cochlear implants

me_punctured said:
The single biggest obstacle a deaf child faces in his/her infant years, when the parents are hearing and do not know any sort of visual-based language, Eyeth, would be acquiring language by learning it as it is expressed (spoken or signed).
Yeah, that's a good answer as any. Sweetmind also alluded to this obstacle in her initial answer. I'd rather not go into specifics, though! This has been debated ad nauseam, among professionals, way before the CI's ever entered the picture, let alone among lay people such as us.

Eyeth said:
Yeah, that's a good answer as any. Sweetmind also alluded to this obstacle in her initial answer. I'd rather not go into specifics, though! This has been debated ad nauseam, among professionals, way before the CI's ever entered the picture, let alone among lay people such as us.

Indeed. The debate you're alluding to comes from a bigger debate over how and why children develop language. Linguists have yet to come up with an unanimous consensus on what biological and social pre-existing conditions are required for a child's language development to occur.

Have you read "Genie: A Scientific Tragedy" by Russ Rymer? It's a heartbreaking story.

First of all why am I taking out your quote to make the point it that what deafies went thru all our lives. No matter how hardwork we learn how to use orally speaking since two years old. I can speak but cannot able to speak faster like hearing people and I am not speaking like a baby talk. that is the between. Okay! I have done my job to make the difference so therefore please tell me what do I get?? NOTHING as usual in many ways. It s not two way street again.

I am here to point that out where s the problem occuring for deafies like me. I do not believe I should speak with latened deaf person with my deaf vocal because you are legally deaf so we can help each other to have a good communication with your sign language so Can I have it? Rah Rah!! I have my chance to get a good commuication with an interpreter. Thats what I mostly hate to have a third parties between us. It s not a natural communication that it bothers me too much meanwhile I do not feel the real contact eyes from this person's face through the interpreter. It s not me as a deaf natural person at your house. Thats it! So where is my right to freedom? Strike one!

I can understand you were hearing which is fine with me.. I have no problem with that but people needs to see the difference between latened deaf and d/Deaf people s sides. I am kinda puzzled that you said HOH now hearing then I realized u are a latened deaf.. Thats explaination. You are giving me impression that you are HOH but it isnt. So why am I getting mixed messages at first? Thats why you give me the tigger tool? ;) I knew something is not right. Now it s clear up for me to understand where u coming from. Thats what I am afraid that ignorant and innocent people didnt realized what they are getting misinformation about latened deaf that cannot compare d/Deaf people s deafness if you mind. It cannot be one-sided. Strike 2!!

What assumptions we make! Please...I had enough of this lunancy! Of course, I would have an interpreter available or if the person only spoke Spanish...a translator would be there. Given your attitude and underlying bitterness, don't worry we have no reason to meet. This is exactly what turned me off to the deaf in general until I realized not all acted this way.

Oh boy, excuse me!!! Thats your bittered issue not mine because you took it personally so hard while you are not giving me the full details until I get it . Now I knew it all along cause I dont feel right about you as HOH. I brought something for everyone to see the fact that it cannot compare between hearing/latened deaf and d/Deaf people? So therefore NO MORE ONE SIDED. Thanks!

I joined AD to see if some sanity prevailed and by and large it has in my opinion. What turned me off (about the deaf) years ago was visiting a beloved former teacher (at Galludet) from my deaf school (four years) before I was mainstreamed. I couldn't believe how "snotty" alot of the deaf were about me wearing a HA and speaking like the hearing. Like I was some exotic creature who broke the rules. Excuse me for breathing! I much prefer the hearing world as they pretty much accepted me as I am.

It is your issues..

Your pathetic attempts to lay a guilt trip trap on me about leaving behind the natural deaf is utterly without merit. For one thing, I'm in the hearing world 24x7 with no opportunity to deal with them. I simply have forged my own identity and I'm comfortable with who and what I am. My motto is that I'm a hearing person who happens to be deaf. If that is a problem for you, so be it. No sweat off my back. I haven't judged anybody here in this forum even if I have wondered about certain ones. Life is far too short to get all riled up about others who do things differently. It works for me... If I do deal with the natural deaf as you put it, it will be with somebody interpreting the proceedings so that everybody is comfortable and nobody is left out.

it s your issue then look up in the mirror what u just said it aloud and assumed that I feel this way as you are. What a pity!... Strike3!!!!

live and let live with a reasonable to compare the difference between hearing/latened deaf and d/Deaf/HOH [hate to use HOH because deafies get the wrong message about HOH itself] Sighs! Strike 4!!!

