Cochlear Implant Forums

ClearSky

Reaction score
Hello,

Could someone please recommend me to some active cochlear implant forum?

Well this is pretty active. There's Hearing Exchange, but that place is DEAD.(eg one or two posts every couple of days. We get more traffic here in a single day, then they do in a month! .....Have you tried the SHHH boards?

Well this is pretty active. There's Hearing Exchange, but that place is DEAD.(eg one or two posts every couple of days. We get more traffic here in a single day, then they do in a month! .....Have you tried the SHHH boards?

That's because people here are more fun and interesting with all the variety of topics. In that other forum there is nothing to talk about but how one can hear. Gets old fast!

There are some great online forums and chats for cochlear implants.

1. http://www.hearingjourney.com/index.cfm?langid=1 Hearing journey for Advanced Bionics. It also have a ci chat.

2. www.myhearingloss.org Hearing loss association of America has a chat online as well. They also have message boards.

3. HearingExchange - Hearing Loss Blog and Resource Community for Deaf and Hard of Hearing People, Families and Professionals Has information that is very useful.

4. An aggregator I enjoy is Deaf Village It contains blogs of all type, ci, family, cue, ASL

5. An aggregator Deaf Blogs and Vlogs - DeafRead

6. CI circle for Cochlear has an message board as well. Discussion groups

7. I am not sure of med el

If I think of anymore I will post it.

Thank you. That's why I asked because I figure some of the forums are not as active as before. Even the YORK Forum is not so active.

I'll try some of the ones suggested. I know there's discussion here, but I don't like discussing CI Vs. ASL approach much.

You might take a look at CIHear on Yahoo Groups -- a very active list that provides excellent information and support.

You might also try the Nucleus Forum. Just go to http://www.cochlearamericas.com and click on the link that reads, "Community Connections." On the next page, click the link that reads, "Nucleus Forum."

For some reason the listservs tend to be very popular. I don't really think that this place is nessarily ASL vs. CI approach. There's a lot of debate about that, but there's also a lot of info abt CIs here too.

it doesn't matter about ASL Vs CI. Many Adult CI with ASL still. If I receive a CI. I will still use ASL. CI is still deaf!

exactly...just as many hoh with HA people still use Sign, deaf with CI people will still use Sign.

What are you guys talking about? I didn't give no opinion on anything. All I asked for were some forums about CI besides AD. I feel that this forum is full of discussions about CI, ASL, raising a child, best school for them, etc. Too much drama for me.

All I said is that I am not much into discussing or debating about what the right aproach to a deaf child or whatever debate there is going on ASL, oral, etc. That's why I wanted to seek out maybe a more serious forum that has more info about CI. That focuses more on CI.

What are you guys talking about? I didn't give no opinion on anything. All I asked for were some forums about CI besides AD. I feel that this forum is full of discussions about CI, ASL, raising a child, best school for them, etc. Too much drama for me.

All I said is that I am not much into discussing or debating about what the right aproach to a deaf child or whatever debate there is going on ASL, oral, etc. That's why I wanted to seek out maybe a more serious forum that has more info about CI. That focuses more on CI.

Hmmm, I'm confused....how can you not have the best approach for the child as regards a CI? I thought all points, research, etc went hand in hand and a good, viable decision reached on the other side?

Anyway, do you want a CI forum in which there is no debate, no disagreeing, etc, allowed? If so, I don't know that there's any such place, altho some do come close....

I don't create this thread. I just read people's posts. Blah Blah. I don't read the link from someone else. I don't give a crap. I just nodding. CI can still use sign language. It doesn't matter. I know hearing parents are wrong to force CI children for not use sign language. Doctors told parents that child doesn't need to use a sign.. I know it's wrong. The important is use sign and speak both instead of oral without sign. I don't care what deaf people think if I receive a CI in future. I want to hear. I will never stop use ASL.

No, I just don't want to argue what's best for a deaf child or when one should have a CI, or what language to raise a deaf child on.

I want more mature topics that talks more about the CI, their stories, more techie topics about CI.

Okay. I agree with you. I don't want to argue about these either. I like to be mature topic too. I wish for people to be open-minded about CI and Hearing parents can be open-minded about sign language with CI. You know I mean?

No, I just don't want to argue what's best for a deaf child or when one should have a CI, or what language to raise a deaf child on.

I want more mature topics that talks more about the CI, their stories, more techie topics about CI.

How did this thread get to this? I thought a list of forums or blogs for more info on CIs. Who knows.

The debate over education, ASL, deaf, Deaf, and etc....is everywhere. I find that in Hearing Journey(Advanced Bionics) it mostly focuses on questions and suggestions. It is a useful place. Any type of place like alldeaf, you are going to get more debates. CI is a hot topic and everyone has an opinion. This type of debate does wear on you. I have slowly stepped away from this forum. I get a lot of my information elsewhere. I still read it from time to time, but there are other places to go. I don't feel the need to explain myself anymore. I am right at a year since surgery, I don't for one minute second guess myself. I love each moment with my bilateral CIs.

So Good luck and hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Yes, that's the type I am looking for mature topic about questions and suggestions or new updates on CI technology or stories! It doesn't matter what type of CI they have. I like to hear about them all.

I don't look at this threat too often because of the heated debates.

Thank you for the suggested forums. If anyone have any forums to suggest, please let me know. Thank you!:ty:

Oh so you're more looking for sites that are more "Mac User style but for CIs? I can undy that, although I do know that a lot of times, those sorts of sites have a lot of discussion about various and sundry debates. I guess its b/c you can only discuss CIs in a "Mac User" way so many times before it becomes kinda old hat. Actually, why don't you start some threads that you'd like to see?

Have you Tried Yahoo! groups?

Google Yahoo! groups, type in Cochlear in search box, there is a list of different groups.

I am with the CIUG 2004 it's uk only website.

I am sure there's plenty of others.

first time on here.and what i've read i cannot understand. i had my c/i implant on
jan:18th this year switch on the 6th march since then i have not looked back. it is the best thing that has happend to me for years.i began to live again and would hate to be without it.

If you have the Cochlear's CI's (freedom etc) their list is good.

Also someone said try Yahoo groups, the one I have read in the past is called simply CI The groups can be very good if you are looking to interact with people who have Ci's. they can be very valuable to bounce questions off of if you are having a particular problem and wondering if anyone else has dealt with that problem and what they did. i have gotten some good ideas from them. For instance, bumping down the sensitivity can actually help with clarity in situations that are fairly noisy (car for one) That helped me alot. So they can be well worth reading and learning from.

With Yahoo you could just sign up to read it on line if you don't want lots of email. I actually just divert it to a folder then either read it or just delete if.

Have fun. :)

Back