CI soon...CI friendly only please

StacieLeigh, glad to know that your surgery went well and I hope you will have a much speedy recovery :)

Fragmenter said:
...I have an appointment with the audiologist and surgeon on July 25th so I'm more and more excited each day!

So, we move from theoretical to actual intent...eh? :D

Congratulations and Best Wishes!

Fragmenter said:
Stacy, I just wanted to tell you I appreciate your feedback after CI surgery a lot. I have an appointment with the audiologist and surgeon on July 25th so I'm more and more excited each day!

I'm looking forward to your activation day!
Just got to know you, and allready witnessing tremendous lifechanging steps..

:) What's it like inside your head? :)

LOL, I didn't want to hijack Stacie's thread but I'll keep it short and sweet: I feel like a caterpillar preparing its own concoon getting ready to morph into a butterfly. I'm not expecting to fly like all other butterflies but I'm ready to air glide at the least!

Stacie.. sorry, I know I'm :topic: (but just have to do it....)
Fragmenter said:
LOL, I didn't want to hijack Stacie's thread but I'll keep it short and sweet: I feel like a caterpillar preparing its own concoon getting ready to morph into a butterfly. I'm not expecting to fly like all other butterflies but I'm looking forward to just glide at the least!
YOu know..
Your metamorfose is mindblowing and I (and others here) would be honoured to read about it.
Why don't you start a new post for yourself and your son, like I did for Lotte?
You could copy the info from other posts that you made. (I did that with Lotte's thread. I copy/paste them from another forum...)

Fragmenter said:
LOL, I didn't want to hijack Stacie's thread but I'll keep it short and sweet: I feel like a caterpillar preparing its own concoon getting ready to morph into a butterfly. I'm not expecting to fly like all other butterflies but I'm ready to air glide at the least!

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!! What an amazing way of describing how you feel!

Fragmenter said:
Stacy, I just wanted to tell you I appreciate your feedback after CI surgery a lot. I have an appointment with the audiologist and surgeon on July 25th so I'm more and more excited each day!

I'm looking forward to your activation day!

Awesome! I wish you the best.....
I'm looking forward to the activation day myself, even more excited!
Stacie

R2D2 said:
Wow Fragmenter an exciting development - wishing you all the best with your appointment and assessment for suitability!

How are you doing Stacie?

I'm doing great! My head still a little sore and so is my ear, but otherwise I feel great and excited! The numbness around my head decreased some, why I can feel the tenderness around my head, only if I touch lol.

Ready for your surgery? I think you are lol

Stacie

Fragmenter said:

Awesome way to put it!
No need to worry about hijacking the thread, I want everyone supporting the CI to feel free to post about anything they want. I'm out of books and I need something good to read!

Get ready to air glide!

Cloggy said:
Stacie.. sorry, I know I'm :topic: (but just have to do it....)

YOu know..
Your metamorfose is mindblowing and I (and others here) would be honoured to read about it.
Why don't you start a new post for yourself and your son, like I did for Lotte?
You could copy the info from other posts that you made. (I did that with Lotte's thread. I copy/paste them from another forum...)

No worry! If it goes off topic, more fun!

i took a picture of my head and I am trying to figure out how to put it on here, so bear with me lol if it works great! if not, please help!!! lol
i cropped and cropped and cropped to get it uploaded lol

Cloggy, i noticed your pics, help me out here lol

Attachments

• stacie.jpg
    stacie.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
StacieLeigh said:
i took a picture of my head and I am trying to figure out how to put it on here, so bear with me lol if it works great! if not, please help!!! lol

That picture makes my feet hurt! How does it feel now?

StacieLeigh said:

Looks fine to me.... Doesnot look as if you need help.

But your "cut" is like 2-3 times Lottes (here).... Looks good though. Healing well I see.

StacieLeigh said:

I can tell that it is healing good but I didn't realize that the cut would be that big.
Hope you are feeling much better by now :)

StacieLeigh said:

Looks good! Mine was very similar to yours...and like me you got the right side too.

Ouch!! I thought the cuts were smaller? The way I seen this described in another thread that it was actually like a micro surgery involving microscopes just to see.

But that cut is way bigger than a microscopic surgery to me. Hope you feel better soon Stacie.

Got my first appointment for a CI on July 11th.

Bear said:
Ouch!! I thought the cuts were smaller? The way I seen this described in another thread that it was actually like a micro surgery involving microscopes just to see.

But that cut is way bigger than a microscopic surgery to me. Hope you feel better soon Stacie.

The size of the incision depends on the surgeon to a great extent. Also the same surgeons may do the surgery differently for different people depending on what their ear structure is like. That's the purpose of MRI scans so that it gives them a guide for how to do the surgery.

Good to hear you have an appointment! Hope all goes well and keep us informed.

StacieLeigh said:
Awesome! I wish you the best.....
I'm looking forward to the activation day myself, even more excited!
Stacie

Stacie -- so glad you got thru the surgery great! I think Fragmenter had told me but I forget how long between the surgery and the activation? For some reason I thought it was the day after surgery...

Bear said:

Bear, you too? Cool! First CI? I wish you the best...

Back