CID Reunion

It is, but it seems like most people here were either mainstreamed or went to TC schools for the deaf.

I may go but who knows? I have visited CID as prospective student and I am even listed on their alumni list while I never went to classes there at all.. just there few days as prospective student and ended up going to ASD in Little Rock, Ark. I may have been student at CID afterall if I never visited ASD beforehand.

Boult said:
I may go but who knows? I have visited CID as prospective student and I am even listed on their alumni list while I never went to classes there at all.. just there few days as prospective student and ended up going to ASD in Little Rock, Ark. I may have been student at CID afterall if I never visited ASD beforehand.
When did you visit CID as a prospective student?

I went to CID in 1977 but left in 1979. I asked them to add me to alumni group but never get their newsletter or anything.

I may go to some events - Im not a big fan of CID, having gone through some pretty heavy stuff then, however, I do enjoy seeing old friends. As long as Miss W aint there, Im ok...heh heh.

Reduas said:
I went to CID in 1977 but left in 1979. I asked them to add me to alumni group but never get their newsletter or anything.
PM me if you want me to inform CIDAA to add you to their list.

I was there from 1977 - 1989. :D

Let me help you little.... DreamDeaf was student at CID.... she is not exciting about CID reunion but I already met several classmates of her around here.

I not remmy how long she been there... I think she was there for 6 years...

I went to CID when I was a little kid... 1978 to 1981. (I think?)

MizzDeaf said:
Let me help you little.... DreamDeaf was student at CID.... she is not exciting about CID reunion but I already met several classmates of her around here.

I not remmy how long she been there... I think she was there for 6 years...
Ah, I understand that some are not excited about CID reunion. I have a few friends who are not going for sure because of their bad experiences there. I understand. so no problem. Thanks for letting me know. :hug:

VamPyroX said:
I went to CID when I was a little kid... 1978 to 1981. (I think?)
You did?? Hrm... how come I could not recognize you? :dunno:

Were you in "middle" school or "upper" school during any of these years?

ChelEler said:
Wow. Only four years before I came to CID.
yeah and that time there was only one building to go to as it is like "all in one" from admin. offices floor to dorm floor then fast forward to present, it has more than 1 buildings on CID campus! that's why I didn't want to go to CID in 73 and went to ASD in ARK because of beautiful landscape (rolling green hills with woods) and multiples buildings :D unfortunately I didn't last longer than a year at ASD. I quit after 3 months from Fall to winter break and I got out before my life got worse there.

Boult said:
yeah and that time there was only one building to go to as it is like "all in one" from admin. offices floor to dorm floor then fast forward to present, it has more than 1 buildings on CID campus! that's why I didn't want to go to CID in 73 and went to ASD in ARK because of beautiful landscape (rolling green hills with woods) and multiples buildings :D unfortunately I didn't last longer than a year at ASD. I quit after 3 months from Fall to winter break and I got out before my life got worse there.
Wow. Amazing to see how you survive. ;)

When I came to CID, there was only one building, indeed, but when I got into "middle" school, I had to walk few blocks away to the "dorm" building. I hated it. Do you know which "dorm" building I am talking about?

ChelEler said:
You did?? Hrm... how come I could not recognize you? :dunno:

Were you in "middle" school or "upper" school during any of these years?
I was just a little kid... under the age of 5. I was also a very curly blonde. Heh!

ChelEler said:
Wow. Amazing to see how you survive. ;)

When I came to CID, there was only one building, indeed, but when I got into "middle" school, I had to walk few blocks away to the "dorm" building. I hated it. Do you know which "dorm" building I am talking about?
nope, I haven't been to CID since 1973 so I don't know which one is "Dorm" after they started having more than 1 buildings. *shrug* but I have gotten newsletters, annual reports etc from CID sent to my mailing address over the years so I have seen the new constructions they spoke of via brochures and website back then.

see this url: http://www.cidaa.org/CID%20Const.%20Html's/CID%20Const%20Oct%207%201999%20Photos.html

where it says "old and oldest" I remember "old" but I don't recall "oldest" maybe I didn't pay attention to that building when my mom and I visited. I would know the "oldest" cuz of sign on the wall and playground on the roof and gym etc.

enjoy the rest of the construction photo pages :D It is interesting to see that it has gone thru transformation from small campus to huge campus!

Back