Cleveland Protest

CrazyPaul

Reaction score
Oh no, there is another protest.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/24/us/cleveland-police-verdict-reaction/index.html

I understand that Officer Michael Brelo was acquitted of manslaughter through the trial. I disagree with the judge's decision. I still don't understand why they protest while the DOJ is investigating it. Why can't they wait until they hear what DOJ will say after the federal investigation is done? SMH

By looking at his face, I know that he doesn't care about black lives that matter so that's why he jumped on the hood and shot 15 times like one of the corrupted cops (killers) when the driver and passenger had no weapons.

I still worry that any protests turn violent around the Quicken Loans Arena which Cavs-Hawks playoff game tonight. I won't be postpone date if riot will be worse. I hope more police security near arena.

I still worry that any protests turn violent around the Quicken Loans Arena which Cavs-Hawks playoff game tonight. I won't be postpone date if riot will be worse. I hope more police security near arena.
I know. If there is a good leader for black people like MLK, s/he would say "Let the federal investigators take care of it so we must wait until we know that the officer's being charged or not.".

The officer must have a good reason to jump on the hood and shoot 15 times. His reason is fear which he failed to prove that two guys made death threats. The judge made a wrong decision and therefore he will go down.

Oh no, there is another protest.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/24/us/cleveland-police-verdict-reaction/index.html

I understand that Officer Michael Brelo was acquitted of manslaughter through the trial. I disagree with the judge's decision. I still don't understand why they protest while the DOJ is investigating it. Why can't they wait until they hear what DOJ will say after the federal investigation is done? SMH

By looking at his face, I know that he doesn't care about black lives that matter so that's why he jumped on the hood and shot 15 times like one of the corrupted cops (killers) when the driver and passenger had no weapons.

It is their right to protest whatever they want.

It is their right to protest whatever they want.
Yes, but they can wait until the federal investigation is done. So far 71 people have been arrested for blocking the road, etc. The key is patience.

Yes, but they can wait until the federal investigation is done. So far 71 people have been arrested for blocking the road, etc. The key is patience.

That's not my problem.

It is between protesters and cops.

The cops laugh all the way to the bank during these protests. Tons of overtime. :D

It isn't true in some police departments that where cities or counties have fixed budget that pay salary (overtime isn't counted if you have salary) to police officers.
Yeah, same with USPS management, they don't get OT pay for working over 8 hours a day. Even the night supervisors are required to attend a staff meeting during daytime (no OT pay) since it's part of their jobs.

The city of Cleveland has reached a settlement with the Justice Department over what federal authorities said was a pattern of unconstitutional policing and excessive use of force, people briefed on the case said Monday.

The details of the settlement were not immediately clear. In similar negotiations in recent years, the Justice Department has insisted that cities allow independent monitors to oversee changes inside police departments.

The city of Cleveland has reached a settlement with the Justice Department over what federal authorities said was a pattern of unconstitutional policing and excessive use of force, people briefed on the case said Monday.

The details of the settlement were not immediately clear. In similar negotiations in recent years, the Justice Department has insisted that cities allow independent monitors to oversee changes inside police departments.
Link? Is DOJ still investigating the incident or not?

The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and Cleveland leaders hosted a joint press conference today to announce a settlement.

Read full DOJ settlement with Cleveland on link

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/inde..._jackson_justice_de_1.html#incart_maj-story-1
Alright, thanks for the link. What about Officer Brelo? Isn't he being investigated by DOJ at all?

When I made this thread, I read that DOJ would be investigating it. CNN updated it so the info was no longer there. :hmm:

Alright, thanks for the link. What about Officer Brelo? Isn't he being investigated by DOJ at all?

I don't know about him. I'll find out later.

Church leaders around Cleveland planned a handful of protests and events today about him.

I think this thread is about Cleveland Show.

theclevelandshow_main.jpg

My bad.

Back