cochlear N5 rechargeables FDA approved

lovezebras

Reaction score
Someone I know got an email from her audi saying the rechargeables are now approved ...here is the info :
-Cochlear will begin shipping rechargeable batteries starting this upcoming Monday to current Nucleus 5 recipients. People who already have the N5 will receive two standard rechargeable batteries in their primary processor color.

-These shipments will take 8-12 weeks

-All new Nucleus 5 system orders will begin shipping with a rechargeable battery kit effective June 21, 2010.

-Starting July 1st, Cochlear will change it from two rechargeable batteries to three, adding a compact rechargeable to new patient kits. These will not be included in the rechargeable battery kit shipped to patients who received their Nucleus 5 prior to July 1st.

-For those who would like to purchase the compact battery, Cochlear will be running a special promotion offer on the price of rechargeables, bringing it down to $99 from July 13th-September 30th

-When using rechargeable batteries, the Nucleus 5 Sound Processor is the world’s ONLY submersible sound processor.

--However, the newsletter recommends not using it in swimming that involves going underwater, under a high pressure nozzle, or when using soap or shampoo.

thats what she posted on the CI community and thought i'd share with you guys if you wanted to know:)

seems you guys takes the longest to get them . i got mine switched on 3 mths ago. i got everything ready here including rechargable batteries. and standard battery. my audio said its up to me what i want . so i choose 3 rechargable and two standard batteries. all good.
just cant understand why yours not avalable til now.. im in oz btw

I'm actually in Canada and we get them right away too...i think the FDA is just really picky..but here in canada they were approved already when the N5 came out

This is fantastic news. I get my implant on july 16th i just wonder if they will still give me a huge supply of regular non rechargeable bats with my pack or just the rechargeable my audi told me they give you like a years supply of non recharges and then would send them when they are fda approved.. either way I'm pleased to know I wont have to purchase non rechargeable batterys unless the power goes out here at the house.. :cool2:

I had rechargeable batteries from the start- August/07 I have Advanced Bionics.

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

cochlear's freedom had rechargeable batteries as well from the start but apparently FDA approval of the nucleus 5 rechargeables took longer because of the IP57 rating letting it be submerged in still water for up to 30 min without damaging the processor..but this only stands IF the rechargeable battery is on and this is why the FDA approval, or so I've heard, took so long to come through. Canada and UK approved them at the same time the Nucleus 5 was approved

I use Med El (I think) Combi 40+ and Nucleus II and both have had rechargeable batteries (Di Capo) available since last year. Trust me, so worth it. I've seen Cochlear ones too, not sure what model, aww, they were incredibly pretty.

My nucleus 5 came with rechargeable batterys when I got it activated. They last about 2 days before needing a charge. Which isnt too bad. I also recieved a docket for non rechargeable's and 60 batterys. So far the implant is a success!

Alica I am jealous of your aide's They look awsome. Wish my molds were cool like that when I had aides. Very stylish :D

lol thanks:) I don't like my hearing aids to be boring beige...that would be no fun...Wait til I eventually get a CI ...it'l be blingtastic lol...they have a zebra cover with the N5 as well:)

Back