Clear voicemail icon in blackberry?

golflover

Reaction score
I currently have blackberry 8700g. Just happened to me awhile ago when a voicemail icon appears on my BB. Tried everything to get it it OFF on BB screen. Still there so finally gave up and am asking anyone that knows how to clear/delete/remove voicemail icon (shown on top upper left) on blackberry? Help is much appreciated!

BigD

The only way I know to get rid of it is to call voicemail and then hang up. It will be gone or go thru your email to open it up.

My real estate know how to get rid of it but she hasnt shown me how yet.

I do know how get off on my SK but I believe you need to call your BB's number and call that thru VRS and get the message then delete. Good luck!

The only way I know to get rid of it is to call voicemail and then hang up. It will be gone or go thru your email to open it up.

My real estate know how to get rid of it but she hasnt shown me how yet.

Tried that way but didn't work.

Followed someone's advice, I tried calling voicemail and once its connected, I put *7 and hang up. Nothing works. :mad:

I do know how get off on my SK but I believe you need to call your BB's number and call that thru VRS and get the message then delete. Good luck!

I can try this way but I want a simple and fast way to make the icon disappear without using VRS. Hmmmm....

You can but you have to listen to the option..can you hear the phone?

And I think it'll charge you. That's why I used VRS and did not pay a penny. :)

I can try this way but I want a simple and fast way to make the icon disappear without using VRS. Hmmmm....

You can but you have to listen to the option..can you hear the phone?

And I think it'll charge you. That's why I used VRS and did not pay a penny. :)

Nah, I am profound deaf. Thank God! ;-) I will hold on with your instruction later. I just wanted a quick way to eliminate the icon, ya know.

Call your carrier and ask them to turn off voice mail. I've done it for 2 different carriers (T- Mobile and Sprint) and botn times it disappeared within hours.

Call your carrier and ask them to turn off voice mail. I've done it for 2 different carriers (T- Mobile and Sprint) and botn times it disappeared within hours.

Done my magic! Didn't call T-mo... If the voice mail icon appears on your BB, then you may need to wait 2 to 3 weeks. Then call voicemail and wait about 10 to 15 seconds and press 7 and wait maybe 5 more seconds and hang it up. You will notice the icon disappearing on your BB. However, if it persists on my BB then I will need to call T-mo to stop the annoying icon on my BB! :cool:

It happened to me before. I decided to call T-mobile and asked them to block the voicemail since I am deaf. So, they took care of it and never happened again ever since.

It happened to me before. I decided to call T-mobile and asked them to block the voicemail since I am deaf. So, they took care of it and never happened again ever since.
via 8700g~

Some gave you their advices which you can't solved it.

Golflover, look at what Redhead accurately answered your issue that solution! As same my hearing friend told me and her advice that I need to call t mobile to put the blocked VoiceMail like RedHead said. Its actually worked to block the voicemail. No longer vm icon on my bb for rest of lifetimes. :)

Trust redhead's advice.

Good Luck!

via 8700g~

Golflover, look at what Redhead accurately answered your issue that solution! As same my hearing friend told me and her advice that I need to call t mobile to put the blocked VoiceMail like RedHead said. Its actually worked to block the voicemail. No longer vm icon on my bb for rest of lifetimes. :)

Trust redhead's advice.

Good Luck!
;) Thanks

via 8700g~

Trust redhead's advice.

Good Luck!

I wonder if anyone has any luck with Sprint because my wife got a few voicemails on her BBY and she hasn't given ph nbr to ANYONE because shes DEAF! Sprint told me they don't have ability to block incoming calls...that doesn't sound right.

I wonder if anyone has any luck with Sprint because my wife got a few voicemails on her BBY and she hasn't given ph nbr to ANYONE because shes DEAF! Sprint told me they don't have ability to block incoming calls...that doesn't sound right.
I bet the sprint gave the 3rd party the customers' numbers without their knowledge.

Call them again and ask them to stop the voice mail, not the calls. They can do that. They did it for me.

via 8700g~

Navyman, Ah.. Impossbile! Yes you are right that doesn't sound right. I respect that your wife admire Sprint service. Navy, you try to call Sprint again. Tell them, just shut the voicemail down from BB and no add any voicemail on BB in future at all.

Good Luck
via 8700g~

Redhead, you are so welcome!

Back