CNN Poll: Obama approval up in wake of health care victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
The incumbent wins more times than not in presidential races. The recent exception was the first Bush, who was a better president than his son ever was.

Yep. Not only poll results to support a rise in support, but laws of probability on his side.

Go back and read the posts. Talks about his approval rating (over healthcare) and that in turn became a discussion on his 2012 prospect because of his approval rating. It's all within the scope of the discussion. That is the 2012 re-election. Even you participated in that discussion, Jiro.

You need to go back and read the article. It DOES NOT say that his approval over health care has risen. It says that his overall approval rating has risen, and that since it occurred after the bill was sent through, it can be assumed that the bill passage had an impact.:roll:

Excuse me??? .....'time and time again"??? ..what the hell...I've posted about three time in last 3 months (post ban).
Hyperbole????? me thinks so.
can you speak without hyperbolic exageration please.
and yes...it's hard to follow a thread.. use ignore and you still get the related quoted replies. hence I get bored with the idiocy and lack of integrity.
do ya'all think I really want to spend my time reading materials which lack integrity.
Hey, I am NOT a EXTREMIST. I can analyze and deduct and use my brain.
Yes, I stand by my word. LOCKSTEPPERS ARE VERY BORING PEOPLE. THEY LACK THE ABILITY TO ANALYZE AND THINK ON THIER OWN.
You all just don't get it. You lock yourself into other peoples thinking.
Riddle me this. If you ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS ...follow the party line, then where in all of this are you developing your mind. The mind requires free thought to develop. SMH. VERY SIMPLE.

If you are bored then why are you reading this discussion or commenting on it with that type of talk?

Honestly,

.....everywhere I look I am seeing some people left and right just putting people down, JUST because they do not agree with their perspective or opinions, or think they have a hard on for a certain person in particular, or whatever the case may be.

If you don't like a certain person or persons.....you do have the right to hit the 'IGNORE' feature....instead of going after them time and time again. Just makes you look bad.

Now back on topic....

I still will wait and see...how this will come out in the next few years.....I did not vote for Obama...but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Excuse me??? ....."time and time again"??? What the hell?..I've posted about three times in last 3 months (post ban).
Can you speak without hyperbolic exaggeration please?
And yes...it's hard to follow a thread.. Use ignore and you still get the related quoted replies. Hence, I get bored with the idiocy and lack of integrity.
Do y'all think I really want to spend my time reading materials which lack integrity?
Yes, I stand by my word. LOCK-STEPPERS ARE VERY BORING PEOPLE. THEY LACK THE ABILITY TO ANALYZE AND THINK ON THEIR OWN.
You (all) just don't get it. You lock yourself into other people's thinking.
Riddle me this. If you ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS follow the party line, then how are you developing your mind. The mind requires free thought to develop. SMH. VERY SIMPLE.

You have a pretty broad definition of "lockstepper".....You accused me of following the party line too. Which party is that exactly since I am an independent????? LOL.

By the way, I corrected your post. Not that I am perfect of course. But I don't comment on the idiocy of other posters either. Even if I think it. :)

Last edited:

If you are bored then why are you reading this discussion or commenting on it with that type of talk?

Honestly,

.....everywhere I look I am seeing some people left and right just putting people down, JUST because they do not agree with their perspective or opinions, or think they have a hard on for a certain person in particular, or whatever the case may be.

If you don't like a certain person or persons.....you do have the right to hit the 'IGNORE' feature....instead of going after them time and time again. Just makes you look bad.

Now back on topic....

I still will wait and see...how this will come out in the next few years.....I did not vote for Obama...but I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Please see my comments in the red below.

Excuse me??? .....'time and time again"??? ..what the hell...I've posted about three time in last 3 months (post ban).

My first bolded and colored statement, in the first quote box containing my post, was directed to you.

The second bolded statement. Was not directed at you, but some people. A general statement.

But, since you felt to respond to my comment, and seemingly with a bit of nastiness, I feel I should point out some things.

18 times from the start of the year til March 30th. That's 3 months. Out of the 18 threads, 11 threads have your comments which is directed to a certain person in particular, each comment bordered on verbal assault and slander towards this person. In the other 7 threads, your comments, are crass and uncaring, and rude regarding the topic in discussion.

The way your comments are worded, which to me seems rude, looks like you're verbally abusive and condenscending to others.

You are saying that I am exaggerating? If so can you explain to me why in the last 3 months you have posted 11 times, all within each thread started by one person OR has a post in it by that person?

can you speak without hyperbolic exageration please.

