

If anyone has any info on how I can get one, or is willing to sell theirs, please leave me a message!! Thanks!!!!

Hey! Does anyone know where a hearing person can get a Sorenson VRS? I'd be happy to buy one from someone who has it. I applied with Sorenson a few years ago when it was new, and never heard anything back. Probably because I'm hearing.

I'm a CODA and need it to talk to my parents who live in a different state. I hate using relay service, because I want to talk to my mom like normal.

If anyone has any info on how I can get one, or is willing to sell theirs, please leave me a message!! Thanks!!!!

What is meaning for CODA? Sorenson refused to sell VP to any hearing customer.

CODA = Children of Deaf Adults meaning that OSUpokesgirl72 is hearing and her parent are deaf. so she want a vp to converse normally with her parent in ASL.

get it?

OSUpokegirl72, you could buy any videophone that is available at any store like Bestbuy or so and you and your parent need to share with each others the ip addresses.

CODA = Children of Deaf Adults meaning that OSUpokesgirl72 is hearing and her parent are deaf. so she want a vp to converse normally with her parent in ASL.

get it?

OSUpokegirl72, you could buy any videophone that is available at any store like Bestbuy or so and you and your parent need to share with each others the ip addresses.

Ok You can buy D-link vp http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...trt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32&fsoo=2 or Vpad vpad, Computers Networking, vp items on eBay.com by ebay for hearing parents.

or you can use a webcam to call your parent with their VP device. download hovrs.com's Video Sign 2.5 and then click on "point to point" to call ur parent.

webcam to VP 100 - it works
webcam to VP 200 - it works
webcam to DLink VC device - it works.

Viable Vision if you have a webcam and a computer - No worries!

Wow thanks for all the replies! I will have to research some of this. I bought a Philips webcam to use with my computer, but have heard that the picture is not as good. Will look into videophones at Best Buy! Thank you!

Best webcam is Logitech Quick Cam Pro 9000 and I am not sure if there is any videophones available at Best Buy but online is the best option ;)

Back