After all you took it wrong way that I did not point at you as person.. AGAIN, I just took out your quote without name on it if you mind. I am not pointing at anybody.. Thank you!

Sighs!
Sweetmind

PS: deafdyke you jumped all over me for nothing thats why I dont agree with you that I am thinking about d/Deaf people with ex HA and CI devices alike me. You are advocated way too much about oral issues as far as I can see it very clear.. So back off and you dont know what I m talking about the issue. I dont really appreciate that you are overlapping my writings that you think you know it all. It doesnt make any sense.. For God s sake! Dont across my boundary for d/Deaf people needs and rights to freedom. Thanks! Please read it carefully with other s reply that I dont feel right about it because I read it and memorized what he said all along. I aint that stupid as you are.. thank you! Strike 5!!!

Last edited:
I couldn't believe how "snotty" alot of the deaf were about me wearing a HA and speaking like the hearing.
Srssoars, are you older? Yeah, there are "deafer then thou" types..... but I think that deaf culture is becoming more hoh friendly. A lot of Deaf folks undy that most of us didn't choose to speak only..... I can understand how that snotty sittuion came about b/c back in the old days a lot of oralists were kind of high and mighty about the fact that they didn't need sign. (and there are still some AG Bell types who are like that even today!)

I am sorry i have to disagree with most of you... i am fully deafness where i live in hearing world.. i realize for exaple if i am standing between hearing world and deaf world only because i believe in which is right like i respect deaf world because of who they are not because they use anything.. as for hearing world i learn to deal with it cuz i live out there... nothing will ever change who i am..
therefore i got problem if i go back in deaf world they dont like idea who i am because i am there in hearing world.. it seem as if deaf world are more selfish of being who they are and rather not learn socilize them.. as if for hearing rather being selfish sometimes because deaf people are different from them,, UNFORTUNATELY LIVE WITH IT !!!! none of you are different form each other...
as for cochlear implants my advice QUIT assemble innocent children into someomne that you want them be GIVE THEM CHOICES wait till they are old enought o make their choices THEY AINT YOUR TO MAKE CHOICE.. if things happen to us for some reasons which we are all deaf ACCEPT IT AND MOVE ON...
i dont see anything different for people who wear hearing aids they are just human beings they make their own choices doing it so... as for me I WISH i can wear hearing aids but I CANT but its okay with me i accept due to medical reasons... SIMPLE AS THAT TRUTH IS NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO with hearing aids or COCHLEAR IMPLANTS believe it THEY ARE NOT CURE at all...
THE FACT i learned something about cochlear implants they are high risk doing it so due to too many nerves behind ears which doctors COULD HAVE MISTAKENLY cut and your jaws wouldnt be moving FOR LIFE.. but i have nothing against whateve ryou make choices but ALL I CAN SUGGEST IS ACCEPT WHO YOU ARE AND MOVE ON.. thas all i can say..

After reading all the responses in this thread ( that took a while, and more than a couple warranted re-reading two to three times before I could actually understand what the posters were trying to say), I feel that the biggest issue at hand for those who are against CI's is their FEAR of them. The FEAR of somebody learning to hear and deciding to interact with the hearing world instead of the deaf world. The FEAR that they are being "left behind" if somebody choses to get an implant, or for the sake of bettering the lives of their children, parents chose to get their children implanted. The FEAR of suddenly being a single lone deaf person in a sea of hearing (even if it is CI-aided hearing) people. Its FEAR that drives the anti-CI propaganda machine, FEAR that feeds the mistruths, lies, and outright hostility that many people encounter when this subject is discussed.

What needs to be understood is - CI's aren't and will never be a "cure -all" for deaf people. Criteria has to be met before anyone is eligible for implantation. And no there is NOT a 100% success rate, but then I challenge you to give proof that ANY type of corrective surgery is 100% successful. There will always be those who chose not to receive CI's because they physically are not compatable for the implant. There always will be those who are happier being deaf (all the more power to them! - thats their decision!) There will always be people who feel they function just fine with hearing aids, I could continue but I'm sure you get my gist.

