Cinnabon Experts Please Chime in

a l i v e

posts from hell
Reaction score
Now I have inherited a bunch of them canned cinnamon rolls, almost like Pilsbury but all natural (Immaculate Bakery). How you may ask. I got it from a store that was tossing out expired items. It's dated 8/15/14. Now obviously it's 17 days past expiration date.

Good or no?

good, expiration dates are just when the stores have to rid of them. I belive you have a couple months to use them still (3 to 6 months) ?

good, expiration dates are just when the stores have to rid of them. I belive you have a couple months to use them still (3 to 6 months) ?

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Thats why they're in the freezer now. Also the cheese too. Got a bunch as well. I figure with cheese they already age them for a long time so a couple more weeks/days should only enhance the flavor.

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Thats why they're in the freezer now. Also the cheese too. Got a bunch as well. I figure with cheese they already age them for a long time so a couple more weeks/days should only enhance the flavor.

Some friends of mine, they lived in Germany for awhile and England, most don't have fridges there. They got accustomed to all sorts of crap (warm beer...ect...
They have moldy cheese and just cut the mold off and then eat away with no ill effect... yeah, cheese is aged, covered in mold or manure ( blue cheese actually has mold in it .... so depends on type, its edible... Me, I love cheese, but when it gets moldy...Im done with it, in the trash...lol
Just be cautious not to make yourself sick. There is a wealth of info online, just educate yourself.

I was watching an old movie and people where eating cheese and a little boy put some under a microscope and had his grandpa look at it and the guy spit his cheese out of his mouth . I wish I could think name of the movie b/c it's a funny one. I will never look at cheese under a microscope
asking seeing that movie . LOL!

If it's "all natural" then it doesn't have all the preservatives that your run of the mill processed foods have in them. Just saying

If it's "all natural" then it doesn't have all the preservatives that your run of the mill processed foods have in them. Just saying

That is why I do not buy orange cheese , cows do not have orange milk.

That is why I do not buy orange cheese , cows do not have orange milk.

The color is due to the aging, cheese isn't exactly white (except goat cheese), it is yellowish, but so faint you don't notice it...sorry to burst your bubble...lol

Wow. Never thought of preservatives in such a long time. After reading this post I went and read the label closely since a batch is baking right now. It says "Better if used by date on the package".

I have good feelings about this. I'll report back if there are any consequences.

Wow. Never thought of preservatives in such a long time. After reading this post I went and read the label closely since a batch is baking right now. It says "Better if used by date on the package".

I have good feelings about this. I'll report back if there are any consequences.

aw hell, youre good for a long while yet...
What is the Definition of "Use By Date"? Food Expiration & Shelf Life

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/features/do-food-expiration-dates-matter

When all the kids lived at home they ate everything so we never had to worry about throwing away old food. Now we tend to buy smaller quantities since it's just the two of us.

It really depends on what the food is on how far I will push that "used by date". Dairy products I am careful with. My mother-in-law would freeze their milk. Buy in larger quantities when the weather was bad.

With these canned cinnamon rolls, if they look good after you bake them...yummy!!

I had a gallon of milk recently that was still good for up to 15 days after the sell by date. Of course, I took a sniff each time I opened it to make sure before pouring it into my glass.

I had a gallon of milk recently that was still good for up to 15 days after the sell by date. Of course, I took a sniff each time I opened it to make sure before pouring it into my glass.

Im lactose intolerant, and milk..either it be fresh or old it stinks to me, I hate milk, I despise it, I will beat someone to death with a gallon of milk that is the only usefulness of milk to me.

Im lactose intolerant, and milk..either it be fresh or old it stinks to me, I hate milk, I despise it, I will beat someone to death with a gallon of milk that is the only usefulness of milk to me.
Well, I guess we'll just have to part our ways. :wave: :lol:

I'm a milk drinker, through and through.

I will judge a restaurant by when they serve me my milk. I will say "with the meal", but don't expect them to carry it out with the plate(s) of food, but want it brought to me either just before the food or very soon after the food is served.

Back