Cochlear Implant REMOVAL surgeries qq

Foxrac recently had his CI removed, due to severe headaches....He's fine now.

I can't have MRI. My doctor is having trouble detecting a tumor in my brain because Cat Scan is not clear. They don't know what to do. I wish I knew that I am not allowed to have MRI before I got Cochlear Implant.

I can't have MRI. My doctor is having trouble detecting a tumor in my brain because Cat Scan is not clear. They don't know what to do. I wish I knew that I am not allowed to have MRI before I got Cochlear Implant.

They have much simpler procedures than removing the entire CI to just remove thee magnet part and then reinsert it. Also, depending on the brand of CI and the strength of the MRI in some cases a wrapping can be used to keep the internal magnet in place. Talk to the surgeon that did you CI.

Do anyone here know of any cases where a CI implant was actually removed from the CI implantee due to headaches or whatever that might be annoying to the implantee qq

IS it possible to have the implant removed from the implantee at all qq
I’m scheduled for CI removal surgery next month. I have regular MRI scans because of neurological problems (not related to ci). I love being deaf. Peace

Back