CI's are not Hitler. CI's will never end deafness in this world. You have to stop the FEAR you feel and realize that there *IS ROOM IN THIS WORLD FOR EVERYBODY!!!*. Be they profoundly deaf, hard of hearing, deaf who wear hearing aids, deaf who wear CI'S - why can't we all just *get along?*

Everywhere I go - I see people who have CI's and they totally accept those who make the choice NOT to get one.

WHY is it so hard for so many deaf individuals to accept US? This isn't "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers" we're talking about. If something makes life more enjoyable for one deaf person, how is it a threat to another?

I honestly think that in parting, everybody just needs to quit
deadhorse.gif

And learn to live in harmony. There's room enough on this Earth for us all.

<steps down from soapbox>

:bsflag:

but I think that deaf culture is becoming more hoh friendly.

What is this????? Oh pleassssseeee!!!!!!! It s not a friendly HOH only if you mind. I have helped a lot of people out there who came into Deaf community that left them isolated and scream for a help from the outside of Deaf community. They are ( dont forget there is 90 percent)Hearing parents of d/Deaf child with ex HA or CI devices , latened deaf and d/Deaf and have their acceptance of deafness already. I am a natural Deaf person with my hands to communicate without HA device with a big heart. I did it on my own without your help or anyone s help.

Guess what many people with audist attitude who did make the very negative image of Deaf community as well as they took everything away from us. They are kissing audist attitude s arses. They ruin everything for us Deaf ASLers, deafies with ex HA and CI devices and ASL in this Deaf community and pushed us out of Deaf community and Hearing community that created a BULLSHIT misinformation by audist attitude people.

You know what I am so sick of deaf/ hearing people treat other deaf/hearing people with a good attitude like that because oral method ruins for every deaf s individual that focus on one - sided. They dont feel good about themselves deeply inside of their true inner souls and coming from outside of the Deaf community. If they dont like it then why do they still here with us??SCOFFS!!!! I am seeing all lies in many things around me that makes me do something about it because you are destroying those d/Deaf children for NOTHING,. That's very self centered of yours as usual.

You gave out the wrong information as far as I can see this very much that ticks me off. Everything is bad bad bad about deafness, Deaf people , Deaf community, and American Sign Language that I highly respect Laurent Clerc who is the first Deaf teacher in First Deaf school in our Deaf History.

Everything we have that is GONE into the coffins to be locked up. I am going to UNLOCK it and tell the fricky truth. No more trying to destroy our Deaf community , our natural Deaf people , our hands to communicate with, our true indentity, our Deaf Rights, that u screwed everything up that doesnt even work very well.. That kills me in my deeply heart to see things to be destroyed by you and your audist attitude.

I worked so hard to make the difference and want everybody to respect us FIRST and let us be who or what we are. Also our true language.

S T O P being S E L F C E N T E R E D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be honest to yourself and many people who are very innocent and ignorance about deaf issues. Everything has to be ONE-SIDED that TICKS me OFF. What a :liar: I ever know!!!!!!

Sighs!!!
Sweetmind

:bsflag:

I feel that the biggest issue at hand for those who are against CI's is their FEAR of them. The FEAR of somebody learning to hear and deciding to interact with the hearing world instead of the deaf world.

Thats full of craps!! Somebody is not clear up what s their defination of deafness at first place if you dont mind. NO MORE ONE _SIDED since they destroy those d/Deaf chlidren from getting the misinformation by their parents who is not the blamed for. MEDICAL did it and thinks they know it all. MIND YOU! You need to read it again more than three times. Thank you!

We are not guinea pig or puppet if you dont mind that we are human being and have a reason for being deaf as is. You dont want to face the reality as well. We are getting pissed off for not treating us equal after all those devices / Hearing products/ Hearing Dogs/ Hearing world / that relates hearing s audist attitude that we have to stick up their arses. UP YOURS!

People do not have any respect for any deafies no matter what after all we have the ADA or our rights to believe in ourselves that is POSITIVE OUTLOOK.

BOY I feel like to bring the machine gun to destroy those audist attitude itself that I ll be d/Deaf militant as they think we are ASL militant people.. For God s sake!!!!!!!! Thats how I see it is ORALISM MILITANT from most of you..

BIG BIG BIG SCOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alot of stories from CI radicals who are not being honest to any of us 100 percent.. Thats why I am against CI device no matter if you like it or not!

