CI Opinion

Doubt if this video's intent serves as one-sided view of success stories.
Most of them say they have hearing loss or are deaf, not hearing impaired. They got it right.

"...Where I would be completely in the dark and completely in the unknown if I don't have my hearing aid on. If I don't have my implant on. And it's a very scary feeling for someone."

"I'm completely in the dark without it."

"Oh, no, my battery is dying. -Do you have another spare battery?"

Guys, any of you know any sign language, right?

My cochlear implant broke. You adapt."

Uh, using sign language is adaption. Easy transition.

"Do you hear music? Do you hear sound? What do you hear? What does it sound like? I don't think anyone understands unless you live with it. Because you can't replicate it. You can't explain."

You may think wearing CI help you fit with the society. Yeah, of course, but your wearing CI is still enabling hearing society's ignorant attitude, and spoiling the society. Your may have your life back, but you are making it difficult for unqualified candidates' lives. Sign language is not only for deafness. It is for autism, mute, throat cancer and all kind of disorders.

This is why I support all modes of communication. Saludos.

Doubt if this video's intent serves as one-sided view of success stories.
Most of them say they have hearing loss or are deaf, not hearing impaired. They got it right.

"...Where I would be completely in the dark and completely in the unknown if I don't have my hearing aid on. If I don't have my implant on. And it's a very scary feeling for someone."

"I'm completely in the dark without it."

"Oh, no, my battery is dying. -Do you have another spare battery?"

Guys, any of you know any sign language, right?

My cochlear implant broke. You adapt."

Uh, using sign language is adaption. Easy transition.

"Do you hear music? Do you hear sound? What do you hear? What does it sound like? I don't think anyone understands unless you live with it. Because you can't replicate it. You can't explain."

You may think wearing CI help you fit with the society. Yeah, of course, but your wearing CI is still enabling hearing society's ignorant attitude, and spoiling the society. Your may have your life back, but you are making it difficult for unqualified candidates' lives. Sign language is not only for deafness. It is for autism, mute, throat cancer and all kind of disorders.

This is why I support all modes of communication. Saludos.
YES exactly. Oral exclusive approaches train a dhh kid to be DEPENDENT on a device. That is CRUEL. Why shouldn't a dhh kid have the right to ALL the possible tools instead of being dependent on a device? The world is not a soundbooth!

Back