Hyperbole and exaggeration are synonyms for each other, no such thing as Hyperbolic exaggeration. Just one or the other will suffice.(Someone please correct me if I am wrong on this statement.)

and here is my statement, without exaggeration:

Again and again, I am seeing some people going after a particular individual or individuals, just because they disagree with the person or person's views, and opinions, or because they believe the person in question or persons in question, has a hard on for certain figures in the government, or corporation, or organisation, or etc.

That is not an exaggeration.

and yes...it's hard to follow a thread.. use ignore and you still get the related quoted replies. hence I get bored with the idiocy and lack of integrity.

You do realize that word 'idiocy' is an offensive term meaning extreme lack of intelligence or foresight. You are basically saying they are stupid and have no common sense. Just for having a passion for their views or opinions, whether they are stilted or not, by our perceptions.

do ya'all think I really want to spend my time reading materials which lack integrity.

Then why do you respond with snide comments and crass words? Ignore it and move on? There ARE other forums to look at. Not just this one.

Yes, I stand by my word. LOCKSTEPPERS ARE VERY BORING PEOPLE. THEY LACK THE ABILITY TO ANALYZE AND THINK ON THIER OWN.

You are entitled to your opinion. It does not give you the right however, to say it in a way to make the person or persons involved in a debate on this site, feel inferior.

You all just don't get it. You lock yourself into other peoples thinking.

If that was the case there would be groups of followers, who lock into other people's thinking. I don't see that at all, I see unique people, with different views, expressing themselves, open to debate, without discrimination, put down's, name calling, and certainly noone is going around being nasty with words. If they are, it gets nipped in the bud by the moderators or Alex.

Riddle me this. If you ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS ...follow the party line, then where in all of this are you developing your mind. The mind requires free thought to develop. SMH. VERY SIMPLE.

My mind is developing, at my own pace, in neutrality. I see both sides, or three sides or four. I choose no side but my own, however, I would never force someone to accept my views, I say my piece and that's it. I follow everything for a reason, I'm not placing myself up shit's creek without a paddle without knowing what could/would occur. I learn through living life and learning from my mistakes.

If you cannot say it nicely, without being condenscending or crass to others, don't say anything at all. Feel free to correct me on anything I have written.

I do not know who you are, but you are entitled to tell me I am wrong in my perception of your comment.

If I am wrong in my perceptions of your comment, I would hope others will tell me so, and in what way. NICELY.

Indeed.

Remember, Txgolfer, of that cartoon of lemmings going over a healthcare cliff while "LOLing" at the people standing watching them run? I speak my mind and look for common sense approaches, not radicalism nor stupidity.

Now that Obama okayed offshore drilling, I expect his ratings to climb even further. Hmmmm.

Probably.....Brilliant campaign strategy......leadership? Not so much.

Probably.....Brilliant campaign strategy......leadership? Not so much.

I will defend to the death your right to insane opinions. :lol:

Last edited:
Well you would think if he were sincere he would open up drilling in area that wer more likely to be successfu and where the most research has already been done.....

IF he proves sincere I will give him credit for doing it. My prediction, In 2012 NE will be the only area that has been opened and Obama will run on we tried it your way and failed. Feel free to make your own prediction and clip and save this one.

People are complete morons to think that just by opening up ofshore exploration and drilling will mean instant oil flow and a reduction in gas prices this year. It'll take several years for something to take effect.

Well you would think if he were sincere he would open up drilling in area that wer more likely to be successfu and where the most research has already been done.....

IF he proves sincere I will give him credit for doing it. My prediction, In 2012 NE will be the only area that has been opened and Obama will run on we tried it your way and failed. Feel free to make your own prediction and clip and save this one.

Obama cannot please everyone. I prefer to live without a bitter taste in my mouth so I do not worry about it.

Obama cannot please everyone. I prefer to live without a bitter taste in my mouth so I do not worry about it.

I am not bitter at all. I have a daughter....I will soon have grandchildren. I want them to live in an America that says if you work hard we will get out of your way and let you enjoy the fruits of your labor. If you run on hard times we will help you get going again. An America that believes it's people are good and will come to the aid of those in need. Not an America that believes it's people are without compassion and must be forced to provide for those in need.

I am not bitter at all. I have a daughter....I will soon have grandchildren. I want them to live in an America that says if you work hard we will get out of your way and let you enjoy the fruits of your labor. If you run on hard times we will help you get going again. An America that believes it's people are good and will come to the aid of those in need. Not an America that believes it's people are without compassion and must be forced to provide for those in need.

I did not mean to imply that you were bitter.
Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back