CI or HA are not the cure deafness that u are still legally deaf and have the problem with their audist attitude that you dont even realized you re hurting many d/Deaf chlidren out there because of your own denials or not being honest to yourself.

I do not need to depend on any devices that doesnt work out for me to fit into hearing community in this diversity world that I do not want to be continue forever .. I must advocate for our d/Deaf children s sake in their future before it get worse more and more.. ENUFF OF THIS BS.

I am not helpless that ppl asked for more and more and spend spend more money while hearing people are making a big buck that this socieety is not changing their attitude YET.

Sweetmind

heavy sighs.... there is no such thing about fears.. aww come on... its fact!!
i dont care whoever make choices in CI but HEY leave children alone dont assemble them until they learn how to make their choices... you sure dont want to end up find out how sorry you are when children are not happy because you change them into someone you want them to be..
it depends on some people due to their medical reasons.. possible good things.. but some people might have far more serious damages or growing all their life being deaf.. i couldnt explain.. what i am seeing is that some people cant accept who they are..
well like a person who just lost his hearing with in 30 yrs later its very understanding its his choice.. but early age of those children its very not wonderful idea to do it because children actually smart and they know how to make choices why not one of us just give them chance?see where they stand..
TRUE STORY one kid i know was being taken away because one teacher who quoted " i wish she can get cochlear implants" i asked her why is that/ she said because she can hear GOD SAKE this girl is only 6 yrs old.. not even her child.. after learned something going on in court judge actually asked this kid if she want that or just being with deaf wear hearing aids whateve rshe want.. she replied to judge i want to wear hearing aids when i want to.. JUdge gave her authority to make choices.. The lady lost her case....
get this picture...

FACT?? You want to talk *FACT*????

Off the top of my head, without digging up specific posts I can recall tonight reading the following in this forum:

1) CI implants are done by hammering at the skull with hammers and chilsels

2) CI implants cause brain cell loss

3) CI implants are highly dangerous because of meningitis (when the actual statistics show that less than .6% of implantees have contacted meningitis from the implantation procedure)

4) CI's are only for people who have never been hearing.

I could go on and on - So you say the fears stem from these "facts"?

okay you have gone too far
read this carefully... i am not one of those... lists you make you are being too ignorant...
i lost my hearing at two yrs old by my father s abuse with dog chain leash at two yrs old... now I have accepted that its my loss.. but hey i moved on..
later on i found out mom and dad secertly planned have me getting cochlear implants 15 yrs later guess what i told them they better get phucking out of my life and leave me be for who i am.. if they dont like who i am .. i dont give a damn.. I already accepted who i am.. i pity whoever dont accept for who they are..
you need to wake up someday... alot of people have choices its okay.. but dont ever tell me about lists..

FACT?? You want to talk *FACT*????

Off the top of my head, without digging up specific posts I can recall tonight reading the following in this forum:

1) CI implants are done by hammering at the skull with hammers and chilsels

2) CI implants cause brain cell loss

3) CI implants are highly dangerous because of meningitis (when the actual statistics show that less than .6% of implantees have contacted meningitis from the implantation procedure)

4) CI's are only for people who have never been hearing.

I could go on and on - So you say the fears stem from these "facts"?

CI radicals says :

CI doctor did make the bibical quotes that turns out too negative about deafness itself that had been removed by someone who saw my outspoken comments in other forums.. Guess what they took the Doctor s website down that ticks me off. How clever they are! They knew better than that for being lie about us. Guess what Boult took my freedom of speech with respect that he removed all of my post reply while the owner is out of town.. that I showed the fact that Doctor is actually saying that. Boult abused me badly for a long long time and has his own CI himself that shows me he is not honest to himself. Thats why I dont have any respect for him and dishonest while he s sitting at home and have a CI that should get his arse to find a job at that time.,

CI give the misinformation about our difference of deafness while they treat all d/Deaf children's harmful in Medical that is required to them.

Attacked from deafies with CI and audist attitude toward deaf people who doesnt believe in CI device itself.

Attacked from CI radical parents with audist attitude toward deaf people who disagree with them that they think CIers are functionally hearing that relates to all kind of deafness we have.

Attacked deafies in the chatroom that we are dumb and deaf.

CIer people with audist attitude that I can hear so it doesnt explain what s the defination of hear?

