Cochlear Implant Forums

I have a question for anyone using the Cochlear n7 and disposable batteries: Do you find after 5-10 mins with disposable batteries the n7 shuts down, complaining "battery empty"? The first couple of years never had this problem but the last 6 months or so that is all it does. The processor has been replaced, battery holder replaced, all brands of batteries tried and it still does it. So annoying. On the other hand, the rechargeable batteries do not cause any problems. So weird.

I have a question for anyone using the Cochlear n7 and disposable batteries: Do you find after 5-10 mins with disposable batteries the n7 shuts down, complaining "battery empty"? The first couple of years never had this problem but the last 6 months or so that is all it does. The processor has been replaced, battery holder replaced, all brands of batteries tried and it still does it. So annoying. On the other hand, the rechargeable batteries do not cause any problems. So weird.

I use #675 batteries for a hearing aid and I have read of people that have gotten a hold of that version when they really wanted the version for a CI. You might want to double check for that if your disposable CI batteries are numbered 675

I traced the problem to the battery cover. It is made of soft plastic and there is a ridge inside that applies pressure against the two batteries but being soft plastic it wears down after a few years and less pressure against the batteries is applied as a result.

Back