Cochlear Implant Experiences

Jennifer_S_H

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Jennifer, and I am a student at McGill University in Montreal, Canada. For one of my psychology courses, I have chosen to research cochlear implants and the controversy that surrounds them. In doing so, I have read a lot of perspectives on the issue, and learned a lot about Deaf culture.
However, I strongly believe that there are some things that statistics, text books and research articles don't tell you. That is why I am here. I wanted to get to know some people who have had experiences with these issues first hand, because I think I have a lot to learn from them.

If you have chosen to receive or not to receive a CI, or you have a friend, child, etc. who has or does not have one, and you would be willing to tell me about your story, your opinions, experiences and ideas, I would be very grateful. I want to know why you think cochlear implants are a good or a bad thing, and anything else related to deafness and CI's that you think I shoudl know. Please PM me or reply to this ad, or feel free to email me at mermaidjenny@hotmail.com, if you would be willing to share with me.
Thank you very much! Have a good day
Jennifer PS Thanks to those who have already written to me!

Back