CI radicals and CIers bashed me all along for 8 years that I know the truth inside my whole heart that I wont letting anyone to get away with all that BS anymore..

CI Sherry aka DavisinTX with CI device did namcalled deaf community as Deaf Africa.. that is very racist and bigotry attitude.

Attacked people with ex HA and CI devices.. They want to share their bad painful with their ex HA or CI experiences.

and more to say but it s nuff to show the fact what other d/Deaf people and I have witnessed myself all along.

DEAF is no good Deafness is no good. ASL is no good. Deaf community is no good, and everything that relates is God damn no good that s what I m getting all those years until today's world..

You know what people have a serious mental problem about the deafness that allows ppl to tell you all that negative view of theirs and teach our d/Deaf children that those d/Deaf children are no good.

Ci radicals come here to push too far and make a big buck from the stockholder that Jake O Donnell had mentioned himself about it. Thats him and you CI radicals groups.

I feel sorry for you guys. YOu are so much fear about yourself and the deafness. I find this is a real opposite of mine.

I am proud of myself as a natural deaf person and use my hands to communicate with people who have such a wonderful attitude that they can communicate with me and shows their respect for me as a natural deaf person. Thank you! Yea Thank goodness we have ASL in our america that is an big opportunity to have the equal communication for both of us with no struggle.

Have a good night! ;)
Sweetmind

Last edited:
catzia said:
okay you have gone too far
read this carefully... i am not one of those... lists you make you are being too ignorant...
i lost my hearing at two yrs old by my father s abuse with dog chain leash at two yrs old... now I have accepted that its my loss.. but hey i moved on..
later on i found out mom and dad secertly planned have me getting cochlear implants 15 yrs later guess what i told them they better get phucking out of my life and leave me be for who i am.. if they dont like who i am .. i dont give a damn.. I already accepted who i am.. i pity whoever dont accept for who they are..
you need to wake up someday... alot of people have choices its okay.. but dont ever tell me about lists..

If you'd re-read what I said - I stated quite clearly that I *support* those who chose not to get implanted, for whatever reason. I ask that they in turn support my reason (and others) TO get implanted. Its a two way street, and sts those that sprout off propaganda out of fear of the unknown, and the inability to educate themselves that puzzle me.

Alright lets see if I can pick this apart....I'm only going to comment on the points that I can understand...

Attacked from deafies with CI and audist attitude toward deaf people who doesnt believe in CI device itself.

I said I fully respect and support the decision made by individuals who do not want to get an implant. That is their right. You don't have to USE a device to believe in it - and you can't deny the fact that it has improved the quality of life of countless individuals (myself as an example). To deny that or "not believe in it" simply feeds the fear. But points made by those who understand to those who fear the CI should not be construed as attacks, but simply attempts to educate those who don't know any better.

Attacked from CI radical parents with audist attitude toward deaf people who disagree with them that they think CIers are functionally hearing that relates to all kind of deafness we have.

See my previous comment.

You know what you have a {edited} about your own deafness that allows ppl to tell you all that negative view of theirs and teach our d/Deaf children that those d/Deaf children are no good.

{edited} I know I am deaf, I dealt with 23 years of deafness and there is no denying that. I didn't LIKE it, but I coped with it. I don't believe that being deaf makes my life easier or richer or improves it in any size or shape. I don't know a single hearing individual who would WANT to be deaf....so why does a deaf person who wants to be able to hear, in your eyes, mentally incapitated?

Ci radicals come here to push too far and make a big buck from the stockholder that Jake O Donnell had mentioned about it. Thats him and you CI radicals

This quote has me laughing too hard to formulate a response. Forgive me. I see it now - I'm only supporting CI's and saying that my CI has improved my quality of life because I'm here to make a buck for stockholders....if my calculations are correct I should have a check in the mail any minute! Where's my MONEY dammit? :naughty:

I feel sorry for you guys. YOu are so much fear about yourself and your deafness. i find this is a real opposite of mine.

As I stated above - I'm not afraid of my deafness. Its a biological fact that without my CI I can not hear. There's no reason to fear a fact. The difference between you and I is that I'm not afraid to take steps to rectify that in a way that works best for *me*. If you chose to remain profoundly deaf because you are happier that way then I will fight tooth and nail for your right to remain so.

I doubt, SEVERELY, that you would do the same for me.

