Cochlear implant intervention.

society's_child

Reaction score
Omg, I spotted this on Youtube...just had to share. It's a bit long but quite funny.

@ Mods: please move to the correct forum if needed. :ty:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkiRSMzv_TQ]YouTube - The Intervention show of deaf guy, parent want him get cochlar implant..[/ame]

Disclaimer: there may or may not be some bad language in there somewhere. If so, my apologies...I don't know asl curse words.

This is AWESOME!!! This guy is extremely creative! Also, there are some truths to the message. What's the link to this so I can share with my deaf friends?

I laughed so hard!!!! This guy did an awesome job! LOL!!

This seems hilarious to me! Wish I knew more ASL (or at least need to slow down the video!) in order to understand everything. I really think I am cheating when I "understand" ASL, because the people I talk to usually mouth the words, so I can lipread them easily. The guy in the video does NOT mouth the words at all, thus making it much harder for me.

This seems hilarious to me! Wish I knew more ASL (or at least need to slow down the video!) in order to understand everything. I really think I am cheating when I "understand" ASL, because the people I talk to usually mouth the words, so I can lipread them easily. The guy in the video does NOT mouth the words at all, thus making it much harder for me.

Yep, he is what the Deaf community calls "strong ASL".
How much of it were u able to understand?
If anyone wants, I can type a script but it might take me time..let me know. :)

Yep, I believe we had this discussion regarding the mouthing of words in ASL awhile back. Pure ASL uses certain mouthed morphemes, such as the "pah" morpheme, but not the mouth movements associated with a particular word.

I love using that one. I believe it's the first morpheme I ever learned.

It certainly does express a lot, doesn't it?:giggle: Don't have any stats to back it up, but I would say it is the most frequently used and most universally understood of all the morphemes.

Please do!...I understood most of it...but when "Kook-Aide" went out to smoke a ciggy...I couldn't understand what he was saying...(too dark). Could you?

That video was hilarious. Reminded me a tad bit of Tom Neville.

Sure! It would be great if I could get a script! I got the gist of most of the conversation, but I would def learn new signs if you could fill in the gaps, especially from the "interventee". He went way too fast for me.

That video was hilarious. Reminded me a tad bit of Tom Neville.

I was thinking of that and wondering if he is copying Tom Neville. I think Tom Neville is much better because he is so skinny that he can wear women's clothes. And those wigs! This poor guy had to make do with what he has.

Back