(edited for typos - thats what I get for posting at 1:30 in the morning)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

Let's stick to the topic for which this thread implies without slandering, ridiculing or belittling the views expressed by others...bottom line, respect the views of others without any fingerpointing, insulting the opinions, views of others. It's fine to 'agree to disagree', but do so with RESPECT.

(There have been quite a number of good points, views and opinions throughout this thread-- ;) )

~RR

deafdyke said:
Srssoars, are you older? Yeah, there are "deafer then thou" types..... but I think that deaf culture is becoming more hoh friendly. A lot of Deaf folks undy that most of us didn't choose to speak only..... I can understand how that snotty sittuion came about b/c back in the old days a lot of oralists were kind of high and mighty about the fact that they didn't need sign. (and there are still some AG Bell types who are like that even today!)

Yea, nearly at the half century mark. I don't sign because of these attitudes. Rather, I never really had a need to and still don't. I don't parade as if I better or something. I put on my pants like everybody else. I prefer people get over it and let me be. I don't make demands of the deaf or anybody. I just like to understand the part of me that will always be true...somebody who is deaf but lives in another world. I'll say AD gives me that using a common language...written English.

Sweetmind said:
I can understand you were hearing which is fine with me.. I have no problem with that but people needs to see the difference between latened deaf and d/Deaf people s sides. I am kinda puzzled that you said HOH now hearing then I realized u are a latened deaf.. Thats explaination. You are giving me impression that you are HOH but it isnt. So why am I getting mixed messages at first? Thats why you give me the tigger tool? ;) I knew something is not right. Now it s clear up for me to understand where u coming from. Thats what I am afraid that ignorant and innocent people didnt realized what they are getting misinformation about latened deaf that cannot compare d/Deaf people s deafness if you mind.

Let's get one thing absolutely clear. I'm not late deafened. I never had 100% hearing in my entire life. As best as the experts could tell, I had maybe 75% in my right ear and 30% in my left ear when I was born. By the time I was five, I had maybe 10% or less in my left ear and I went to 50% in my right ear. I was fitted with a HA around 4 years old. I was shipped off to a deaf school for four years and then they decided I could be mainstreamed in a normal hearing school. There I stayed until I finished high school and on to college I went and graduated. During my early years through JH, I had to take gobs of speech therapy so I could speak like normal hearing people. It was hard work but it paid off. Academically, I did just fine but socially it was very difficult because I didn't fit really anywhere and I wasn't sure myself (this is my pain of which I spoke of earlier). Once, I decided that I was hearing, everything fell into place for me.

Fast forward to recent years, my hearing got so bad after slowing declining over the years that I knew I was either try a CI or be truly deaf. I'm too bound to the hearing world so my choice was easy...get a CI. I haven't looked back since. Now, I will clarify another misconception with some people. Just because I have a CI, I know I don't have 100% hearing and I don't make the mistake of being a true hearing person. It is probably something like close to 95% where speech is concerned but 90% (and less for certain sounds) for non speech sounds that normal people can hear. I do know that my CI is worlds better than any HA I had in my life when it comes to speech. I had people come to me and told me my speech dramatically improved within weeks after getting my CI. That is mainly due to hearing my self better (hearing and speech are a feedback loop).

What is so difficult for you to grasp that there are some of us HOH (now Deaf) types that can hear and speak like a normal hearing person. I do know that I'm not the only one either. Perhaps, there aren't many that can do this...I have no idea. All I know that I have an affinity for understanding language and it works for me and I get along just fine in the hearing world. Does this mean that the deaf world is trash? Heck no! Why would I bother being in AD? I've enjoyed learning about the deaf community and give back what I can in terms of encouragement in a variety of ways. Why harass me about sign/ASL? I don't harass anybody here that they have to speak with me if they don't want to or can't. This forum uses standard written English and that is all that matters. If I were to be interfacing with the deaf who mostly use sign/ASL, then I would have a reason to learn it to make communication easier for everybody. As it stands now, there isn't one for me.

me_punctured said:
Have you read "Genie: A Scientific Tragedy" by Russ Rymer? It's a heartbreaking story.
Pretty stunning! Sorry to say, but that is one book I shall never read. Too depressing. I hope somewhere, she's doing okay in a nuturing environment.

I am thoroughly, intensely, and quite feebly resisting making any comment in this thread.

Other than this one, of course.

Back